PCD Cochairs 2010-07-20 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review Previous Meeting Summaries previous Discussion Summary from 2010.06.22, previous Discussion Summary from 2010.06.29, previous Discussion Summary from 2010.07.06, previous Discussion Summary from 2010.07.13
- 3. Cochairs Elections
- 4. Profile Updates
- 5. ONC Update (was HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update)
- 6. Technical Framework Update
- 7. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- 8. Standards Coordination
- 9. Funding Status update
- 10. Board Report
- 11. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 12. IHE International
- - Patent Process follow-up w/ CareFusion
- 13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- 14. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
- 15. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 16. Additional Business
- 17. Action Items
- 18. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on July 13, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-07-13 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Ray Zambuto joined the meeting at 3:30 EDT to discuss funding.
- Todd left the meeting before discussion of funding began.
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Guest: Paul Schluter, Ray Zambuto
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Accepted with agreement that the second half of the meeting will be devoted to funding.
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Reviews of past meeting summaries that had been delayed were reviewed and accepted without change.
3 Action Items Review
4 Agenda Items
- 3: Elections: Steve noted that both committees should have both a user and technical cochair. John Gargiulo has been nominated to the TC cochair office.
- 4: Profile updates:
- WCM: Manny will poll PCD to learn if there is interest in implementing all or part for the Connectathon and/or Showcase. It cannot stand alone; it is embedded in ACM or DEC. Todd suggested this is a “format profile”, not a “content profile” or transaction profile. He described times when it would be an option.
- MEM: A call is set for August 9 at 1 pm EDT.
- Nothing to report on CPs.
- 5: Nothing to report on ONC.
- 6: Nothing to report on TF.
- 7: Korea Connectathon: Steven Yao (IHE Asia), Lisa, John Donnelly, Todd, Dr. Lee discussed Showcase preparation. Calls are scheduled. There are issues to be resolved. He indicated it was a good exchange, surfacing the differences between countries and cultures rather than replicating the US approach. Todd has been in touch with NIST re Message Validator.
- 8: Standards Coordination:
- ICE-PAC is on track.
- DCM: John reported on yesterday’s call. The VA is on a fast track to develop use cases, initially for ventilators. There is a notice of intent to ballot on this issue in HL7, to get the detailed clinical modeling element off the ground.
- 9: Funding:
- Three of the PCD cochairs, Ray, Paul and Manny discussed this item.
- PCD cochairs will have a discussion with Jennifer about the draft and get this set before discussion with HIMSS. ACCE can set up their operation/organization, then set up call with Joyce, Lisa, Jennifer to be sure there are no conflicts.
- Ken will restructure the documents and then we’ll submit to Jennifer. We will point out to Jennifer how the document can be tailored initially for IHE companies, then others. We need to ask about the use of the Foundation for tax exemption, as well as the range.
Other Agenda Items were deferred.
The next meeting will be July 27, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-07-27 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">