PCD Cochairs 2010-08-31 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 18:57, 22 May 2012 by Efurst (Talk | contribs) (Next Meeting: move to archive)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

  1. Review & Approve Agenda
  2. Review Previous Meeting Summary previous Discussion Summary from 2010.08.24
  3. F2F Agenda
  4. MEM Security WP
  5. IEEE Pulse article
  6. FDA/NIST Meeting
  7. AAMI 2011 session submission
  8. Canadian biomed conference in Toronto
  9. Technical Framework Update
  10. Connectathons and Showcases: 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
  11. AAMI/FDA Pump Conference
  12. Standards Coordination
  13. Funding Status update
  14. IHE International
    1. Patent Process follow-up w/ CareFusion
  15. Recruiting
    1. EHR/EMR, ADT, WCM, other
    2. Help GG
  16. ONC Update (was HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update)
  17. Profile Updates
  18. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
  19. Additional Business
  20. Action Items
  21. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on August 24, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-08-24 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
Meeting Chaired by: John
Guest: Paul Schluter, John Garguilo
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Deferred.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Agenda Items
- All
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • 3. F2F Agenda discussion:
- Setting time to end Friday: 12:30.
- Manny described the entries as cut and paste from last year without updating links or other elements, merely as placeholder for the cochairs. There is interest in setting aside some time Monday for local people interested in PCD. Ken will contact Erin to learn about interest among ECRI Institute and local agencies.
  • 4. MEM Security WP: Proposal was sent to the group. Steve said there is some concern about overlap with 80001. Todd responded that there isn’t much overlap, that the technical report describes necessary functions but does not specify how this is done. MEM will have an outline of the WP later this week and Todd will review it for overlap.
  • 5. IEEE Pulse article: Ken described the discussion he, Steve and Manny had with a free lance author. It is wide ranging. They are reviewing the draft.
  • 6. FDA/NIST, PCD: John Garguilo reviewed a recent meeting with Terrie Reed, Mary Brady, RN of the FDA. They met with NIST a couple of weeks ago. Lisa Carnahan and John Garguilo were among NIST staff. They are interested in areas of nursing.
- Ken described a phone conference with several FDA staff last week to introduce them to the PCD. Their interests center around adverse events. He suggested they submit a brief profile proposal for adverse events. John Rhoads said he’s spoken with her several weeks earlier about PCD. There’s some interest in ventilator terminology related to FDA’s work with a hospital (we suggested RTM-vent) and Tracy Rausch’s work. Ken has discussed interoperability with Sandy Weininger who was also on the call with PCD leadership last week.
  • 7. AAMI 2011: Ken submitted a proposal for an IHE update. He asked for the session to be scheduled early to better tie to the PCD demonstration. We should
  • 8. Canadian conference: John Leung requested a mini-showcase at a meeting. Manny will inquire for more detail.
  • 9. TF TI Update: Ken has revised it and will send it to Mary. John Rhoads will send his revised version soon. They will develop a Final Text version to be provided to the PC then to Mary before the end of the year and an updated version some time after the January Connectathon.
  • 10: Connectathons and Showcases: Todd will distribute a report of the Korean Connectathon. It went well. A significant observation is that we are turning the corning getting companies involved. We need to do a better job communicating a business reason for the Connectathon/Showcase model. Todd said that Drs. Lee and Kwak and he discussed next year’s Connectathon in Seoul and will go beyond what they did this year, incorporating security and other items. It will likely be in the Spring and accompany another health care show. Dr. Kwak is moving to Seoul to take another position that will support interoperability. Several companies in Korea were Continua certified and, along with other companies, will participate in a plug fest in November. He noted they received feedback, participants felt it was valuable and that it is nice to talk in their own language where it was easier than participating elsewhere.
- Todd noted that he and Paul have spoken with Chuck Parker about testing the WS interface.


5 Fall F2F
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Profile Update Detail
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be September 7, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-09-07 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home