ITI Planning Committee 2009/2010 Planning Cycle

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 12:10, 19 October 2009 by Mnusbaum (Talk | contribs) (ITI Planning Paris f2f Meeting Results)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Introduction

This WIKI page documents 2009/2010 Planning Cycle for the ITI Planning Domain, including the face-to-face meeting in October 2009 and the webinars that will lead up to that meeting.

Now in its eighth year, the IT Infrastructure Domain continues to improve its processes, in particular under the new IHE Governance Structure and Procedures. This has required a number of changes to membership and processes within the Domain committees. The co-Chairs want to ensure that everyone understands the defined process, and that there is sufficient information and time to prepare for all the steps required to help us select candidate profiles and white papers to bring forward for consideration. Proposals must follow the process as outlined below.

Important Dates

Date Event Comments
25-Sep-09 Call for Proposals CLOSE Proposal Template on Wiki or Word

Please submit completed proposals to:

Submitted proposals can be found here.

30-Sep-09 Webinar #1 - 10:00am-noon CDT AGENDA; Coordinates
1-Oct-09 Webinar #2 - 10:00am-noon CDT AGENDA; Coordinates
7-Oct-09 Webinar #3 - 10:00am-noon CDT AGENDA; Coordinates
8-Oct-09 Webinar #4 - 11:00am-1:00pm CDT AGENDA; Coordinates
12-Oct-09

13-Oct-09

ITI Planning Committee f2f

(Please REGISTER HERE if attending)

Meeting Address:
EUROSITES République
8bis rue de la Fontaine au Roi
75011 PARIS

AGENDA; Oct 12th Coordinates; Oct 13th Coordinates; Paris Hotels

Meeting Participation

IHE membership is required to attend or participate in the ITI Planning face-to-face meeting, and to submit votes. If you are unsure your organization is an IHE member, please check the membership list. If you would like to apply for membership, please see this webpage.

In order to participate in meetings, you must first be a delegate of an approved IHE member organization. Membership is granted only to “organizations” and each member names delegates to participate in various domain committees. Please check the membership list to ensure your organization is a bona fide member of IHE. If not, then you can apply for membership (it’s free) using this webpage.

Any member is entitled to send a delegate to attend a meeting. However in order to vote, the member (organization) must have earned (and maintained) voting privileges prior to the designated meeting. The rules around voting privileges are articulated on the IHE website, but explained below in the context of the upcoming ITI Planning Committee face-to-face.

  • Webinars have been announced for September 30, October 1, 7 and 8 (see details below), to allow authors to present their proposals to the ITI Planning Committee in advance of the face-to-face. We will populate the schedule of presentations immediately following the September 25th submission deadline.
  • These webinars will be considered decision meetings. We will attempt to reach consensus (rather than hold a formal vote) at each webinar as to the validity of each individual proposal, including whether it makes sense to request proposal authors to combine initiatives where overlaps exist. No proposals will be rejected at this stage, only aligned with one another, and only where appropriate.
  • In order to ensure voting privileges at the face-to-face Planning meeting in Paris, we will require each member (organization) to attend a minimum of 2 (out of the 4) webinars that precede the Paris meeting. We will be taking very careful attendance at each webinar to ensure a fair execution of this process.

Webinar Organization

Each webinar will be organized as follows (this will vary slightly depending upon how many proposals we will be reviewing:

  • The two hour time allocation will be divided into 5x15-minute time-slots, with the remaining 45 minutes for introductory remarks and follow-up discussion.
  • Each 15-minute timeslot will be allocated to a profile/white paper proposal… the first 10 minutes will be taken up by a presentation by the proposal author, with the remaining 5 minutes reserved for discussion and any disposition (if required). In order to maintain equity across all presenters, we will manage this time rigorously!!!
  • Each 10-minute presentation will be comprised of a maximum of 5 Powerpoint slides, presenting the proposal concisely and completely. We have taken the liberty of supplying a presentation template that you may choose to use, and this can be found on the IHE ftp site here.

Webinar #1 AGENDA

Date Time Coordinates Recorded Presentation
30-Sep-09 10:00-noon CDT Coordinates PLAY
# Proposal Author/Presenter Description Time Comments
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Webinar Introduction, process 10:00-10:10
ITI 1.0 FTP Link Public Health Metadata Registry & Vocabulary Services 10:10-10:25
  • Presentation
  • Joint proposal with QRPH; content specified by QRPH, infrastructure supported by ITI. Suggests proposal needs scoping, CTS2.0 is very broad. Positioned as extension to IHE/SVS profile (implementation of subset of CTS2.0), a “richer” selection of transactions for SVS. Suggested proposal enhanced with a specific list of proposed extensions (deliverables), relative to the problem that is to be solved. To be re-presented in Webinar #4.
ITI 2.0 FTP Link Metadata Versioning 10:25-10:40
  • Presentation
  • Proposal is to elevate 2008 white paper to a profile. Required as a pre-requisite for implementation of Dynamic Data proposal. Extension to XDS.b, should be considered as such. No further action required.
ITI 3.0 FTP Link Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) Interface Profile 10:40-10:55
  • Presentation
  • Brought forward from PCD. RTLS estimated to have a $1billion market in the next year. Similar to Inventory Control/Access Management in warehousing. HL7 RTLS standard is currently DSTU, soon to be normative.
ITI 4.0 Updated FTP Link Dynamic Document Sharing (formerly Dynamic Data) 10:55-11:10
  • Presentation
  • Extension to XCA. Proposal to elevate 2009 white paper to a profile. Overlap with ITI5.0, depending on scoping choice. Concerns about design consistencies amongst XCA, XDS, XDR. To be combined with ITI5.0, with new name: Deferred Document and Dynamic Access. Karen to update proposal document and re-post. No further presentation required.
ITI 5.0 * Deferred Document Creation 11:10-11:25
  • Presentation
  • Extension to XDS.b and XCA. Proposal to elevate 2009 white paper to a profile. Will support ITI4.0 as a joint proposal (Scope option “D”, XCA/XDS Dynamic/Deferred). Use case to be rolled into ITI4.0 and proposals combined.
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Discussion, Next Steps 11:25-12:00

Webinar #2 AGENDA

Date Time Coordinates Recorded Presentation
1-Oct-09 10:00-noon CDT Coordinates PLAY
# Proposal Author/Presenter Description Time Comments
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Webinar Introduction, process 10:00-10:10
ITI 11.0 FTP Link (updated) Document Sharing Directory Services 10:10-10:25
  • Presentation
  • Extensions to XDS.b and XCA. Related to Metadata Versioning proposal, but no overlap. Potential overlap with Federated Directory Services… defer decision on merging until Webinar #3. Scope needs refinement. Vassil and Jorg to consider merging proposals, schedule session for Webinar #4 to discuss and scope.
ITI 7.0 PEP/PDP Whitepaper 10:25-10:40
  • Presentation
  • Extension to the Access Control white paper (cookbook for implementers). Policy Enforcement Point (PEP); Policy Determination Point (PDP). Suggested target to current problems not addressed by XUA. Could be combined with Secure Token profile proposal. Could be delayed to seek experience with implementations in Europe. Agreed to withdraw (portions merged with Secure Token).
ITI 8.0 FTP Link Security Token Service 10:40-10:55
  • Presentation
  • Follow-up from the Access Control white paper. Scoped to what is included in the token, what are the transactions required to move the tokens. Scope to XDS and XCA. Questions around the lack of a clinical use case… overlap with Oasis/W3C work already published. Perhaps a cookbook on how to use XUA, or to document how to use XUA in light of emerging standards. Proposed as a supplement to XUA profile with source material from XSPA. Rob will re-present at Webinar #4.
ITI 9.0 FTP Link Document Based Referral Response 10:55-11:10
  • Presentation
  • Uses DRR and other PCC and RAD profiles that make a request of a performer but have no standardized mechanism for responding/notifying requestor… therefore an infrastructure issue. Extension of DRR, and re-use of mechanism in other profiles. Potential overlap with x-enterprise workflow management proposal. Keep generic, move forward to f2f.
ITI 10.0 FTP Link Cross-Enterprise Workflow Management 11:10-11:25
  • Presentation
  • Profile to provide patient-centric workload management infrastructure to manage workflow objects without specifying content of those objects (specified by clinical domains). Might include sample content. Focus to be on “fuzzy workload”. Generalization of detail proposed with Referral Response… suggest both can move forward in parallel.
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Discussion, Next Steps 11:25-12:00

Webinar #3 AGENDA

Date Time Coordinates Recorded Presentation
7-Oct-09 10:00-noon CDT Coordinates Play
# Proposal Author/Presenter Description Time Comments
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Webinar Introduction, process 10:00-10:10
ITI 6.0 FTP Link Metadata for Document Relationships 10:10-10:25 WITHDRAWN BY AGFA
ITI 12.0 FTP Link HIT Provider Registry (HITPR) 10:25-10:40
  • Presentation
  • Suggest X.12 standard from list… can only be used in the US. Add CAQH standard on national provider index. Harmonize with HITSP efforts. Add NeCST (HL7v3) on e-claims. Discussion on scoping to manageable deliverables this cycle. Proposal will be discussed in Webinar #4 together with the other directory-related proposals.
ITI 13.0 FTP Link Federated Directory Service (FDS) 10:40-10:55
ITI 14.0 FTP Link ACM Across Domains and the Enterprise 10:55-11:10
  • Presentation
  • PCD proposal. Building a shared event notification that can include alarms (PCD-ACM profile). Previous resistance across IHE domains to a common event notification technology. Monroe will reach out to other domains, and examine ITI-NAV. Proposal will go forward in its present form.
ITI 15.0 FTP Link Patient Appointment Scheduler 11:10-11:25
  • Presentation
  • Brought forward by Eye Care domain. Centralized scheduling vs. departmental scheduling. Harmonize with other domains on elements of scheduled workflow that might apply. Non-healthcare scheduling (ie. ICS format) considerations. Will go forward as is.
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Discussion, Next Steps 11:25-12:00

Webinar #4 AGENDA

Date Time Coordinates Recorded Presentation
8-Oct-09 11:00-1:00 CDT Coordinates Play
# Proposal Author/Presenter Description Time Comments
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Webinar Introduction, process 11:00-11:10
ITI 1.0 FTP Link Public Health Metadata Registry & Vocabulary Services 11:10-11:25
  • Focussed detail needed for Paris meeting: a list of functional specifications from CTS2.0 that need to be added to the SVS profile. QRPH is considering 3 content profiles, use of the SVS/CTS2.0 ITI work is a partial dependency. Vassil to gather information about dependencies with the cancer registry content profile for Paris. Sundak and Alean will investigate the possible addition of an immunization use case. Proposal to go forward to f2f meeting.
ITI 11.0

ITI 13.0 ITI 12.0

  • Document Sharing Directory Service
  • Federated Directory Service
  • HIT Provider Registry (HITPR)
11:25-11:40
  • Revised FDS proposal presented, looking at incorporating HITPR and DSDS/DODS. HITPR proposal authors support the revised FDS proposal. DSDS author is supportive, but questions whether this should be a single work item? Agreed one technical solution. Three items - FDS: white paper on federated services; HITPR (incl. metadata specifications from FDS proposal); Configuration (incl. metadata specifications from FDS proposal). Joerg to consult with Marty and Vassil to determine what metadata components should be added to their respective proposals. Three proposals to move forward to the f2f.
  • Updated Presentation on FDS
ITI 8.0 Security Token Service 11:40-11:55
11:55-12:10
12:10-12:25
Michael Nusbaum, Charles Parisot: co-Chairs Discussion, Next Steps 12:25-1:00

ITI Planning Committee f2f - 12-13Oct09 AGENDA

MONDAY - DAY 1

Location Webex/Tcon
EUROSITES République
8bis rue de la Fontaine au Roi
75011 PARIS
Oct 12th Coordinates
Global Toll Free Call-in Numbers for WebEx
Global Toll Call-in Numbers for WebEx
Agenda # Time/Description
LUNCH noon - 1:00pm Paris time (5:00-6:00am CT) - meet at the meeting room, then we'll procede to the restaurant as a group.
Restaurant: Chez Jenny, 33 boulevard du temple (directions)
1. Welcome 1:00 - 1:30pm Paris time (6:00-6:30am CT)
  • Introductions
  • Housekeeping
  • Domain Sponsor Announcements (Lisa)
  • Procedures, voting privileges, etc.
2. Organization of Work 1:30-2:30pm Paris time (6:30-7:30am CT)
  • Supplements in Trial Implementation
  • New Profile proposals
  • New proposals for White papers
  • White papers published by TC - which should go forward to full profile this year?
  • White Papers in progress
  • Planned continued development of existing profiles
  • Retirement of Profiles
  • Capacity of ITI for new profile/white paper proposals (decision)
  • ITI Planning Meetings planned for the coming year (location, frequency, etc.)
  • IT Infrastructure Roadmap - proposal for renewal
3. Advocacy - authors & representatives make a case for each proposal 2:30 - 3:30pm Paris time (7:30-8:30am CT)
(Please ensure you have attended/viewed each of the 4 Webinars prior to this session)
BREAK 3:30 - 4:00pm Paris time (8:30-9:00am CT)
4. Advocacy (continued) 4:00 - 7:30pm Paris time (9:00am -12:30pm CT)
5. Wrap-up of the day 7:30 - 8:00pm Paris time (12:30-1:00pm CT)
ADJOURN 8:00pm Paris time (1:00pm CT)
.
.

TUESAY - DAY 2

Location Webex/Tcon
EUROSITES République
8bis rue de la Fontaine au Roi
75011 PARIS
Oct 13th Coordinates
Agenda # Time/Description
1. Welcome, review of the day's plan 10:00 - 10:30am Paris time (3:00-3:30am CT)
2. Discussion and decision on which items go forward 10:30am - 1:00pm Paris time (3:30-6:00am CT)

including consideration of

  • relationship to external initiatives (ie. HITSP, epSOS, others)
  • scope vs availability of resources
  • relationship to activities in other IHE domains
LUNCH 1:00 - 2:00pm Paris time (6:00-7:00am CT)
Restaurant: Crown Plaza, 10 place de la république (Directions)
3. Discussion and decision on which items go forward 2:00-4:30pm Paris time (7:00-9:30am CT)
BREAK 4:30 - 5:00pm Paris time (9:30-10:00am CT)
4. Update of ITI Roadmap reflecting new work item decisions 5:00 - 6:00pm Paris time (10:00-11:00am CT)
  • New items for 2009-2010
  • Items to be referred to / partnered with other IHE Domains
  • Items to be referred to SDO’s for needed work
5. Next Steps 6:00 - 6:45pm Paris time (11:00am -11:45pm CT)
  • Assignment of authors, due-dates, etc. for completion of Detailed Proposal (due date TBA) for turn-over to TC in November
  • Schedule follow-up t-cons
  • Marketing and publicity planning
  • Preparation for meeting at HIMSS (harmonization with HITSP, other standards initiatives)
  • Publication schedule
  • Other
6. Wrap-up 6:45 - 7:00pm Paris time (11:45-noon CT)
ADJOURN 7:00pm Paris time (noon CT)
.
.

ITI Planning Paris f2f Meeting Results

(detailed proposals due to ITI Technical Committee 2-Nov-09)

Priority Proposal Title Principal Author(s)
1 Public Health Metadata Registry & Vocabulary Services
2 HIT Provider Registry (HITPR)
3 Document Sharing Directory Services
4 Metadata Versioning
5 Dynamic Document Sharing
5 Security Token Service
7 Federated Directory Service (FDS) - white paper
7 Document Based Referral Response