PCD Cochairs 2009-01-13 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Review Discussion Summary last meeting Jan. 6, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-01-06 Webex
- Planning for 2009-2010 budget
- - Grants - meeting on Jan. 22 with Didi, Grants Advantage
- - FCC Rural Health Funding
- Review PCD Governance Wiki
- - votes, time from announcement until vote closes, implementation date
- - comments received from Didi (see below)
- PCD PC & TC Roster Pages
- Review Google Groups wiki list
- IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- - IHE Australia update
- - IEEE MoU
- - IHE International: Incorporation Status
- - How best address incompatibility of interoperable systems that may affect patient care
- Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
- - Showcase management: Didi's comments (see below)
- - Identifying real systems
- - Cerner's SD DOR - seeking a second device type
- - Issues Bikram raised (non-IHE systems, multiple vents, Cerner coordination)- how best to respond, guide developments
- - New Directions Wall - what, who, how
- HIMSS session at AAMI - Ray, Todd, Manny and anyone else who would like to participate
- Cycle 4 Proposals Update PCD Proposals 2009-2010
- Date, location next F2F
- Action Items
- IHE Marketing (WSJ Continua article)
- PCD Wikis
- Next meeting Jan. 20
Attachments / Materials
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings January 6 PCD Cochairs 2009-01-06 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot 12/16/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Waiting for Chris Carr, Didi to provide direction on bi-directional distributed demo. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Steve will draft something addressing this and the related action items. Todd will resend his draft.Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs 12/16/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63 also. Ken developed a draft and Didi and Lisa will be asked again to review it. It will then go to a PC and TC vote. 61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray 1/6/09 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T. 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Ray Cochairs 1/6/09 OPEN Didi addressed some of the questions at the F2F. Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57. 70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot 12/16/08 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Todd was to ask IEEE for update. Todd to contact Elliot. 74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC 12/16/08 OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
- Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul 1/6/09 OPEN Todd has not heard back from Joyce about how best to proceed. Paul said Continua is working on requirements documents, and anticipates that January will see progress. 78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Todd Paul 12/3/08 OPEN Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. Coordinate with Didi. 82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken 10/23/08 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Develop an MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU. 83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs Jan. 8 OPEN Discuss potential opportunities, focus of proposal(s). Refer to notes of Dec. 23, 2008, PCD Cochairs 2008-12-23 Webex for more information.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs,Ray Zambuto
- Cochair elects: Steve Merritt
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- No comments were received about meeting summary.
3 Action Items Review
- - 78:
- 83: Funding Possibilities
4 Funding Possibilities
5 Connectathon and Showcase
6 Profile Update
n Next Meeting
The next meeting will be January 20, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-01-20 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">