PCD Cochairs 2010-01-05 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2009.12.08 and previous Discussion Summary from 2009.12.22
- 3. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
- 4. Presentations:
- - AAMI Conference 2010
- - FDA Continua Conference
- - Continua/WSLA Conference in San Diego, Feb.
- 5. Device – Patient Association
- 6. HITSP TN905
- 7. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 8. Showcase Update
- - Hoping to have draft of Scenario/Messages/Themes, Layouts, Utilities for the four walls by COB Friday
- - Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
- - Recruiting AC vendors - we have Ascom, Polycom, Hill-Rom; unlikely to have Vocera
- - Recruiting RTLS vendors
- - Recruiting, Other
- - - News releases, emails, etc. sent out ASAP
- - - should we consider Continua members with regulated devices? AAMI?
- 9. Connectathon Update
- - Continua will not test at Connectathon
- 10. Termination of non-performing Google Groups
- 11. Funding Status update
- - Federal funding
- - Letter to ACCE
- - Proposal from Jennifer
- - Other opportunities / updates
- 12. IHE International
- - Incorporation Status
- - IP Management Process
- 13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
- 14. F2F in May
- 15. Additional Business
- - Webex hosting, PCD rosters - changes
- 16. Action Items
- 17. Next Meeting
Attachments / Materials
The previous meeting was on December 22, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-12-22 Webex
See PCD Cochair Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by: Ken
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Accepted with Todd's addition
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Discussion sumamries of the previous two meetings were accepted.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 87: Recruiting Vendors -
- 88: Cycle 4 -
- 89: Stakeholder Survey -
- 90: ASTM MOU -
- 91: High-Level Architecture -
- 92: TF Revision -
- 93: V&V & IHE -
- 94: Managing Public Comments -
- 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -
4 IHE International
5 Fall F2F
- No change
6 Profile Update Detail
- Ken reported there has been no progress.
- HL7 Meeting in Phoenix this month:
- - CDA issues – there is a need to address processes that reduce inconsistent implementations of v 2, v 3 and CDA.
- FDA/Continua Interoperability Workshop:
- - Todd will facilitate a panel and lead a breakout group.
- - Ken will propose a presentation on WCM (20 minutes) and possibly other profiles. Other topics were suggested.
- - Todd suggested addressing issues that need to be addressed or are being addressed. Paul will offer to talk about RTM and/or rigorous validation. Ken noted that the ventilator RTM effort is a good example of the need to describe the effort required to achieve interoperability. Philips will likely present on the ventilator developments.
- - Todd may provide an overview of TN905.
- - Paul suggested discussing the Continua/WAN convergence.
- Profile Editors Training by Chris Carr, Jan. 28: We should encourage participation.
- No significant issues. Hill-Rom will participate, Christian will be available for dinner Wed.
- LiveData: discussed what will be the size of their display (likely limited to 40 or 42")
- Wall 4: ARRA: ONC Release – Todd suggested that the latest documents (two of them) reduce the requirements and will impact what we demonstrate. 2009-12-30 Interim Final Rule 31216 and 31217 and … are available in the Federal Register. He recommended referring to Halamka’s blog to see which pages are most important.
- HITSP TN905 WG will meet for the last time Friday. It will not be updated in response to the ONC release.
The next meeting will be January 19, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-01-19 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">