PCD Cochairs 2009-02-03 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 11:38, 28 April 2009 by Efurst (Talk | contribs) (Next Meeting: move to archive)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Review Discussion Summary last meeting Jan. 27, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-01-27 Webex
IHE Staff Transitions
2009.02.04 Meeting & Proposal Ballot Process
Review PCD Governance Wiki
- votes
Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
- New Directions Concept
- Use of EUI-64: All PCD medical device actors?
- SIS Status
- Cerner & Capsule Device Status
Links to ACCE and PCD on revised HIMSS09 site - pages should be updated [www.interoperabilityshowcase.org]
Spring F2F Planning
Planning for 2009-2010 budget
- Grants - Status update from discussions with HIMSS
- Halamka Article Input Request
- Other opportunities
HITSP Engagement Update
- RMON Resolution
- CDC Use Case Assessment
PCD PC & TC Roster Pages + Ballot Completion Status
Action Items
IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
HIMSS session at AAMI - Ray, Todd, Manny and anyone else who would like to participate
Next meeting - Proposed Agenda
Other

Attachments / Materials

Discussion Summary of earlier meetings Jan. 27, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-01-27 Webex

Action Items Brought Forward

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot April 14, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Also see #57.
57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs February 10, 2009 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63 also. Ken developed a draft and Didi and Lisa will be asked again to review it. It will then go to a PC and TC vote. See #63 also.
61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray 2009.02.10 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T.
70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot 2009.02.17 OPEN The IEEE/IHE MOU is close to completion. It will permit appropriate use of IEEE materials.
74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN
  • (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
  • (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
  • (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
  • (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
  • (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
  • Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
  • (Cooper, Jan. 27) HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress.
78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Todd Paul January 27, 2009 OPEN Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. Coordinate with Didi.
82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken February 3, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Develop an MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray spoke with Julian who postponed the discussion. Ray will follow up.
83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.02.03 OPEN Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). DPI, RTM are the highest priorities and most appropriate for foundation funding. Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008, PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex for more information. Grants Advantage responded to the discussion, saying there may be federal funds in AHRQ’s Comparative Effectiveness Research Program and that $3-5K would be required to write the proposal. If Didi doesn’t have funds, perhaps ACCE would support this. Ray will make the request. Ken will contact Edna at HIMSS Advantage and Jon White and Michael Fitzmaurice at AHRQ, for more information and will ask Edna about private foundation funds. Manny to send Edna’s email to Ray, Elliot re ACCE funds.
84 AAMI meeting - session and booth Cochairs Todd, Ray, Manny February 10, 2009 OPEN Todd will confirm speakers. Ray will ask Didi if PCD will have a booth.
85 F2F at NIST the week of May 4 Cochairs OPEN


Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads
Sponsor: Ray Zambuto
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
No comments were received about the previous meeting's summary.

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy - No change.
  • 57: PCD governance document - Passed overwhelmingly.
  • 61: Stakeholder survey - No change.
  • 70: IEEE MOU - No change.
  • 74: Clinician recruitment - No change.
  • 77: HITSP RMON - Bridget made a presentation last Friday. As a consultant for Continua she didn’t get deeply into the substance. Rick gave her a lot of fee rein. She appears to place emphasis on deliverable products. There’s an internal effort by the Wide Area Network Group to determine the technical requirements.
  • 78: Continua - Revise format, close.
  • 82: CIMIT - Ray will follow up with Julian. There’s an ICE meeting next week. There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT).
  • 83: Funding Possibilities - Ray received a response from the ACCE Foundation indicating they would be interested in supporting the grant writing, but Ray is hoping that ACCE would itself fund the grant writing. Ray will approach several board members to ask that this be on the board agenda. Ken sent Jon White at AHRQ an email to learn of his interest; this is in follow up to a suggestion from Edna Boone at HIMSS. Todd suggested we consider a prototype project for the application of PCD profiles. Todd and Elliot will be in DC at a HITSP TC and that may present opportunities to talk with people and scope out opportunities. Change date to 2/10.
  • 84: AAMI meeting - HIMSS will have a HIMSS booth, not an IHE booth this year; no effort required from PCD. Speakers have been confirmed.
  • 85: F2F May 4-8 - NIST location for F2F. Manny to check with John Garguilo re registration requirements for meeting.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Didi has resigned. The implications are unknown, but her resignation may affect the HIMSS allocation to PCD. The budget process this year will be complicated by the shorter time frame between the Showcase and adoption of the HIMSS budget. Ray will ask Joyce for advice on how to proceed.
  • HIMSS09 web page update has made two PCD related links quite visible. These are out of date. Cochairs will review and see if there are other links that might be substituted or if those pages need to be updated. Add to next meeting’s agenda.
  • ACC update – Todd asked if new information was available. No one knew anything, but they want to move on ICDO in this next cycle.
  • Coordinate at IHE cochair level for RFID and bar coding. ITI and Lab are interested. IHE Cochairs suggested distributing a proposal to learn who is interested in participating.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Connectathon and Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Showcase participants prefer one tour of all walls. That places tighter restrictions on time for each "showing" (each system or device) and how it supports IHE and the clinical story. Three volunteers have come forward to develop the high level scenario, and participants have been reminded to provide essential information about the role of their systems. We still have time, although it may not flow quickly enough for a dry run in advance of the Connectathon and a meaningful rehearsal at the Connectathon.
  • Capsule may bring BIS monitor.
  • New Directions wall: Todd suggested that these presentations be tied together with a PCD story that shows where this is headed and how PCD is moving interoperability forward.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be February 10, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-02-10 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home