PCD Cochairs 2010-02-23 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.02.09
- 3. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 4. AAMI
- - Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- - Domain Sponsorship
- 5. Detailed Profile Proposals
- 6. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 7. Showcase Update
- - Ruth's testing
- - Snapshots, Block Diagrams, Structure
- - Scripts and Docent Recruiting, Training
- - Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
- - Recruiting at HIMSS10
- - Stakeholder survey announcement?
- 8. Connectathon Update
- - Survey Results
- 9. Funding Status update
- - Federal funding
- - Letter to ACCE
- - Proposal from Jennifer
- - Other opportunities / updates
- 10. IHE International
- - Incorporation Status
- - IP Management Process
- 11. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- - Netherlands Showcase
- 12. F2F in May
- 13. Recruiting Continua members - Paul's invitation
- 14. Additional Business
- 15. Action Items
- 16. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on February 16, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-02-16 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by: John
- Guest: Paul Schluter, Elliot Sloane, Ray Zambuto
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No changes were requested.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 87: Recruiting Vendors -
- 88: Cycle 4 -
- 89: Stakeholder Survey -
- 90: ASTM MOU -
- 91: High-Level Architecture -
- 92: TF Revision -
- 93: V&V & IHE -
- 94: Managing Public Comments -
- 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -
4 Agenda Items
- 3: MEM – Steve will incorporate the minor comments.
- User Handbook – Steve will address and finalize.
- 4. AAMI – annual meeting session and mini-showcase - deferred
- AAMI cosponsorship – Ray reviewed the proposal and Mary’s response.
- 5. Detailed Profile Proposals: Nothing new.
- 6. HITSP ARRA/HITECH status update: waiting for ONC to issue direction. John and Todd will develop a submission. Submission of the public comment is essential to getting visibility for devices and TN905. Todd will develop a short note.
- 7. Those on this morning’s Webex seemed confident in their preparation. Docent training is scheduled for all but two docents and Manny is hopeful there will be a way to manage that.
- 8. Todd noted that the pump summit spent a good part of one day addressing issues that came out of the Connectathon.
- 9. ACCE has offered $2000 toward the AAMI mini-Showcase.
- 10. IP Management: Chris hasn’t followed up and Lisa has been too busy to address this. Elliot noted there a several issues pending that haven’t been addressed. There’s an F2F for IHE International. Todd noted that he presented the slides at the beginning of the pump summit. Several companies have asked about this and are seriously concerned.
- 11. Ken noted that the Dutch are proceeding with a demonstration of some kind in March. Bikram will be there. Todd will be in Korea at the end of the month, largely personal health device oriented.
- 12. Kaiser has rooms available for 4 of the 5 days and are looking for other rooms for Thursday.
5 Fall F2F
6 Profile Update Detail
- Pump Summit: The vendors have been consumed with the Connectathon and Showcase since the last meeting (Dallas, October). Baxter, Epic, the three traditional pump vendors and ECRI were represented. Among the issues:
- - Need more consumer application representation
- - Colin FX and Ruth submitted issues that will be addressed after the Showcase
- - CPs will be offered
- - Momentum was restored
n Next Meeting
The next meeting will be March 9, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-03-09 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">