PCD Cochairs 2010-03-16 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.03.09
- 3. AAMI
- - Meeting at AAMI to discuss medical device IT, Monday, 29 March 2010 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the AAMI Offices in Arlington, VA
- - Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- - Domain Sponsorship
- 4. Detailed Profile Proposals
- 5. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 6. Showcase Update (HIMSS10, HIMSS11)
- 8. Connectathon Update
- - Survey Results
- 9. Funding Status update
- 10. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 11. IHE International
- - Incorporation Status
- - IP Management Process
- 12. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- - Netherlands Showcase
- 13. F2F in May
- 14. Recruiting Continua members - Paul's invitation
- 15. Additional Business
- 16. Action Items
- 17. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on March 9, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-03-09 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by: Todd
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No changes were requested.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 87: Recruiting Vendors -
- 88: Cycle 4 -
- 89: Stakeholder Survey -
- 90: ASTM MOU -
- 91: High-Level Architecture -
- 92: TF Revision -
- 93: V&V & IHE -
- 94: Managing Public Comments -
- 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -
- 96: Recruiting for the 2011 Connectathon, Showcase -
4 Agenda Items
- 3: AAMI – annual meeting session and mini-showcase
- - Todd is leading the annual meeting session
- - Manny is hopeful we'll have sufficient participation to make the mini-showcase work, but that's not certain yet.
- 4. Detailed Profile Proposals: Todd suggested that the milestone Wiki page should be checked. Steve suggested we’re missing deadlines. Cochairs discussed plans to publish the Detailed Profile Proposals, Paul's CPs for PCD TC ballot and the TF for ballot for release for public comments.
- 5: HITSP/ARRA: Nothing offered.
- 6. HIMSS11: Anticipated increase in vendor participation: Hill-Rom, Rauland: very likely; Smiths, Baxter: very likely; L&D Fetal Montors: cochairs are talking with two companies.
- 11. IHE International
- - DCC Meeting: Todd reported a discussion about URNs and asked if we need a URN. A proposal would be offered to the IATF. Paul responded that the Continua communications will need this. He asked that someone follow the discussion and assure PCD interests are represented. Paul suggested the repository be in ITI. John offered to do this.
- - Steve noted the board report was due July 1 last year.
- - Patent Discussion: Chris Carr to address the PCD issue.
- 13. F2F: Manny provided an update. HIMSS will negotiate with the two hotels. We should know by middle of next week. Friday (all or part) and Saturday will be an IEEE standards meeting.
The next meeting will be March 23, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-03-23 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">