PCD Cochairs 2010-01-05 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:02, 17 May 2010 by Smaxwell (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2009.12.08 and previous Discussion Summary from 2009.12.22
3. Status: MEM public comment resolution; User Handbook Public Comment Period and potential for publicizing IHE, PCD
4. Presentations:
- AAMI Conference 2010
- FDA Continua Conference
- Continua/WSLA Conference in San Diego, Feb.
5. Device – Patient Association
6. HITSP TN905
7. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
8. Showcase Update
- Hoping to have draft of Scenario/Messages/Themes, Layouts, Utilities for the four walls by COB Friday
- Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
- Recruiting AC vendors - we have Ascom, Polycom, Hill-Rom; unlikely to have Vocera
- Recruiting RTLS vendors
- Recruiting, Other
- - News releases, emails, etc. sent out ASAP
- - should we consider Continua members with regulated devices? AAMI?
9. Connectathon Update
- Continua will not test at Connectathon
10. Termination of non-performing Google Groups
11. Funding Status update
- Federal funding
- Letter to ACCE
- Proposal from Jennifer
- Other opportunities / updates
12. IHE International
- Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
14. F2F in May
15. Additional Business
- Webex hosting, PCD rosters - changes
16. Action Items
17. Next Meeting

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on December 22, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-12-22 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: Ken
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted with Todd's addition

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Discussion sumamries of the previous two meetings were accepted.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 74: Clinician recruitment -
  • 77: HITSP RMON -
  • 78: Continua -
  • 82: CIMIT -
  • 83: Funding Possibilities -
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors -
  • 88: Cycle 4 -
  • 89: Stakeholder Survey -
  • 90: ASTM MOU -
  • 91: High-Level Architecture -
  • 92: TF Revision -
  • 93: V&V & IHE -
  • 94: Managing Public Comments -
  • 95: Clarification of HL7 copyright issues -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 IHE International
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Fall F2F
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • No change

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Profile Update Detail
- Ken
Status/Discussion:
  • Ken reported there has been no progress.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • HL7 Meeting in Phoenix this month:
- CDA issues – there is a need to address processes that reduce inconsistent implementations of v 2, v 3 and CDA.
  • FDA/Continua Interoperability Workshop:
- Todd will facilitate a panel and lead a breakout group.
- Ken will propose a presentation on WCM (20 minutes) and possibly other profiles. Other topics were suggested.
- Todd suggested addressing issues that need to be addressed or are being addressed. Paul will offer to talk about RTM and/or rigorous validation. Ken noted that the ventilator RTM effort is a good example of the need to describe the effort required to achieve interoperability. Philips will likely present on the ventilator developments.
- Todd may provide an overview of TN905.
- Paul suggested discussing the Continua/WAN convergence.
  • Profile Editors Training by Chris Carr, Jan. 28: We should encourage participation.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 Connectathon
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • No significant issues. Hill-Rom will participate, Christian will be available for dinner Wed.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

9 Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • LiveData: discussed what will be the size of their display (likely limited to 40 or 42")
  • Wall 4: ARRA: ONC Release – Todd suggested that the latest documents (two of them) reduce the requirements and will impact what we demonstrate. 2009-12-30 Interim Final Rule 31216 and 31217 and … are available in the Federal Register. He recommended referring to Halamka’s blog to see which pages are most important.
  • HITSP TN905 WG will meet for the last time Friday. It will not be updated in response to the ONC release.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be January 19, 2010 PCD Cochairs 2010-01-19 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home