Difference between revisions of "PCD Cochairs 2009-11-17 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (establish page)
 
 
(9 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
 
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
  
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009   
+
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009   
  
 
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time  
 
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time  
Line 8: Line 8:
  
 
== Proposed Agenda ==  
 
== Proposed Agenda ==  
'''preliminary, copied from 11/17'''
+
 
 
:1. Review & Approve Agenda
 
:1. Review & Approve Agenda
:2. Review [[PCD_Cochairs_2009-11-17_Webex | previous Discussion Summary from 2009.11.17]]   
+
:2. Review [[PCD_Cochairs_2009-11-10_Webex | previous Discussion Summary from 2009.11.10]]   
:3. MEM public comment resolution
+
::- Did we review [[PCD_Cochairs_2009-10-27_Webex]]?
 +
:3. Users' Manual review by PCD PC prior to release for public comment
 
:4. HITSP Cross Reference Table (PDQ, RMON)
 
:4. HITSP Cross Reference Table (PDQ, RMON)
 
:5. AAMI Conference 2010
 
:5. AAMI Conference 2010
 +
::- Session
 +
::- Mini-Showcase
 
:6. Recruiting, Other
 
:6. Recruiting, Other
 
::- Continua members with regulated devices
 
::- Continua members with regulated devices
 
:7. Connectathon Update
 
:7. Connectathon Update
 +
::- Status of Tests
 
::- Continua PCD-01 testing at Connectathon (our responsibility?) and collaboration at Showcase
 
::- Continua PCD-01 testing at Connectathon (our responsibility?) and collaboration at Showcase
:::o Availability of Continua's requirements for certification to non-members
+
::- Availability of Continua's requirements for certification to non-members
 
:8. Showcase Update
 
:8. Showcase Update
::- Need draft of Scenario/Messages/Themes for the four walls
+
::- Need Scenario/Messages/Themes for the four walls
:::o Friday 9:30 EST meeting with J Donnelly, Lisa, Elli
+
:::o Met with Lisa, Elli, Mark, John D and cochairs Ken, John last week
::- Desire to emphasize Meaningful Use
+
:::o Straw "Snapshots" and Structure Concepts Discussed 11/16 Showcase Task Force
::- Recruiting AC and AA vendors
+
:::o Will Meet With Elli and possibly Lisa, Mark this week
::- Recruiting RTLS vendors
+
:::o Desire to Emphasize Meaningful Use - Todd Suggested the HITSP TN
:9.  
+
:::o Meeting With Tom Hubka, Chuck Palmer, John Donnelly Wed. 12 noon EST
 +
:::o Status of Recruiting AC and AA vendors
 +
:::o Recruiting RTLS vendors
 +
:9. Detailed Profile Proposals - Status
 +
::- Leadership and Membership for Each
 
:10. Funding Status update
 
:10. Funding Status update
 
::- Federal funding  
 
::- Federal funding  
 +
::- AAMI at HIMSS
 
::- Letter to ACCE
 
::- Letter to ACCE
 
::- Proposal from Jennifer
 
::- Proposal from Jennifer
Line 36: Line 45:
 
::- IP Management Process
 
::- IP Management Process
 
:13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
 
:13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
:14. New Directions
+
:14. F2F
::- ACM in other domains
+
::- Set date and city for Spring F2F - Other Domains Meet April 26-30
:15. F2F
+
::- Review Oct. F2F including Action Items
+
::- Set date and city for Spring F2F
+
 
:16. Additional Business
 
:16. Additional Business
 
:17. Action Items
 
:17. Action Items
Line 56: Line 62:
  
 
=== Participants ===
 
=== Participants ===
'''Placeholder'''
 
 
: Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,  
 
: Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,  
: Meeting Chaired by: Todd
+
: Meeting Chaired by: Cochairs
 
: Guest: Paul Schluter
 
: Guest: Paul Schluter
 
: Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
 
: Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Line 82: Line 87:
 
| '''Review Meeting Summaries''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Review Meeting Summaries''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
: '''Placeholder''' No changes were requested.
+
: The last two meeting summaries were not reviewed.
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
  
Line 106: Line 111:
 
:* 92: TF Revision -  
 
:* 92: TF Revision -  
 
:* 93: V&V & IHE -  
 
:* 93: V&V & IHE -  
 +
:* 94: Managing Public Comments -
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 116: Line 122:
 
| '''IHE International ''' <br>- All
 
| '''IHE International ''' <br>- All
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:*  
+
:* No update.
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
  
Line 124: Line 130:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 5
 
| align="center" | 5
| '''Fall F2F''' <br>- Manny
+
| '''Spring F2F''' <br>- Manny
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:*  
+
:* No update.
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 137: Line 143:
 
| '''Profile Update Detail''' <br>- Todd
 
| '''Profile Update Detail''' <br>- Todd
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:*  
+
:* No update.
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
  
Line 146: Line 152:
 
| '''Announcements''' <br>- All
 
| '''Announcements''' <br>- All
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:*  
+
:* Manny provided a summary of progress on the Connectathon and Showcase.
 +
:* Ken sent an email asking that leader be selected for the Patient Device Association. Todd suggested that each company (CareFusion, GE) select one person and the two act as cochairs.
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 156: Line 163:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 8
 
| align="center" | 8
| '''xyz''' <br>- <lead>
+
| '''Recruiting and Relations with Others''' <br>- Todd
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:* ...
+
:* Todd raised the following:
 +
::- How do we involve clinically oriented people? Steve suggested that PCD provide them with very specific requests for involvement such as development of profile proposals. Todd suggested scheduling specific meetings for this purpose.
 +
::- CE-IT has issued two documents for review. Steve noted that IHE isn’t included as an interoperability organization.
 +
::- Todd submitted the TN document and hopes it has enough detail for HITSP to distribute. If adopted there will be additional demands for PCD development effort.
 +
::- The FDA, Continua, CIMIT/MDPnP are cosponsoring a program in January. We need a marketing effort.
 +
::- AAMI Conference 2010
 +
::o HIMSS sponsored session
 +
::o Mini-showcase
 +
 
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
:*  
 
:*  
Line 167: Line 182:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 9
 
| align="center" | 9
| '''xyz''' <br>- <lead>
+
| '''Technical Announcements''' <br>- Paul
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:* ...
+
:* Paul raised the technical issue where some parameters such as “did you have a meal”, “did you exercise” is needed along with medical parameters such as glucometer values. He is considering a pointer concept so that these other parameters are not buried within the clinical measurement. His question is whether this would fit within HL7 v2 and will be discussing this with several standards and HL7 experts.
 +
:* Paul also noted that the personal area network team has issues with the time stamp.
 +
 
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
:*  
 
:*  
Line 180: Line 197:
 
| '''Next Meeting''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Next Meeting''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 +
:* November 24
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
  
Line 192: Line 210:
  
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Category:PCD Meeting]]
+
[[Category:PCD Meeting Archive]]

Latest revision as of 13:35, 17 May 2010

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discussion Summary from 2009.11.10
- Did we review PCD_Cochairs_2009-10-27_Webex?
3. Users' Manual review by PCD PC prior to release for public comment
4. HITSP Cross Reference Table (PDQ, RMON)
5. AAMI Conference 2010
- Session
- Mini-Showcase
6. Recruiting, Other
- Continua members with regulated devices
7. Connectathon Update
- Status of Tests
- Continua PCD-01 testing at Connectathon (our responsibility?) and collaboration at Showcase
- Availability of Continua's requirements for certification to non-members
8. Showcase Update
- Need Scenario/Messages/Themes for the four walls
o Met with Lisa, Elli, Mark, John D and cochairs Ken, John last week
o Straw "Snapshots" and Structure Concepts Discussed 11/16 Showcase Task Force
o Will Meet With Elli and possibly Lisa, Mark this week
o Desire to Emphasize Meaningful Use - Todd Suggested the HITSP TN
o Meeting With Tom Hubka, Chuck Palmer, John Donnelly Wed. 12 noon EST
o Status of Recruiting AC and AA vendors
o Recruiting RTLS vendors
9. Detailed Profile Proposals - Status
- Leadership and Membership for Each
10. Funding Status update
- Federal funding
- AAMI at HIMSS
- Letter to ACCE
- Proposal from Jennifer
- Other opportunities / updates
11. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
12. IHE International
- Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
13. IHE PCD - Asia, Europe
14. F2F
- Set date and city for Spring F2F - Other Domains Meet April 26-30
16. Additional Business
17. Action Items

Attachments / Materials

The previous meeting was on October 20, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-10-20 Webex

See PCD Cochair Action Items page.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: Cochairs
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
The last two meeting summaries were not reviewed.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
  • 61: Stakeholder survey -
  • 74: Clinician recruitment -
  • 77: HITSP RMON -
  • 78: Continua -
  • 82: CIMIT -
  • 83: Funding Possibilities -
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors -
  • 88: Cycle 4 -
  • 89: Stakeholder Survey -
  • 90: ASTM MOU -
  • 91: High-Level Architecture -
  • 92: TF Revision -
  • 93: V&V & IHE -
  • 94: Managing Public Comments -

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 IHE International
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • No update.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Spring F2F
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • No update.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Profile Update Detail
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • No update.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Manny provided a summary of progress on the Connectathon and Showcase.
  • Ken sent an email asking that leader be selected for the Patient Device Association. Todd suggested that each company (CareFusion, GE) select one person and the two act as cochairs.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 Recruiting and Relations with Others
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd raised the following:
- How do we involve clinically oriented people? Steve suggested that PCD provide them with very specific requests for involvement such as development of profile proposals. Todd suggested scheduling specific meetings for this purpose.
- CE-IT has issued two documents for review. Steve noted that IHE isn’t included as an interoperability organization.
- Todd submitted the TN document and hopes it has enough detail for HITSP to distribute. If adopted there will be additional demands for PCD development effort.
- The FDA, Continua, CIMIT/MDPnP are cosponsoring a program in January. We need a marketing effort.
- AAMI Conference 2010
o HIMSS sponsored session
o Mini-showcase

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

9 Technical Announcements
- Paul
Status/Discussion:
  • Paul raised the technical issue where some parameters such as “did you have a meal”, “did you exercise” is needed along with medical parameters such as glucometer values. He is considering a pointer concept so that these other parameters are not buried within the clinical measurement. His question is whether this would fit within HL7 v2 and will be discussing this with several standards and HL7 experts.
  • Paul also noted that the personal area network team has issues with the time stamp.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

n Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • November 24

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be November 24, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-11-24 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home