This Wiki is for collaborative creation of IHE materials and ongoing activities. For general IHE information and Official IHE Publications, please see www.ihe.net.
Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise® (IHE)
IHE is an initiative by healthcare professionals and industry to improve the way computer systems in healthcare share information
Systems that support IHE Integration Profiles work together better, are easier to implement, and help care providers use information more effectively. The goal is efficient delivery of optimal patient care. Several hundred products support one or more IHE Profiles.
Integration Profiles describe clinical information management use cases and specify how to use existing standards (HL7, FHIR, IETF, DICOM, OASIS, ISO, etc,...) to address them. Systems that implement integration profiles solve interoperability problems.
- For equipment vendors, Integration Profiles are implementation guides.
- For healthcare providers, Integration Profiles are a shorthand for integration requirements in purchasing documents.
Integration Statements tell customers the IHE Profiles supported by a specific release of a specific product.
Technical Frameworks are the documents that specify the Integration Profiles and the associated systems (actors) and transactions.
Connectathons are annual events where vendors bring products with IHE Profiles and test them with other vendors under a rigorous process.
Showcases are demonstrations where vendors show integration
IHE is organized into Domains which each address problems in one area of healthcare.
- IHE Cardiology (CARD)
- IHE Dental (DENT)
- IHE Endoscopy (ENDO)
- IHE Eye Care (EYECARE)
- IHE IT Infrastructure (ITI)
- IHE Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (PaLM)
- IHE Patient Care Coordination (PCC)
- IHE Patient Care Device (PCD)
- IHE Pharmacy (PHARM)
- IHE Quality, Research and Public Health (QRPH)
- IHE Radiation Oncology (RO)
- IHE Radiology (RAD)
- IHE Surgery