PCD Cochairs 2010-07-06 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.06.29
- 3. AAMI
- - AAMI Response to Co-Sponsorship
- - Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- 4. Detailed Profile Proposals
- 5. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 6. F2F - Participation, Recruiting, Planning
- 7. Connectathons 2010 Korea and 2011 NA and HIMSS11 Showcase Updates
- 8. Stakeholder Survey
- 9. Funding Status update
- 10. Board Report
- 11. IHE International
- - Patent Process follow-up w/ CareFusion
- 12. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- 13. ITI "Outreach" Program Response w/ Karen Witting
- 14. Technical Framework Template Discussions in DCC
- 15. Additional Business
- 16. Action Items
- 17. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on June 29, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-06-29 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Review of several previous meetings were deferred; nothing significant was accomplished last week.
3 Agenda Items
- 3: AAMI – annual meeting session and mini-showcase: Demonstration attendance was quite strong on the last day, some quiet time on other days. Visitors had good questions, appeared to be knowledgeable and to find the demonstration meaningful. Cochairs agreed it was worthwhile for the companies.
- 4. Profile Proposals: Manny summarized MEM recruiting at AAMI and later. Steve will lead the effort to develop a Brief Profile Proposal. He will set up Webex meetings.
- 5. HITSP ARRA/HITECH status update: Nothing to report.
- 6. Fall F2F: Nothing significant to consider until the time to organize the meeting arrives. Remove this from the agenda list going forward, to return later.
- 7. Korean Connectathon: Todd attempting to set up weekly meetings with Korean PCD for him and Manny.
- Testing and Tools Committee: Todd summarized status and suggested we ask John Garguilo to provide an update on NIST tools. Todd will follow up.
- GS1: Audrey sent information about GS1’s intentions related to patient identification. Todd responded that PCD is very interested in participating. This would be RFID as well as bar code.
- Continua: Ken and Todd indicated there is an issue with regard to the WAN interface and Continua for the Connectathons in the US in January and in Korea in August.
- 8 and subsequent items: No updates offered.
4 Action Items Review
The next meeting will be July 13, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-07-13 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">