PCD Cochairs 2010-07-13 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review Previous Meeting Summaries (June 15, 22, 29 and July 6) Deferred
- 3. Profile Updates
- 4. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 5. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- 6. Stakeholder Survey
- 7. Funding Status update
- 8. Board Report
- 9. IHE International
- - Patent Process follow-up w/ CareFusion
- 10. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- 11. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
- 12. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 13. Additional Business
- 14. Action Items
- 15. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on July 6, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-07-06 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Todd added Standards Coordination, IHE Coordination with ITI item and cochairs elections. He asked that AAMI, Stakeholder Survey, and the Oct. F2F be removed until they become active.
- Accepted Placeholder
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Several meetings are in the queue.
Action(s): Manny will update meeting summaries and send a request for review via email before the next meeting.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 87: Recruiting Vendors -
- 88: Cycle 4 -
- 89: Stakeholder Survey -
- 90: ASTM MOU -
- 91: High-Level Architecture -
- 92: TF Revision -
- 93: V&V & IHE -
- 94: Managing Public Comments -
- 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -
- 96: Recruiting for the 2011 Connectathon, Showcase -
4 Agenda Items
- Todd asked if IDCO representatives will attend tomorrow’s TC meeting. No one has received their response to the invitation. Todd sent a reminder and Paul will send them information about the timeline.
- Todd raised the ER vs XML for PCD. John considers this a clarification, rather than substantive. The requirement for ER will be mentioned in tomorrow’s TC and in the TF revision.
- Todd suggested a CP to identify a webservices option for PCD-01. This appears to have been addressed (partially) in Paul’s earlier CP. However, Paul suggested that additional verbiage may be required. This will require an additional option, with a default of MLLP with an option for webservices or both (behind the firewall).
- The two outstanding PIV ballots will pass; the only question is if quorum requirements have been met. Yvonne is updating the roster and past votes.
- Iona has raised the issue of use of dotted notation because it is not HL7, but additional parsing requirements. This has been discussed previously. A short discussion will be include in the TC agenda.
- Monroe has raised the issue of a separate OBR. Todd asked if this should be resolved at ballot resolution. Monroe wants the evidentiary data in the same message. A short discussion will be include in the TC agenda.
- HITSP ARRA/HITECH status update: Halamka’s notes on the final rule: Todd said there are no surprises. PCD’s issues are in Phase 2, not Phase 1, where they were desired. Concern is over their inclusion in Phase 2. Change subject name to ONC Update in the future.
- Korea Connectathon: Todd will be going. We had a call last week identifying all the management issues. We meet again Thurs. Todd shared the PPT listing devices that will be tested.
- Manny to add xml to TC agenda. Change subject name to ONC Update in the future.
5 Next Meeting
The next meeting will be July 20, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-07-20 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">