Difference between revisions of "PCD Cochairs 2009-02-10 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Proposed Agenda: update prior meeting links, references)
m (Next Meeting is Feb. 17: move to archive)
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:
 
Duration: 60 Minutes  
 
Duration: 60 Minutes  
  
== Proposed Agenda ==  
+
===Meeting was cancelled due to conflicting commitments===
'''Please add your suggestions'''  '''placeholder from Feb. 3'''
+
  
: Review Discussion Summary last meeting Feb. 3, 2009,  [[PCD Cochairs 2009-02-03 Webex]]
 
: Planning for 2009-2010 budget
 
::- Grants - Status update from discussions with HIMSS
 
::- Other opportunities
 
: Cycle 4 Proposals Update [[PCD Proposals 2009-2010]]
 
: Spring F2F Planning
 
: HITSP Engagement Update
 
::- RMON Resolution
 
::- CDC Use Case Assessment
 
: Review PCD Governance Wiki
 
::- votes, time from announcement until vote closes, implementation date
 
::- comments received from Didi (see below)
 
: PCD PC & TC Roster Pages
 
  
: IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
+
=== Next Meeting is Feb. 17===
::- IHE Australia update
+
::- IEEE MoU
+
::- IHE International:  Incorporation Status
+
::- How best address incompatibility of interoperable systems that may affect patient care
+
: Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
+
::- Showcase management: Didi's comments (see below)
+
::- Identifying real systems
+
::- Issues Bikram raised (non-IHE systems, multiple vents, Cerner coordination)- how best to respond, guide developments
+
: HIMSS session at AAMI - Ray, Todd, Manny and anyone else who would like to participate
+
 
+
: Action Items
+
: IHE Marketing
+
: PCD Wikis
+
: Next meeting - Proposed Agenda
+
: Other
+
 
+
== Attachments / Materials ==
+
 
+
'''placeholder from Feb. 3'''
+
 
+
: ''Discussion Summary of earlier meetings'' Feb. 3, 2009,  [[PCD Cochairs 2009-02-03 Webex]]
+
 
+
'' Action Items Brought Forward ''
+
 
+
:{|border="2"
+
|-
+
! width="5%"  align="center" |Number
+
! width="20%"  align="left"  |Action
+
! width="7%"  align="left"  |Owner
+
! width="7%"  align="left"  |Participants
+
! width="7%"  align="left"  |Due Date
+
! width="5%"  align="left"  |Status
+
!              align="left"  |Comments
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 55
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Showcase vendor display policy
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Steve Merritt
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Ray, Elliot
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | April 14, 2009
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Also see #57.
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 57
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Develop PCD governance document.
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Ken
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Cochairs
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | February 10, 2009
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | '''Passed nearly unanimously, with 13 in favor, one abstention. While the roster is not available for validation the document has passed.''' See #63 also.
+
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 61
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Ray
+
| '''<Participants>''' |
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | 2009.02.10
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T.
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 70
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | IEEE MOU
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Todd
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Elliot
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | 2009.02.17
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | The IEEE/IHE MOU is close to completion. It will permit appropriate use of IEEE materials.
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 74
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Clinical Recruitment
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Steve
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Cochairs and PC
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | Open
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | 
+
:* (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
+
:* (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
+
:* (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers. 
+
:* (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
+
:* (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
+
:* Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
+
:* (Cooper, Jan. 27) HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 77
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP.
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Todd
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Paul
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | June 16, 2009
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress. '''Bridget made a presentation last Friday. As a consultant for Continua she didn’t get deeply into the substance as of Friday. Rick gave her a lot of fee rein. She appears to place emphasis on deliverable products. There’s an internal effort by the Wide Area Network Group to determine technical requirements.'''
+
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 82
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Ray
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Ken
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | February 3, 2009
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Develop an MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray spoke with Julian who postponed the discussion. Ray will follow up. '''There’s an ICE meeting next week. There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT).'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 83
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | Funding Possibilities
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Cochairs
+
| '''<Participants>''' |
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | 2009.02.03
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). DPI, RTM are the highest priorities and most appropriate for foundation funding. Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008,  [[PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex]] for more information. Grants Advantage responded to the discussion, saying there may be federal funds in AHRQ’s Comparative Effectiveness Research Program and that $3-5K would be required to write the proposal. If Didi doesn’t have funds, perhaps ACCE would support this. Ray will make the request. Ken will contact Edna at HIMSS Advantage and Jon White and Michael Fitzmaurice at AHRQ, for more information and will ask Edna about private foundation funds. Manny to send Edna’s email to Ray, Elliot re ACCE funds. '''Ray received a response from the ACCE Foundation indicating they would be interested in supporting the grant writing, but Ray is hoping that ACCE would itself fund the grant writing. Ray will approach several board members to ask that this be on the board agenda. Ken sent Jon White at AHRQ an email to learn of his interest; this is in follow up to a suggestion from Edna Boone at HIMSS. Todd suggested we consider a prototype project for the application of PCD profiles. Todd and Elliot will be in DC at a HITSP TC and that may present opportunities to talk with people and scope out opportunities.'''
+
: '''John Halamka requested input for an article he is writing about optimal allocation of stimulus funding. Elliot will be, and the cochairs were, invited to contribute ideas. The cochairs need to provide Elliot with some suggestions that show this would be an economic stimulus and an investment in future jobs and healthcare benefits in the future.'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 84
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | AAMI meeting - session and booth
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Cochairs
+
| '''<Participants>''' | Todd, Ray, Manny
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | February 10, 2009
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | '''Todd has confirmed speakers. Ray learned from Didi that HIMSS will have a booth at AAMI focused on HIMSS. PCD will not have a booth.'''
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 85
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | F2F at NIST the week of May 4
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Cochairs
+
| '''<Participants>''' |
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  |
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | '''Manny will contact John Garguilo to obtain security and other information and then issue a notice.'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 86
+
| '''<Action Item>''' | HIMSS09 Web Page
+
| '''<Owner>:'''  | Cochairs
+
| '''<Participants>''' |
+
| '''<Due Date>'''  | February 10, 2009
+
| '''<Status>''' | OPEN
+
| '''<Comments>:'''  | NEW '''HIMSS09 web page update has made two PCD related links quite visible. These are out of date. Cochairs will review and see if there are other links that might be substituted or if those pages need to be updated. Add to next meeting’s agenda.'''
+
 
+
 
+
|}
+
 
+
== Meeting Summary ==
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
=== Participants ===
+
 
+
'''placeholder'''
+
 
+
: Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs,Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
+
: Sponsor: Ray Zambuto
+
: Guest: 
+
: Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
+
 
+
=== Discussion ===
+
 
+
:{|border="2"
+
|-
+
! width="5%"  align="center" |Item
+
! width="25%"  align="left"  |Topic
+
!              align="left"  |Discussion
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 1
+
| '''Introductions & Agenda Review''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
:
+
 
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 2
+
| '''Review Meeting Summaries''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
: '''Placeholder'''No comments were received about meeting summary.
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 3
+
| '''Action Items Review''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
 
+
:* 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy -
+
:* 57: PCD governance document -
+
:* 61: Stakeholder survey -
+
:* 70: IEEE MOU -
+
:* 74: Clinician recruitment -
+
:* 77: HITSP RMON -
+
:* 78: Continua -
+
:* 82: CIMIT -
+
:* 83: Funding Possibilities -
+
:* 84: AAMI meeting -
+
:* 85: F2F May 4-8 -
+
:* 86: HIMSS09 Web Page -
+
 
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:*
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
:*
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 4
+
| '''Funding Possibilities''' <br>- All
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
 
+
 
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:*
+
 
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
:*
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 5
+
| '''Connectathon and Showcase''' <br>- Manny
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
:*
+
 
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
 
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 6
+
| '''Profile Update''' <br>- Todd
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
 
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
 
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 7
+
| '''xyz''' <br>- <lead>
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
:* ...
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:*
+
 
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
:*
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 8
+
| '''xyz''' <br>- <lead>
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
:* ...
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:*
+
 
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
:*
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | 9
+
| '''xyz''' <br>- <lead>
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
:* ...
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
:*
+
 
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
:*
+
 
+
|-
+
| align="center" | n
+
| '''Next Meeting''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
+
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
+
 
+
'''Action(s):'''
+
|}
+
 
+
=== Next Meeting ===
+
 
''The next meeting will be February 17, 2009 [[PCD Cochairs 2009-02-17 Webex]]
 
''The next meeting will be February 17, 2009 [[PCD Cochairs 2009-02-17 Webex]]
  
Line 308: Line 17:
  
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Category:PCD Meeting]]
+
[[Category:PCD Meeting Archive]]

Latest revision as of 11:39, 28 April 2009

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Meeting was cancelled due to conflicting commitments

Next Meeting is Feb. 17

The next meeting will be February 17, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-02-17 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home