Difference between revisions of "OID Registration"
(OID Registry discussion)
Revision as of 16:29, 26 May 2016
This is a temporary page to describe existing OID registries and to assist the Domain Coordination Committee (aka co-chairs) decide how to manage OIDs.
I don't know which of these are prevalent/maintained. Google showed these in roughly this order, so you can infer something about them.
- Alvestrand First page is an overview of OIDs. This link OID Search is on that first page but hard to find. It allows you to search for OIDS. I see there is quite a backlog of entries to process, so I have my doubts about this specific site.
- HL7 OID Registry has a one-stop shopping page. You can
- Search for OIDs (if you know the value)
- Search for strings in OIDs or names
- Down a spreadsheet of their database
- Enter a new OID. I don't know the process after you complete the data entry form.
- Open LDAP Registry has this entry statement: IANA (http://www.iana.org/) has been assigned the OID 184.108.40.206.4.1.4203 to the OpenLDAP Project for its use. The following serves as the Project's registry for OIDs the Project has assigned and/or delegated under the OpenLDAP OID arc. OIDs under this arc are not intended for private use.
- He also has a link to the Alvestrand registry and to another one in FR that has a broken link.
- GnuPG is one page that lists OIDs with no search function. It points to the Alvestrand site if you want to search.
- IEEE Storage Working Group claims to be a registry, but it seems more like it gives a formula for how they will create their OIDs.
Internet 2/MACE seems to be dedicated to their project. The search function is not deluxe.
- DICOM seems to just use the HL7 registry