PCD Cochairs 2009-06-16 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discusson Summary from 2009.06.09
- 3. IHE Presentations
- - IHE International Board
- - 2009 Webinar (July 20 at 10 am CDT)
- 4. AAMI Conference Summary
- - Recruiting - webinars?
- 5. Public Comment Publication Update:
- - IDCO Profile
- - Other work items
- 6. IHE PCD - Asia
- - IHE-J PCD Support
- - [| IHE Asia-Oceania 2010 Connectathon / Showcase]
- 7. "CP" Management Support Review
- 8. Funding Status update
- - Letter to ACCE
- - Proposal from Jennifer
- - Other opportunities / updates
- 9. MEM-RTLS breakout
- 10. Continua-IHE PCD WAN SDE#2 Meeting Update
- - IHE Support for HL7 v2 ER messages using WS*
- 11. HITSP ARRA/HITECH Status Update
- 12. Fall PCD F2F
- 13. IHE International
- 14. Action Items
- 15. Additional Business
Placeholder; copied from June 9 early preliminary; please add suggested topics
- 12: ICE-PAC Update: Next Steps
- 13: MoU Relationships:
- - Continua
- - ASTM MoU Status Update
- - CIMIT MoU Status Update
- - Infusion Pump WG Engagement
- - Process Summarization / Publication
- 16. Press Releases with Each Release
Attachments / Materials
updated with discussion of June 2; needs updating
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings June 9, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-06-09 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot September 29, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Change due date until the end of September, with the idea that portions would be ready for the F2F and others would depend upon the Showcase.
74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN
Carolyn McGregor spoke with Elliot and she is interested in participating. Her interest is largely in data warehousing, and this would be a contribution to PCD. See previous meeting for more information. Monroe and Todd presented at the Canadian EMB meeting.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN For earlier discussion summary see meeting of May 12. Todd plans to prepare materials to call attention to medical device communications within the revisions underway. Paul noted that PCC domain may look at sending graphical segments in RMON. Paul responded to PCC by sending information on his concept for sending short segments. The approach they are currently considering won’t work for PCD. Todd summarized yesterday’s meeting:
- Device connectivity for acute care devices had been postponed until mid-July. - Todd asked John Halamka and learned that it is not clear if device connectivity is part of “meaningful use”. - CCHIT’s contract runs out in mid-November, so PCD’s interest in certification is up in the air. - Todd reviewed several presentations from the meeting. o Among next steps include determining what, if any of the original 2009 work will remain a priority for ONC. o He recommended PCD provide a position paper showing how the PCD relates to the original 2009 priorities. o Tiger team reports – the architectural team has provided a detailed description. - Todd recommended a 10-15 page paper to describe the need for device connectivity to be part of the roadmap. o There is a real chance that device connectivity won’t be a priority. o Todd will talk with Elliot to learn if the position paper is worthwhile and noted that this is required by the end of the month. He believes this is now straight forward based upon recent HITSP’s work. - ONC’s contract for HITSP is up for bid and it may not be ANSI.
78 Continua John Paul April 15, 2009 OPEN See May 12 meeting for earlier discussions. There’s been no opportunity to resolve apparent differences by June for HITSP. Paul said there’s been no movement on RMON in Continua. IBM is promoting web services and ASN1. It’s not likely that Continua and PCD will arrive at a single protocol by June. The positive side is that both will use RTM. One question is whether they can support complex devices such as ventilators, infusion pumps. RMON F2F takes place the week after F2F at NIST. Paul asked if anyone can join him at the Continua F2F June 8 or 9. That will precede a June Continua ballot. Ken and John are unable to attend. Ken was on a call with Continua this morning. On the call Paul provided a half hour recommendation that Continua use PCD-01. Continua is planning to use a hub and they may be open to multiple alternatives.Continua WAN Meeting Update – Paul reported that his presentation was well received and that the Continua TC is giving serious consideration to PCD-01 among several alternatives. One question is frequently raised – can CDA v3 be used? While CDA requires a larger message, this question is raised in the context of web services. Paul suggested that a light weight transport or a separation between web services discovery and communication of the message may provide a compromise.
82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken April 15, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Ken wrote and discussed a draft MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT). MOU draft was sent to Julian Goldman. Paul indicated that an interface engine solution (e.g., Capsule) may meet the needs for bidirectional communication, or connection to the device may need to be more “intimate”. Nothing new re CIMIT or ASTM MOU. Open new item for ASTM MOU. Remove from the PC if it is there.
83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.04.21 OPEN
- See May 12, 19 Action Item list for earlier notes, including previous discussions about AHRQ.
- Ray will contact AAMI to explore their sponsorship of PCD. The Heart Rhythm Society’s (HRS’s) application to join IHE did not include funds to support IDCO.
- Lisa and HIMSS are supportive of PCD finding additional sponsorship. Ray will attempt to set an appointment with Mary at AAMI during the AAMI meeting. The cochairs began discussing the business case that might be offered.Manny briefly summarized the current state of the HIMSS budget, noting that HIMSS is unable to provide the significant increase in funding PCD requires, in particular funding for a portion of Todd's time. Lisa will defend the budget this week. Touching base with AHRQ – end of May, early June. Change date to May 26.
87 Recruit Vendors for Cycle 4 and HIMSS10 Manny, ACM and MEM leaders (John, Monroe, Steve) July 7, 2009 OPEN Manny to call a few vendors and then follow up with cochairs to set up webinars if appropriate. 88 Cycle 4 Status All June 2, 2009 OPEN Cycle 4: WCM anticipates a series of decisions with serious discussion. WCM is several months away. Implementation for a New Directions demonstration is feasible. Other Developments: ACM – Monroe is attempting to recruit vendors for the AM-AC links; DPI WP – Todd is proceeding to lead its development; MEM WP – Steve is making progress with this group. IDCO votes are overwhelmingly in favor of release. Manny will check on voting eligibility. ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/IDCO/IHE_PCD_TF_Supplement_IDCO_2009-06.doc. The Profile / White Paper list was updated and will be sent to Lisa. Other items on the list: WCM ready in the Fall, as part of next cycle; PIV mid-June, for this cycle; RTM next week sometime – it will be an update to the previously published version (last year) with lots of additional items in the tables; it is provided with Change Tracking; DPI August 1, White Paper; MEM mid-July, White Paper. - IDCO is out for public comment.
- PIV – Todd is working to have PIV updates ready for TC ballot and then public comment release. There are a number of issues that need to be resolved. o IHE will be asked whether Enhanced ACK is required or only popular - an issue that needs to be resolved.
89 Stakeholder Survey Ray, Manny June 2, 2009 OPEN Ray and Manny updated the survey questions and sent it for PCD review. Ken reminded the group that one response was received. Manny will discuss with Ray when he returns from vacation. Following the review Ray will submit to HIMSS Analytics. Close the old (#61)and open new item with date of early June to send to HIMSS.
90 ASTM MOU Ken June 2, 2009 OPEN
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Meeting Chaired by:
- Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Placeholder No comments were received about meeting summary.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 83: Recruiting Vendors -
- 87: Cycle 4 -
4 IHE International
5 Fall F2F
6 Profile Update Detail
n Next Meeting
The next meeting will be June 23, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-06-23 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">