NM Image Cardiac Option FT Evaluation
From IHE Wiki
NMI with Cardiac Option has been nominated for advancement to Final Text. (Advocate: Steve Nichols) Per the Final Text Process, Items in blue text below warrant Committee discussion.
Technical Committee Checklist
- Are all significant CPs against the profile "closed"
- Yes. All NMI CPs identified and addressed. See CP Tracking Spreadsheet
- Are all significant CPs against the underlying standards "closed"?
- No CPs indicated in trial implementation
- Have all significant comments been CP'd or rejected?
- Have all open issues listed in the Supplement been closed?
- One open issue regarding W/L. See open items in the TI
- Options include
- a. Store W/L in DICOM header
- b. Store in presentation state
- c. Leave W/L up to the Display
- d. Allowing option (c) for now, and add (b) as a named option (either now or at a later point)
- Note 1: TI currently includes (a) (GE implementer has indicated preference for d.)
- Have all significant issues at Connectathon been dealt with?
- Need to check with Lynn
- Has the Connectathon Project Manager been queried and significant issues addressed?
- Need to check with Lynn
Technical Committee Consensus
Planning Committee Checklist
- Has the profile been through a Connectathon in at least two regions?
- 2010 - Philips registered as ID with Cardiac NM option - no partner
- 2011 - no registration for this option
- 2012 - Philips registered as ID with Cardiac NM option and *passed* the test instance for this option using test data from DICOM Central Archive https://gazelle.ihe.net/EU-CAT/test.seam?id=147 (i.e. no "live" partner)
- 2013 - 2021- no registration for this option
- 2012 - Philips registered as ID with Cardiac NM option - no partner
- 2013 - 2021 - no registration for this option
- Note: NMI has been tested in Europe and North America.
- 2012 NA 1 Image Display
- 2012 EU 1 Image Display
- 2010 EU 1 Image Display
- Has the profile been successfully tested with all actors at least at one Connectathon?
- No, see above
- Have different implementations of each actor in the profile been tested?
- No, all testing was with the same product
- Have all the options been tested successfully at at least one Connectathon?
- NA (this is an option)
- Are there IHE-provided software testing tools to address all aspects of the profile?
- EVS DICOM validators
- Have the standards underlying the profile been implemented? In similar use cases? In healthcare? In general IT?
- Yes, however, in 2009, ACC released "Key Data Elements and Definitionsfor Cardiac Imaging". This should be discussed within the Technical Committee.
- (Do you have concrete reason to believe that this works robustly in the Real World) / (Are any products available for purchase that implement the profile?)
- Yes, 8 products in IHE Product Registry, (all Philips). AGFA and GE Healthcare products claim the NMI Cardiac Option that are not in the IHE Product Registry.
- Have all issues that may have been raised about the profile been resolved?
- Need to close on open issue regarding W/L
- Has there been sufficient interest in the profile to generate a one-page overview of the profile
- Yes, see Nuclear Medicine Image