MarComm Cmte Teleconference Minutes 2012-04-04
From IHE Wiki
- Chris Carr
- John Donnelly
- Nichole Drye-Mayo
- LaShawn Edwards
- Joan McMillen
- Mike Nusbaum
1. Representing IHE in the context of other SDOs
- Mike Nusbaum introduced the topic of IHE's participation in groups like the Joint Initiatives Council of ISO TC215
- Some members have objected that IHE is not an SDO. Mike has argued that IHE is an SDO equivalent and recognized as such by HITSP, CHI, etc. IHE plays an important role in the continuum of standards development and implementation.
- Current marketing materials state directly that IHE is not an SDO. Do not explain the relationship between IHE's activities and standards development adequately.
- Mike forwarded white paper he developed for the JIC that tries to give a better account of the role of IHE in standards implementation and relationship between IHE and other SDOs.
- MarComm consensus is that the question of better defining IHE's place in the development and deployment of HIT standards should be part of the Board's upcoming strategic discussion, perhaps as part of its consideration of the organization's mission statement. Guidance about the marketing messages to communicate this idea should be part of the outcome of that discussion.
- Action Item: Chris Carr and committee to try to identify examples of negative statements currently in the IHE literature (Websites, etc.) that need to be removed or corrected.
2. Marketing and Branding Plan
- Chris Carr to provide updated version without mission statement and with more detail on IHE USA activities
- Logo alternative designs in process
- Action Item: Chris Carr to get response of IHE Turkey to the Swiss Cross-based symbol in the proposed logo design
3. Website Updates
- Initial review of design wireframes
- General committee response favorable
- Chris Carr to invite comment from rest of committee
- Present to Board as part of package with site map and logo/branding materials. Goal to present on April 12 Board tcon.
4. IHE Europe Connectathon Marketing
- Add preview to monthly email blast
- Site events being planned: include Swiss eHealth meeting
5. Deployment Project Information Gathering
- Multistate EHR-HIE interoperability initiative; John Donnelly can provide initial information and contacts
- Chris Carr organizing general discussion of deployment projects at IHE E Connectathon in Bern (~May 23); will send general invitation
6. Monthly News Email Updates
- Added items for April update
- IHE E Connectathon/conference preview
- IHE NA Connectathon 2013 dates
- Deployment Projects meeting
7. Webinar Series
- Celina Roth presented some initial ideas about planning the year's Webinar series
- Current content laid out as annual series. Not well organized for users who are looking for a specific topic (eg, a profile published in a specific year)
- Consider "academy" model: different levels of detail from general, basic (100 level) courses to technical topics (300 level?)
- Previous schedule (June-August) required cranking out a very high volume of sessions in a short time period; also did not fit will with some domains' schedules
- Celina and other staff will develop plan for Webinar activities going forward