MRRT FT Evaluation
From IHE Wiki
The Management of Radiology Report Template (MRRT) profile has been nominated for advancement to Final Text. (Advocate: Kinson Ho) Per the Final Text Process, Items in blue text below warrant Committee discussion.
Technical Committee Checklist
- Are all significant CPs against the profile "closed"
- Yes. Significant CPs identified and addressed. See 
- Are all significant CPs against the underlying standards "closed"?
- There are no significant CPs against the underlying standards (HTML5, HTTPS, Dublin Core)
- Have all significant comments been CP'd or rejected?
- Yes, specifically the following CPs are rejected as we decided to leave those advanced features out of MRRT. Alternative solutions like IHE QRPH Structured Data Capture (SDC) can be used that has already provided these advanced features
- TODO CP-RAD-307 Add Conditional data-field-completion attributes in MRRT
- TODO CP-RAD-308 Add Business Names to MRRT template format
- The following CPs are rejected as identified out of scope of MRRT but implementation can support them
- Have all open issues listed in the Supplement been closed?
- Yes TODO: Verify with Kinson
- Have all significant issues at Connectathon been dealt with?
- Gather feedback from implementers via a formal questionnaire to Connectathon participants
- radreport.org used MRRT format for its report template. The templates have significant number of downloads []
- According to Dr. Charles Kahn, the counter only includes downloads of the revised website, excluding 5 million downloads already at the original site
- T-REX, a report template creator tool, is available at radreport.org to create radiology report template that are compliant with MRRT
- According to Dr. Charles Kahn, T-REX is also actively being used to create new templates
- Prof. Mildenberger published a paper regarding MRRT []
- Has the Connectathon Project Manager been queried and significant issues addressed?
Technical Committee Consensus
- TODO: The Technical Committee agreed to continue with the Final Text Process and continue with an evaluation by the Planning Committee
Planning Committee Checklist
- Has the profile been through a Connectathon in at least two regions?
- No. There is one successful testing done in NA2016. Here are additional comments from Lynn
- Siemens successfully tested the Report Creator with one Report Template Mgr partner (Sectra); this included [RAD-105] Query Img Report Templates, and [RAD-103] Retrieve Img Report Templates
- Thus, Sectra successfully tested the Report Template Manager with Siemens for [RAD-103] and [RAD-105]. However, since there was no Report Template Creator test partner, Sectra was not able to test [RAD-104] Store Imaging Report Template.
- We had no Report Template Creator test partner.
- We have a set of MRRT Report templates that we used in the test scenario. They are now stored on the IHE Google Drive here. That test data has not been re-assessed for any updates that need to be done due to CPs processed since 2016.
- Has the profile been successfully tested with all actors at least at one Connectathon?
- No. Only Report Template Manager and Report Creator were tested, but no Report Template Creator.
- However, there exist T-REX at radreport.org which is a Report Template Creator.
- Have different implementations of each actor in the profile been tested?
- No. Only one implementation for Report Template Manager and one implementation for Report Creator was tested.
- Have all the options been tested successfully at at least one Connectathon?
- N/A. No options available in MRRT
- Are there IHE-provided software testing tools to address all aspects of the profile?
- No testing tools available, besides the sample report templates mentioned above (extracted from radreport.org)
- Have the standards underlying the profile been implemented? In similar use cases? In healthcare? In general IT?
- Yes, HTML5 and HTTP(S) are widely implemented.
- (Do you have concrete reason to believe that this works robustly in the Real World) / (Are any products available for purchase that implement the profile?)
- From Prof. Mildenberger:
- one is actually implementing a solution (goal Q4/2020), which will provide all three actors and also will support the import/export of MRRT compliant templates. This company is already aiming for connectathon partizipation
- one company does have a PoC implementation supporting ReportCreator, not yet transferred in a product
- one company does actually using their proporietory structur, but is analyzing options for compatibility (all three actors in principle). Actually, a manuel import for MRRT templates is supported.. Partizipation at connectathon might be a topic for the future.
- another company (international PACS provider with reporting solution): structured reporting will be integrated actually, MRRT compatibility planned (personal communication, e-mail not yet received)
- From Dr. Kahn, SmartRadiology and Sectra has expressed interest in using MRRT (and Sectra has tested at Connectathon)
- Have all issues that may have been raised about the profile been resolved?
- Yes, all significant issues have been addressed
- The following issues are rejected
- Conditional statements (CP-RAD-307) - defer to other alternatives such as IHE QRPH SDC
- Support for image link - discussed and decided to defer
- Support for repeated statements - discussed and defer to other alternatives such as IHE QRPH SDC
- Has there been sufficient interest in the profile to generate a one-page overview of the profile
- Yes, TODO see