Difference between revisions of "PCD Cochairs 2009-03-03 Webex"
m (→Discussion: update)
m (→Next Meeting: move to archive)
|Line 271:||Line 271:|
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Category:PCD Meeting ]]
Latest revision as of 12:40, 28 April 2009
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please add your suggestions
- Review Discussion Summary last meeting Feb. 17, 2009
- Action Items [Note: Where to put this item in the agenda?]
- Connectathon / Showcase Status Review
- Connectathon results (incl. participant feedback)
- Updated Showcase Participants, Profiles,
- Showcase Logistics & Planning, etc.
- - Handouts, business cards
- - Graphics, signage
- Showcase PCD Presentation?
- HIMSS session at AAMI - Participation
- HITSP Update
- CMDC Use Case Work Plan
- RMON SDE#2 Resolution
- 2009/2010 Budget
- Grants Update - Discussion with AHRQ, others
- "ARRA" & Device HIT Opportunities
- Funding Work Plan
- IHE International
- IHE International: Incorporation Status
- IP Management Process
- Domain Coordination Committee Update
- PCD PC & TC Roster Pages (& meeting participation)
- Organizational Relationships
- IHE-IEEE MoU - Finalized?
- IHE-CIMIT MoU - In process?
- Spring F2F Planning
- Technical Framework / Supplement Update
- Updated TF Docuuments
- Connectathon Testing: Too tight / loose - Adherence to the spec's
- Cycle 4 Supplement Development
- Next joint PC/TC Weekly Meeting - Proposed Agenda
- Next meeting - Proposed Agenda
Attachments / Materials
placeholder updated with discussion of Feb. 3; there was no meeting on Feb. 10; this will be updated with information from Feb. 17 meeting
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings Feb. 17, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-02-17 Webex
- The meeing of Feb. 10 was cancelled due to conflicting commitments.
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot April 14, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs February 10, 2009 OPEN Passed nearly unanimously, with 13 in favor, one abstention. While the roster is not available for validation the document has passed. See #63 also. 61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray 2009.02.10 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T. 70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot 2009.02.17 OPEN The IEEE/IHE MOU is close to completion. It will permit appropriate use of IEEE materials. 74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
- Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
- (Cooper, Jan. 27) HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress. Bridget made a presentation last Friday. As a consultant for Continua she didn’t get deeply into the substance as of Friday. Rick gave her a lot of fee rein. She appears to place emphasis on deliverable products. There’s an internal effort by the Wide Area Network Group to determine technical requirements. 82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken February 3, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Develop an MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray spoke with Julian who postponed the discussion. Ray will follow up. There’s an ICE meeting next week. There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT). 83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.02.03 OPEN Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). DPI, RTM are the highest priorities and most appropriate for foundation funding. Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008, PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex for more information. Grants Advantage responded to the discussion, saying there may be federal funds in AHRQ’s Comparative Effectiveness Research Program and that $3-5K would be required to write the proposal. If Didi doesn’t have funds, perhaps ACCE would support this. Ray will make the request. Ken will contact Edna at HIMSS Advantage and Jon White and Michael Fitzmaurice at AHRQ, for more information and will ask Edna about private foundation funds. Manny to send Edna’s email to Ray, Elliot re ACCE funds. Ray received a response from the ACCE Foundation indicating they would be interested in supporting the grant writing, but Ray is hoping that ACCE would itself fund the grant writing. Ray will approach several board members to ask that this be on the board agenda. Ken sent Jon White at AHRQ an email to learn of his interest; this is in follow up to a suggestion from Edna Boone at HIMSS. Todd suggested we consider a prototype project for the application of PCD profiles. Todd and Elliot will be in DC at a HITSP TC and that may present opportunities to talk with people and scope out opportunities.
- John Halamka requested input for an article he is writing about optimal allocation of stimulus funding. Elliot will be, and the cochairs were, invited to contribute ideas. The cochairs need to provide Elliot with some suggestions that show this would be an economic stimulus and an investment in future jobs and healthcare benefits in the future.
84 AAMI meeting - session and booth Cochairs Todd, Ray, Manny February 10, 2009 OPEN Todd has confirmed speakers. Ray learned from Didi that HIMSS will have a booth at AAMI focused on HIMSS. PCD will not have a booth. 85 F2F at NIST the week of May 4 Cochairs OPEN Manny will contact John Garguilo to obtain security and other information and then issue a notice. 86 HIMSS09 Web Page Cochairs February 10, 2009 OPEN NEW HIMSS09 web page update has made two PCD related links quite visible. These are out of date. Cochairs will review and see if there are other links that might be substituted or if those pages need to be updated. Add to next meeting’s agenda.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No comments were received about meeting summary.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy - No change
- 57: PCD governance document - Closed
- 61: Stakeholder survey - No change
- 70: IEEE MOU - Will be sent to IEEE to sign; no issues anticipated.
- 74: Clinician recruitment - No change
- 77: HITSP RMON - Continua will demonstrate one possible web services possibility in the upcoming Continua Barcelona meeting.
- 82: CIMIT - Ken drafted an MOU and discussed its contents.
- 83: Funding Possibilities - AHRQ discussion last week. Steve noted that their website has some HIT grants with varying funding levels for demonstration projects. The dollar value appears related to the duration of the project. He noted that there’s a website Grants.gov with all grants. Todd will reach out to Wayne Morse for funding of a grant proposal. Todd noted the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) funds won’t be distributed for a little while and that there is a HIMSS ARRA webinar series.
- 84: AAMI meeting - A revised session name may be offered.
- 85: F2F May 4-8 - Manny to send a reminder; only a few have indicated they will attend; John Garguilo will research hotels
- 86: HIMSS09 Web Page -
- IHE International:
- - Issues are surfacing about the incorporation that require effort and time. One item is funding. They still aim for the end of June.
- - IP management process: Chris Carr will address the current issue and is seeking information from other organizations about how they handle this. He will also contact the company that apparently created the issue.
- - Domain Coordination Committee: business model, staffing and funding will be addressed to increase its usefulness. One issue is enforcing processes such as public comment requirements.
- Todd is on p 32 of Feb. 24 X 7
5 Connectathon and Showcase
- - Some companies complained that messages were too tight or too loose.
- - Monitor evaluation procedures varied; we need to be more consistent.
- - Several issues arose that may produce change proposals.
- - New Directions: We need to define this wall and provide signage to Elli Riley by COB Thursday. Todd suggested using space on the door as well. Manny will obtain dimensions of the door, including size and location of the window.
- - PCD Theater Presentation: Manny to ask Lisa how much time is available for the PCD
- - The GE EMR will likely be in the Showcase even though it didn't complete testing. Harry Solomon and John Donnelly have agreed to Internet testing in advance.
- - Bikram suggested three Docents per tour - this triples the number required.
The next meeting will be March 10, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-03-10 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">