IHE National Deployment Committees are responsible, within their geographical regions, for promotion and deployment of the IHE Technical Frameworks that document the Integration Profiles. Technical development of the Integration Profiles is handled globally by the IHE Domains.
New National Deployment Committees are formed and recognized by the IHE International Board following a process defined in the IHE Principles of Governance.
Annual National Reports are submitted by active deployment committees to the IHE International Board.
The following are the currently active IHE National and Regional Deployment Committees:
The primary activities of IHE National Initiatives are:
- Selecting which Integration Profiles are appropriate for promotion in their locale/region
- Recruiting local/regional vendors and encouraging them to participate
- Organizing local/regional demonstrations
- Educating the local/regional healthcare community about IHE
- Translating IHE documents as appropriate
The primary activities of IHE Regions are:
- Coordinating activities between the regional National Initiatives
- Organizing a regional Connectathon, (although National Connectathons are occasionally held)