PCD Cochairs 2010-02-23 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:03, 17 May 2010 by Smaxwell (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.02.09
3. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
4. AAMI
- Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- Domain Sponsorship
5. Detailed Profile Proposals
6. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
7. Showcase Update
- Ruth's testing
- Snapshots, Block Diagrams, Structure
- Scripts and Docent Recruiting, Training
- Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
- Recruiting at HIMSS10
- Stakeholder survey announcement?
8. Connectathon Update
- Survey Results
9. Funding Status update
- Federal funding
- Letter to ACCE
- Proposal from Jennifer
- Other opportunities / updates
10. IHE International
- Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
11. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- Netherlands Showcase
12. F2F in May
13. Recruiting Continua members - Paul's invitation
14. Additional Business
15. Action Items
16. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on February 16, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-02-16 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: John
Guest: Paul Schluter, Elliot Sloane, Ray Zambuto
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
No changes were requested.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Deferred

  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 74: Clinician recruitment -
  • 77: HITSP RMON -
  • 78: Continua -
  • 82: CIMIT -
  • 83: Funding Possibilities -
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors -
  • 88: Cycle 4 -
  • 89: Stakeholder Survey -
  • 90: ASTM MOU -
  • 91: High-Level Architecture -
  • 92: TF Revision -
  • 93: V&V & IHE -
  • 94: Managing Public Comments -
  • 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Agenda Items
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • 3: MEM – Steve will incorporate the minor comments.
User Handbook – Steve will address and finalize.
  • 4. AAMI – annual meeting session and mini-showcase - deferred
AAMI cosponsorship – Ray reviewed the proposal and Mary’s response.
  • 5. Detailed Profile Proposals: Nothing new.
  • 6. HITSP ARRA/HITECH status update: waiting for ONC to issue direction. John and Todd will develop a submission. Submission of the public comment is essential to getting visibility for devices and TN905. Todd will develop a short note.
  • 7. Those on this morning’s Webex seemed confident in their preparation. Docent training is scheduled for all but two docents and Manny is hopeful there will be a way to manage that.
  • 8. Todd noted that the pump summit spent a good part of one day addressing issues that came out of the Connectathon.
  • 9. ACCE has offered $2000 toward the AAMI mini-Showcase.
  • 10. IP Management: Chris hasn’t followed up and Lisa has been too busy to address this. Elliot noted there a several issues pending that haven’t been addressed. There’s an F2F for IHE International. Todd noted that he presented the slides at the beginning of the pump summit. Several companies have asked about this and are seriously concerned.
  • 11. Ken noted that the Dutch are proceeding with a demonstration of some kind in March. Bikram will be there. Todd will be in Korea at the end of the month, largely personal health device oriented.
  • 12. Kaiser has rooms available for 4 of the 5 days and are looking for other rooms for Thursday.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Fall F2F
- Manny
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Profile Update Detail
- Todd
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Pump Summit: The vendors have been consumed with the Connectathon and Showcase since the last meeting (Dallas, October). Baxter, Epic, the three traditional pump vendors and ECRI were represented. Among the issues:
- Need more consumer application representation
- Colin FX and Ruth submitted issues that will be addressed after the Showcase
- CPs will be offered
- Momentum was restored


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

9 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

n Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be March 9, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-03-09 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home