PCD Cochairs 2009-06-30 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 13:23, 17 May 2010 by Smaxwell (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discusson Summary from 2009.06.23
3. IHE Presentations
- IHE International Board
- 2009 Webinar (July 20 at 10 am CDT)
4. AAMI Conference Summary
- Recruiting - webinars?
5. Public Comment Publication Update:
- IDCO Profile
- Other work items
6. IHE PCD - Asia
- IHE-J PCD Support
- [| IHE Asia-Oceania 2010 Connectathon / Showcase]
7. "CP" Management Support Review
8. Funding Status update
- Letter to ACCE
- Proposal from Jennifer
- Other opportunities / updates
9. MEM-RTLS breakout
10. Continua-IHE PCD WAN SDE#2 Meeting Update
- IHE Support for HL7 v2 ER messages using WS*
11. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
12. Fall PCD F2F
13. IHE International
- IHE International: Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
- Draft Disclosure Process
- Draft Disclosure Form
14. Action Items
15. Additional Business
- Recruiting
- Connectivity Meeting Sept.

Attachments / Materials

updated with discussion of June 16 (the following is the same as 6/23 unitl updated

Discussion Summary of earlier meetings June 23, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-06-23 Webex

Action Items Brought Forward

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot September 29, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Change due date until the end of September, with the idea that portions would be ready for the F2F and others would depend upon the Showcase.


74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN

Carolyn McGregor spoke with Elliot and she is interested in participating. Her interest is largely in data warehousing, and this would be a contribution to PCD. See previous meeting for more information. Monroe and Todd presented at the Canadian EMB meeting.

77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN For earlier discussion summary see meeting of May 12. Todd plans to prepare materials to call attention to medical device communications within the revisions underway. Paul noted that PCC domain may look at sending graphical segments in RMON. Paul responded to PCC by sending information on his concept for sending short segments. The approach they are currently considering won’t work for PCD. Todd summarized yesterday’s meeting:

- Device connectivity for acute care devices had been postponed until mid-July. - Todd asked John Halamka and learned that it is not clear if device connectivity is part of “meaningful use”. - CCHIT’s contract runs out in mid-November, so PCD’s interest in certification is up in the air. - Todd reviewed several presentations from the meeting. o Among next steps include determining what, if any of the original 2009 work will remain a priority for ONC. o He recommended PCD provide a position paper showing how the PCD relates to the original 2009 priorities. o Tiger team reports – the architectural team has provided a detailed description. - Todd recommended a 10-15 page paper to describe the need for device connectivity to be part of the roadmap. o There is a real chance that device connectivity won’t be a priority. o Todd will talk with Elliot to learn if the position paper is worthwhile and noted that this is required by the end of the month. He believes this is now straight forward based upon recent HITSP’s work. - ONC’s contract for HITSP is up for bid and it may not be ANSI. June 16: Todd and Paul will provide a draft message for Joyce and Lisa to send to HITSP informing them of WAN progress with Continua. See summary of PCD/Continua update below. Todd will speak with Joyce about whether a letter to HITSP referring to RMON and ARRA "meaningful use" would be helpful. Steve noted that the meainingful use definition projects 2015 for personal health record becoming an element of the definition.


78 Continua John Paul April 15, 2009 OPEN See May 12 meeting for earlier discussions. There’s been no opportunity to resolve apparent differences by June for HITSP. Paul said there’s been no movement on RMON in Continua. IBM is promoting web services and ASN1. It’s not likely that Continua and PCD will arrive at a single protocol by June. The positive side is that both will use RTM. One question is whether they can support complex devices such as ventilators, infusion pumps. RMON F2F takes place the week after F2F at NIST. Paul asked if anyone can join him at the Continua F2F June 8 or 9. That will precede a June Continua ballot. Ken and John are unable to attend. Ken was on a call with Continua this morning. On the call Paul provided a half hour recommendation that Continua use PCD-01. Continua is planning to use a hub and they may be open to multiple alternatives. Continua WAN Meeting Update – Paul reported that his presentation was well received and that the Continua TC is giving serious consideration to PCD-01 among several alternatives. One question is frequently raised – can CDA v3 be used? While CDA requires a larger message, this question is raised in the context of web services. Paul suggested that a light weight transport or a separation between web services discovery and communication of the message may provide a compromise. June 16: Paul is working with Continua and Continua is seriously considering PCD-01 along with web services. Todd noted this collaboration can lead to other work within and benefitting IHE (closing gaps). A decision should come out of Continua's Vancouver meeting in July. As noted above (#77) an update will be sent to HITSP.


82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken April 15, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Ken wrote and discussed a draft MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT). MOU draft was sent to Julian Goldman. Paul indicated that an interface engine solution (e.g., Capsule) may meet the needs for bidirectional communication, or connection to the device may need to be more “intimate”. Nothing new re CIMIT or ASTM MOU. Open new item for ASTM MOU. Remove from the PC if it is there.


83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.05.26 OPEN
See May 12, 19 Action Item list for earlier notes, including previous discussions about AHRQ.
Ray will contact AAMI to explore their sponsorship of PCD. The Heart Rhythm Society’s (HRS’s) application to join IHE did not include funds to support IDCO.
Lisa and HIMSS are supportive of PCD finding additional sponsorship. Ray will attempt to set an appointment with Mary at AAMI during the AAMI meeting. The cochairs began discussing the business case that might be offered. Manny briefly summarized the current state of the HIMSS budget, noting that HIMSS is unable to provide the significant increase in funding PCD requires, in particular funding for a portion of Todd's time. Lisa will defend the budget this week. Touching base with AHRQ – end of May, early June. Change date to May 26. Ray will speak with Mary before she talks with Steve Lieber.


87 Recruit Vendors for Cycle 4 and HIMSS10 Manny, ACM and MEM leaders (John, Monroe, Steve) July 7, 2009 OPEN Manny to call a few vendors and then follow up with cochairs to set up webinars if appropriate. Masimo and Spacelabs have confirmed their commitments. Tom Schultz and Nick Steblay indicated that as many as four companies have expressed interest in receiving the IDCO messages. Manny spoke with a number of vendors in the AAMI exhibit hall and has coordinated recruiting with Steve for MEM and will do so with Monroe and John for ACM. He suggested PCD provide webinars to recruit, orient new participants.

88 Cycle 4 Status All June 2, 2009 OPEN Cycle 4: WCM anticipates a series of decisions with serious discussion. WCM is several months away. Implementation for a New Directions demonstration is feasible. Other Developments: ACM – Monroe is attempting to recruit vendors for the AM-AC links; DPI WP – Todd is proceeding to lead its development; MEM WP – Steve is making progress with this group. IDCO votes are overwhelmingly in favor of release. Manny will check on voting eligibility. ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/IDCO/IHE_PCD_TF_Supplement_IDCO_2009-06.doc. The Profile / White Paper list was updated and will be sent to Lisa. Other items on the list: WCM ready in the Fall, as part of next cycle; PIV mid-June, for this cycle; RTM next week sometime – it will be an update to the previously published version (last year) with lots of additional items in the tables; it is provided with Change Tracking; DPI August 1, White Paper; MEM mid-July, White Paper. IDCO is out for public comment.

- PIV – Todd is working to have PIV updates ready for TC ballot and then public comment release. There are a number of issues that need to be resolved. o IHE will be asked whether Enhanced ACK is required or only popular - an issue that needs to be resolved.

Steve indicated a need to separate RTLS from MEM in order to collaborate with vendors who are not interested in other aspects of MEM. This will become a new profile proposal arising from discussions with vendors.
89 Stakeholder Survey Ray, Manny June 2, 2009 OPEN Ray and Manny updated the survey questions and sent it for PCD review. Ken reminded the group that one response was received. Manny will discuss with Ray when he returns from vacation. Following the review Ray will submit to HIMSS Analytics. Close the old (#61)and open new item with date of early June to send to HIMSS. Manny to ask Ray to submit the survey to HIMSS.


90 ASTM MOU Ken June 2, 2009 OPEN



Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
Meeting Chaired by: Todd
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Accepted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Placeholder No notes were taken last week.

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy - No change.
  • 61: Stakeholder survey - Manny to check with Ray. Close this item, open new for 2009 survey.
  • 74: Clinician recruitment - No change.
  • 77: HITSP RMON - Meaningful Use: Todd sent response. He recommended that the timetable restore the date to 2011 rather than 2015, and included the rationale.
  • 78: Continua - Vancouver summit went well; PCD-01 and web services are out for ballot. If it passes, the next step will be Board of Directors.
  • 82: CIMIT - No change.
  • 83: Funding Possibilities - No change.
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors - Manny to seek an orientation / orientations for this cycle: one for newcomers, one for all (review existing work, profiles, dates). Establish one for Verizon.
  • 88: Cycle 4 - IDCO public comment: ends today. Manny to send link.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 IHE International
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Board report was sent last week.
  • IHE International: Incorporation should be submitted soon. Nothing new about IP management process.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Fall F2F
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Nothing new.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Profile Update Detail
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • IDCO public comment: ends today. Manny to send link.
  • Ruth sent CP suggestion to ITI. Todd suggested that PCD develop a process to assure coordination when PCD members submit a CP to another domain.
  • Rosetta meeting tomorrow. Manny to suggest Masimo send Paul desired parameters. Paul hoping to receive IEEE permission to include IEEE descriptions; otherwise will have to refer to the standards.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Tim Gee’s Medical Device Connectivity Meeting in September: PCD has not been invited to participate. Manny to send Ken an email asking if he plans to participate or attend the meeting. Paul suggested that PC have a representative present and that it would be helpful for Ken to present.
  • IHE PCD webinar July 20: each person will develop their section; a plan or draft is due July 7. John will address WCM.
  • AAMI conference: Manny to talk with Todd this week.
  • Manny to seek an orientation / orientations for this cycle: one for newcomers, one for all (review existing work, profiles, dates). Establish one for Verizon.
  • IHE-J: Showcase is Oct. 2010; Connectathon date has not been set.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be July 7, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-07-07 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home