PCD Cochairs 2009-05-26 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Review & Approve Agenda
- 2. Review previous Discusson Summary from 2009.05.19
- 3. Update from Pump F2F in San Diego 2009.05.19-20
- 4. Proposal: Device Specialization Specific PCD WGs
- 5. "CP" Management Support Review
- 6. Funding Status update
- 7. Fall PCD F2F Discussion
- - B.Braun Proposal
- - Schedule (incl. Pump F2F & Showcase Participants)
- 8. MoU Relationships:
- - Continua & WAN meetings
- - CIMIT & ASTM MoU Status Update
- 9. Additional Business
Previous / suggested topics
- Review & Approve Agenda
- Review Discussion Summary last meeting May 12, 2009
- Review Manny's email
- IDCO Ballot to Release for Public Comment Status (Closes June 1)
- Baystate Purchasing Dox
- HITSP Update
- ARRA - 90 day refocusing & CmDC
- SDE#2, Continua & RMON Deadline
- 2009/2010 Budget
- HIMSS Fiscal Year & Budget
- Revenue Generation - Recruiting, Webinars, Sponsors
- ARRA-related activities
- IHE International
- Cycle 4 Development Update
- PIV & Proposed San Diego F2F Meeting
- TF Revision Update
- RTM Update
- ACM: Gap Strategy + Additional Domains
- DPI WP
- MEM WP
- Identify profiles, dates, sizes
- Press Releases with Each Release
- Domain Coordination Committee Update
- Organizational Relationships
- Action Items
Attachments / Materials
updated with discussion of May 19
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings May 12, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-05-12 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot September 29, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Change due date until the end of September, with the idea that portions would be ready for the F2F and others would depend upon the Showcase.
74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN
- Carolyn McGregor spoke with Elliot and she is interested in participating. Her interest is largely in data warehousing, and this would be a contribution to PCD. PCD needs to follow up. Ken will follow up with Elliot. Steve will talk about PCD at the Canadian meeting in May. Todd will also be talking at the meeting. Todd asked the organizers for additional time for informal discussion about PCD, etc. Paul will speak to the Chicago Area Biomeds.
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
- (Cooper, Jan. 27) HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN For earlier discussion summary see meeting of May 12. Todd plans to prepare materials to call attention to medical device communications within the revisions underway. Paul noted that PCC domain may look at sending graphical segments in RMON. Paul responded to PCC by sending information on his concept for sending short segments. The approach they are currently considering won’t work for PCD. 78 Continua John Paul April 15, 2009 OPEN See May 12 meeting for earlier discussions. There’s been no opportunity to resolve apparent differences by June for HITSP. Paul said there’s been no movement on RMON in Continua. IBM is promoting web services and ASN1. It’s not likely that Continua and PCD will arrive at a single protocol by June. The positive side is that both will use RTM. One question is whether they can support complex devices such as ventilators, infusion pumps. RMON F2F takes place the week after F2F at NIST. Paul asked if anyone can join him at the Continua F2F June 8 or 9. That will precede a June Continua ballot. Ken and John are unable to attend. 82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken April 15, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Ken wrote and discussed a draft MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT). MOU draft was sent to Julian Goldman. Paul indicated that an interface engine solution (e.g., Capsule) may meet the needs for bidirectional communication, or connection to the device may need to be more “intimate”. Nothing new re CIMIT or ASTM MOU. Deferred
83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.04.21 OPEN
- See May 12 summary for earlier notes. Previous discussions including AHRQ.
- Ray will contact AAMI to explore their sponsorship of PCD. Todd asked the IHE Board meeting if the Heart Rhythm Society’s (HRS’s) application to join IHE includes any funds to support IDCO. It didn't. Lisa asked Manny and Ray to provide budget support documentation for her request for additional funding. Ray will update the draft, Manny will review and submit it to Lisa.
- Lisa and HIMSS are supportive of PCD finding additional sponsorship. Ray will attempt to set an appointment with Mary at AAMI during the AAMI meeting. The cochairs began discussing the business case that might be offered.
87 Recruit Vendors for Cycle 4 and HIMSS10 Manny, ACM and MEM leaders (John, Monroe, Steve) July 7, 2009 OPEN 88 Cycle 4 Status All June 2, 2009 OPEN Cycle 4: WCM anticipates a series of decisions with serious discussion. WCM is several months away. Implementation for a New Directions demonstration is feasible. Other Developments: ACM – Monroe is attempting to recruit vendors for the AM-AC links; DPI WP – Todd is proceeding to lead its development; MEM WP – Steve is making progress with this group.
89 Stakeholder Survey Ray, Manny June 2, 2009 OPEN Ray and Manny updated the survey questions and sent it for PCD review. Ken reminded the group that one response was received. Manny will discuss with Ray when he returns from vacation. Following the review Ray will submit to HIMSS Analytics. Close the old (#61)and open new item with date of early June to send to HIMSS.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads,
- Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Placeholder May 12 meeting summary was accepted.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
- 61: Stakeholder survey -
- 74: Clinician recruitment -
- 77: HITSP RMON -
- 78: Continua -
- 82: CIMIT -
- 83: Funding Possibilities -
- 85: F2F May 4-8 -
- 86: HIMSS09 Web Page -
4 IHE International
5 Connectathon and Showcase
6 Profile Update
n Next Meeting
The next meeting will be June 2, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-06-02 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">