IHE RO Synchronization - Brief Proposal
1. Proposed Workitem: IHE RO Synchronization
- Proposal Editor: Chris Lindop
- Date: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Version: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Domain: Radiology
2. The Problem
IHE Radiology needs to collaboratively work with IHE RO.
3. Key Use Case
IHE RO has reviwed the Image Fusion Integration Profile and sucessfully developed their own profile for Multi-modality Image Registration. It overlaps and conflicts significantly our yet to be implimented registration Object creation in Imae Fusion. We need to learn from Radiation Oncology and synchronize our Image Fusion Profile with their work.
IHE RO is in the process of releasing for public comment, a Enterprise scheduling Integration Porifile, which can compliment our own efforts to bring Schduled Workflow up to date with the current HL7 transactions.
IHE RO has sucessfully developed a specific post-processing workflow IP that utilizes DICOM UPS. We need to learn from their sucess. We need to evaluate if the technology we selected, GPWL/GP-PPS, is impacting our adoption or if there is another overlying factor that is impeading adoption.
4. Standards & Systems
IHE Radiology IHE Radiation Oncology
<Include additional discussion or consider a few details which might be useful for the detailed proposal>
- <Why IHE would be a good venue to solve the problem and what you think IHE should do to solve it.>
- <What might the IHE technical approach be? Existing Actors? New Transactions? Additional Profiles?>
- <What are some of the risks or open issues to be addressed?>
<This is the brief proposal. Try to keep it to 1 or at most 2 pages>