MR Diffusion Imaging
MR Diffusion Imaging (DIFF) supports the exchange and display of Enhanced MR diffusion images.
The MR Diffusion Imaging Integration Profile leverages the Enhanced MR diffusion images containing standard attributes for Diffusion b-value, Diffusion gradient orientation and Diffusion image type. These objects are exchanged in an interoperable way allowing correct and convenient display.
Support the Enhanced MR procedures for standard diffusion
- Stacks of Images (Slices) are generated with different meaning and derived contrast for:
- - Diffusion Weighted Images (DWI)
- - Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI)
Improves the Consistency and Interoperability of the Enhanced MR Disffusion, clinical applications
- Provides standard attributes for Diffusion b-value, Diffusion gradient orientation and Diffusion image type.
- Reduce implementations diversity of choices for improving interoperability
- Creates stacks of images at different timeslots, in order to demonstrate the uptake of a contrast agent over time.
- Defines how the perfusion images are stored and archived into frames of one Enhanced DICOM (Multi-frame) object so that they can later be retrieved and displayed in an unambiguous way on image viewers supporting Enhanced DICOM objects
Improves the acceptance of the Enhanced MR SOP Classes by industry and users
Reduces Deployment Cost/Time
The MR Diffusion Imaging (DIFF) Integration Profile:
- Facilitates the interoperable exchange and correct display of enhanced MR diffusion images containing standard attributes for Diffusion b-value, Diffusion gradient orientation and Diffusion image type.
- Creates stacks of images (slices) with different meaning and derived contrast by using techniques of MR Diffusion Weighted Imaging (DWI)or Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI)
- Defines how a set of images resulting from a completed MR Diffusion exam are stored and archived into frames of one Enhanced MR DICOM (Multi-frame) object so that they can later be retrieved and displayed in an unambiguous way on image viewers supporting Enhanced MR DICOM objects.
- Enables widespread and adequate review and interpretation of b=0, ISOTROPIC and ADC diffusion frames by radiologists in an environment where all Actors support the Enhanced MR DICOM objects
- Functional requirements for Images Creator
- 1. Create a series of original images with different Diffusion b-values. Including a stack of images for b=0 and Images with other diffusion b value shell not be displayed
- 2. Create a series for resulting ISOTROPIC images where b=MAX
- 3. Create a series with ADC images for each slice and at least for b=MAX
- 4. The ISOTROPIC and ADC images for b=MAX shell be presented in conjunction with the slices that b=0
- Data requirements for Images Creator: Stac ID, InStack position, Diffusion b-value
- Functional requirements for Display Enhanced MR with Diffusion
- 1. Provide (at least) one row of three viewports for the display of frames for the same InStackPositionNumber / slice number
- 2. The frames for one InStackPositionNumber need to be presented in one row.
Additional rows can be used for other InStackPositionNumber-s
- 3. Capable to filter / select frames based on Diffusion Directionality attribute
- 4. Capable to scroll the images (vertically) by InStackPositionNumber-Index
- MR Diffusion Imaging Process Flow
- The derived images can be created either in the same activity of the original images creation or in a separate activity
- 1. Creating original and derived images as one activity - Process Flow
- 2. Creating derived images in a separate activity - Process Flow
- The images need to be stored with indices along their position in the stack and the progress of time.
- A stack of images is being created at different timeslots, in order to display the contrast agent over time
- Defines the correct and convenient display of the Perfusion with Contrast
- Requirements for the Perfusion Creator modality are:
1. Create an Enhanced CT or MR SOP Instance 2. Modality provides Dimension indices: Stack ID, In Stack Position Number, Temporal Position Index 3. Data requirements: Image and Frame Type should be: Value 1: ORIGINAL, Value 2: PRIMARY, Value 3: PERFUSION
- Requirements for Image Display Perfusion with contrast:
1. Provide at least one viewport for display of frames with the same In-Stack Position Number (Slice-index). More viewports may be used for displaying images for other In-Stack Position Numbers= simultaneous scrolling 2. Scroll by Temporal Position Index then Stack ID / In-Stack Position Number and by Stack ID / In-Stack Position Number then Temporal Position Index 3. Provide the time since the start, deducted from Frame Reference DateTime 4. Display the values of the dimension attributes and contrast attributes 5. Display Frame annotations for Frame Number, Slice offset, relative time.
Applications using older single-frame DICOM image objects depended on knowledge of private attributes for this information.
Systems involved in this profile are:
- Image Display that Query / Retrieve the enhanced CT/MR images and displays the viewports of frames with the identical In-Stack Position Number (Slice Ingdex)
- Radiology image manager/archive, Storing the images with indices along their position in the stack and the progress of time.
- Acquisition modalities, creates the Enhanced CR or MR SOP instances with the appropirate dimension indices
Actors & Transactions:
Profile Status: Trial Implementation
This page is based on the Profile Template