PCD Cochairs 2010-02-09 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:03, 17 May 2010 by Smaxwell (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.02.02, previous Discussion Summary from 2010.01.05
3. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
4. AAMI
- Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase
- Domain Sponsorship
5. Device – Patient Association
6. HITSP TN905
7. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
8. Showcase Update
- Ruth's testing
- Snapshots, Block Diagrams, Structure
- Scripts and Docent Recruiting, Training
- Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
- Recruiting at HIMSS10
- Stakeholder survey announcement?
9. Connectathon Update
- Survey Results
10. Termination of non-performing Google Groups
11. Funding Status update
- Federal funding
- Letter to ACCE
- Proposal from Jennifer
- Other opportunities / updates
12. IHE International
- Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- Netherlands Showcase
14. F2F in May
15. Recruiting Continua members - Paul's invitation
16. Additional Business
17. Action Items
18. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on February 2, 2010, PCD Cochairs 2010-02-02 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: Todd
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

In the absence of a quorum no decisions were made.

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Accepted, with the following changes for next meeting:
- Device – Patient Association - replace with generalized Detailed Profile Proposals going forward
- Remove item 6
- Remove item 10

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Review previous Discussion Summary from 2010.02.02, previous Discussion Summary from 2010.01.05
- Meeting summaries were accepted without change.
- Todd updated on PCC's interest in integrating PCD profiles into perinatal workflow.
- It seems Ken sent the FDA email.
- Profile editor's training was recorded. No cochair attended.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 74: Clinician recruitment -
  • 77: HITSP RMON -
  • 78: Continua -
  • 82: CIMIT -
  • 83: Funding Possibilities -
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors -
  • 88: Cycle 4 -
  • 89: Stakeholder Survey -
  • 90: ASTM MOU -
  • 91: High-Level Architecture -
  • 92: TF Revision -
  • 93: V&V & IHE -
  • 94: Managing Public Comments -
  • 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Agenda Topics
- All
Status/Discussion:

Agenda Items

3. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- Will wait for Steve's return
4. AAMI
- Conference 2010: Session and Mini-Showcase: Todd is preparing a proposal for the session. There is preliminary interest in the mini-Showcase, but it is too early to tell.
- Domain Sponsorship: Manny summarized discussions with Paul Kelley and Ray, and indicated the desire for CE and corporate member support. Todd suggested that the focus will depend upon the spokesperson's interests, such as ICE-PAC, FDA.
5. Device – Patient Association - replace with generalized Detailed Profile Proposals going forward
6. HITSP TN905: remove from agenda going forward
7. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
8. Showcase Update
- Ruth's testing appears successful
- Snapshots, Block Diagrams, Structure are being finalized
- Scripts and Docent Recruiting, Training: the scripts for Walls 1, 2 should be final this week; docent training will be scheduled for those not actively participating in developing these; Todd requested next Friday next for wall 4
- Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use and for each script to reference the other walls.
- Recruiting at HIMSS10: ideas sought.
- Stakeholder survey: announce at HIMSS? Run draft past Rick Schrenker and Julian Goldman. Ask Ray to request ACCE.
9. Connectathon Update
- Survey Results have been posted
10. Termination of non-performing Google Groups: completed
11. Funding Status update - delete in favor of AAMI; and since IHE USA has not completed its organization it cannot seek funding.
- Proposal from Jennifer - consider using to support the mini-Showcase - Manny to ask her about this and the handouts and Lisa about handouts
12. IHE International
- IHE International has been incorporated
- IP Management Process - still not resolved, but has become more significant; it is expected to be on the IHE Cochairs agenda this week.
13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- Netherlands Showcase - deferred to Ken
- Korea has invited Todd to help kick off their effort with a Connectathon and Showcase; requesting he come in March. Todd spoke with Charles last week about the distinction between an official Connectathon and a testing event.
14. F2F in May
- Todd will call Mario. Chicago as backup, San Diego for the Fall.
15. Recruiting Continua members - Paul's invitation
- Little response was experienced. Manny to check to see if Lee has been added to any committee or WG. Paul noted that there are several key people already on appropriate committees/working groups.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 F2F Meetings
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • see above

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Profile Update Detail
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Paul noted that the second round of Continua balloting is underway with the changes that have been made. The CPs required of PCD will be discussed in tomorrow's TC meeting.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Febnuary 16, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-02-16 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home