PCD Cochairs 2009-01-27 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Review Discussion Summary last meeting Jan. 20, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-01-20 Webex
- Planning for 2009-2010 budget
- - Grants - Status update from discussions with HIMSS
- - Other opportunities
- PCD PC & TC Roster Pages + Ballot Completion Status
- Cycle 4 Proposals Update PCD Proposals 2009-2010
- - ACM Process - is Detailed Profile Prosal needed?
- - Completing Detailed Profile Proposals (incl. new template sections)
- - Status Update & Schedule for Ballot
- Spring F2F Planning
- HITSP Engagement Update
- - RMON Resolution
- - CDC Use Case Assessment
- Review PCD Governance Wiki
- - votes
- Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
- - Use of EUI-64: All PCD medical device actors?
- - SIS Status
- - Cerner & Capsule Device Status
- Action Items
- IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- HIMSS session at AAMI - Ray, Todd, Manny and anyone else who would like to participate
- IHE Marketing
- Next meeting - Proposed Agenda
Attachments / Materials
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings Jan. 20, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-01-20 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot January 27, 2009 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Waiting for Chris Carr, Didi to provide direction on bi-directional distributed demo. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Steve will draft something addressing this and the related action items. Todd will resend his draft.Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs January 27, 2009 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63 also. Ken developed a draft and Didi and Lisa will be asked again to review it. It will then go to a PC and TC vote. 61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray January 27, 2009 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T. 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Ray Cochairs January 27, 2009 OPEN Didi addressed some of the questions at the F2F. Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57. 70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot January 27, 2009 OPEN The IEEE/IHE MOU is close to completion. It will permit appropriate use of IEEE materials. 74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC January 27, 2009 OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
- Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul January 27, 2009 OPEN Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress. 78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Todd Paul January 27, 2009 OPEN Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. Coordinate with Didi. 82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken January 27, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Develop an MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU. 83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs January 27, 2009 OPEN Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). DPI, RTM are the highest priorities and most appropriate for foundation funding. Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008, PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex for more information.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs,Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Sponsor: Ray Zambuto
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No comments were received about meeting summary.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Change date to April 14, following the Showcase.
- 57: Ballots due Feb. 6, update to Feb. 10.
- 61: Change to Feb. 10.
- 63: Close
- 70: Change to Feb. 17.
- 74: Change to open, HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
- 77: Change to June 16.
- 78: RMON meeting Friday. Paul will attend. He is participating in their weekly meeting. Bridget is the independent reviewer and has reservations about IHE. Continua announced its first certified product. Certification may give Continua an advantage. However, they don’t have the WAN interface.
- 82: Ray spoke with Julian who postponed the discussion. Ray will follow up.
- 83: Funding Possibilities - Grants Advantage responded to the discussion, saying there may be federal funds in AHRQ’s Comparative Effectiveness Research Program and that $3-5K would be required to write the proposal. If Didi doesn’t have funds, perhaps ACCE would support this. Ray will make the request. Ken will contact Edna at HIMSS Advantage and Jon White and Michael Fitzmaurice at AHRQ, for more information and will ask Edna about private foundation funds. Manny to send Edna’s email to Ray, Elliot re ACCE funds.
- 84: NEW. AAMI meeting - session and booth. Todd to contact speakers, Ray to contact Didi to learn if IHE will have a booth at AAMI for PCD.
- 85: NEW. F2F at NIST the week of May 4. Manny will contact John Garguilo to obtain security and other information and then issue a notice.
- As above for 82, 83, 84, 85.
4 Profile Update
- No progress on the Waveform profile or the QBD.
5 Connectathon and Showcase
- Cerner/Capsule: Capsule will not have an additional device. Cerner may have a VSM as a prop. SIS wanting to describe their specific features; Manny will meet with them Thursday.
- Several of the Pre-Connectathon tests show that the commpanies do not use EUI-64 as the device identifier for the target systems (e.g., the IOP sending data to the IOC).
- Add EUI-64 to WG agenda
- CDC work is proceeding. Todd expressed concern about the rate of development of the remote portion.
7 Next Meeting
- Feb. 3
The next meeting will be February 3, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-02-03 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">