PCD Cochairs 2009-01-20 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Review Discussion Summary last meeting Jan. 13, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-01-13 Webex and January 6 PCD Cochairs 2009-01-06 Webex
- Planning for 2009-2010 budget
- -Grants - meeting on Jan. 22
- Review PCD Governance Wiki
- - votes, time from announcement until vote closes, implementation date
- - comments received from Didi (see below)
- PCD PC & TC Roster Pages
- Review Google Groups wiki list
- IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- - IHE Australia update
- - IEEE MoU
- - IHE International: Incorporation Status
- - How best address incompatibility of interoperable systems that may affect patient care
- Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
- - Showcase management: Didi's comments (see below)
- - Identifying real systems
- - Issues raised this year (non-IHE systems, multiple vents, Cerner/Capsule coordination)- how to guide the future
- - Need to be creative next year - existing structure (Scenario, display, physical structure) is inadequate
- HIMSS session at AAMI - Ray, Todd, Manny and anyone else who would like to participate
- Cycle 4 Proposals Update PCD Proposals 2009-2010
- Action Items
- IHE Marketing (WSJ Continua article)
- PCD Wikis
- Next meeting Jan. 27
Didi's Comments on PCD Governance Document
- Didi’s thoughts on the PCD Governance Draft (latest version is at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Governance
- Didi expressed concerns about using terminology which may be confusing or raise unnecessary questions: She would rather avoid the word “Governance”. ITI calls it a “Process” document. Must comply with general IHE Governance (membership issues). Prefer “PCD Cochair Committee” rather than “Steering Committee”. “Domain Committees” for PC, TC. Working group names are ok.
- Concern about non-IHE members participating in PC, TC.
- Majority vote to carry a vote is fine.
- Tie breaking – rerun or extend the voting window.
- We can have proxies, but IHE International doesn’t.
Didi's Comments on Showcase Management
- Didi is comfortable with PCD in a maximum number of tours, and I’ll communicate this to Mike Nusbaum and John Donnelly along with other information.
- Didi noted that we can tell vendors that we limit their exposure – the Showcase agreement does not guarantee a certain level of exposure, and that we can take into account the number of systems elsewhere in the PCD area, as well as the number of systems elsewhere in the Showcase (e.g., GE has multiple systems elsewhere in the Showcase as well as several in PCD).
- We all agree that we need to rethink how the PCD demonstrates systems after the Showcase, given the large number of vendors and systems/actors.
Attachments / Materials
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings January 13 PCD Cochairs 2009-01-13 Webex and January 6 PCD Cochairs 2009-01-06 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot January 20, 2009 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Waiting for Chris Carr, Didi to provide direction on bi-directional distributed demo. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Steve will draft something addressing this and the related action items. Todd will resend his draft.Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs January 20, 2009 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63 also. Ken developed a draft and Didi and Lisa will be asked again to review it. It will then go to a PC and TC vote. 61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray January 20, 2009 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T. 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Ray Cochairs January 20, 2009 OPEN Didi addressed some of the questions at the F2F. Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57. 70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot January 20, 2009 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Todd was to ask IEEE for update. Todd to contact Elliot. 74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC January 20, 2009 OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
- Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul January 20, 2009 OPEN Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress. 78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Todd Paul January 20, 2009 OPEN Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. Coordinate with Didi. 82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken January 20, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Develop an MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU. 83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs January 20, 2009 OPEN Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008, PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex for more information.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Sponsor Representative: Ray Zambuto
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No comments were received about meeting summary.
3 Action Items Review
- Unless noted dates are changed to Jan. 27
- 70: The IEEE/IHE MOU is close to completion. It will permit appropriate use of IEEE materials.
- 83: Funding Possibilities - DPI, RTM are the highest priorities and most appropriate for foundation funding.
4 Connectathon and Showcase
- Manny provided an update on progress, completion, Showcase issues
5 Profile Update
- Detailed profile proposals and proposals for the white papers are due in the middle of Feb. Several are in active development.
- Wiki page updates have been completed.
- Australia – their board meeting will address:
- - Making IHE Australia a regional organization
- - Having a Connectathon and/or Showcase
- - Identifying opportunities to collaborate with the Australian clinical engineers
- - Possibly demonstrating IHE PCD
- PIV profile development revealed the possibility that systems conforming to IHE profiles may still have incompatible operation. These incompatibilities may present safety issues. The co-chairs believe that ICE-PAC is likely to be the best place to address the issues of safety related to system incompatibility.
The next meeting will be January 27, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-01-27 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">