IHE Lab Domain (Technical) Minutes 12/14/2010
- Sondra Renly (IBM, IHE Technical Committee Co-chair)
- Francois Macary (ASIP Sante, IHE Planning Committee Co-chair)
- Andrea Pitkus (CAP, IHE Laboratory Secretary)
- Ed Heierman (Abbott)
- Jean Benech (bioMerieux)
- Naomi Ishii (Hitachi)
- James Harrison,MD,PhD. (CAP, University of Virginia)
1. LAW Profile Changes: Preliminary Comments
- See updated Google docs Please review the document to make sure everything is captured, especially all the changes
- One use case in Volume I will be patient pooling. A subgroup will meet in Jan to discuss this use case.
- A number of sections are TBD in Volume I. People can contribute to the google document. Should assignments be made? Through the end of the year, people can review, edit and comment on their own focusing only on the Volume I sections. Then in 2011, assignments can be made.
2. Discussion of posting more in Google Groups to direct people to the Wiki.
- Notify on google groups when minutes or other key documents are posted on the wiki. IS there agreement to advertise minutes on google groups? Yes there is consensus in doing so. We want to make sure the Volume I updates are advertised too. In the email, let members know that a document will be coming (ie Volume I review coming at the end of Jan) so they can plan accordingly.
- Are we trying to set an end of Jan date for review of Volume I? Is that reasonable to all? Yes, goals are good. End of March 2011 for internal review of Volume II. Public Comment would be in June with finalization in July. That would set us up well for the Face to Face (Let’s discuss the next call).
- Date: January 18, 2011
- 2011 Connectathon one day conference and visitor tour. Updates and participants. Ed is working with Jean Rhame (marketing officer for IICC) to distribute an IHE Lab update and information to the IICC members. She can also work on a joint IHE Lab-IICC press release when the documents are ready.
4. LOINC Update
- Continued interest in getting vendors to contribute LOINC codes. Interest by both Clem McDonald and Rob Bush.
- The LOINC meeting was Dec 5-6 at the Regenstrief. Next meeting will be in June 2011 at Regenstrief.
5. Wiki and FTP Updates
- LAW Page Updated by Sondra since the last call
- CP's have been added to FTP site and organized by Sondra
- IICC had a membership to HL7 and are making decisions on its renewal. Does IHE Lab have a membership for access? IHE has a MOU with HL7 allowing quoting of HL7 standards, but it’s not a membership per se. Members of IHE Committees rely on their own HL7 membership to access to HL7 materials.
7. 2011 Call Scheduling
- January 11, 2011 (next call)
- January 25, 2011 from 8-9am Eastern Standard Time (US- New York City
- 1. Recommendation to IICC to renew 2011 HL7 membership
- 2. Next LOINC Meeting information to be posted to Google Groups (Andrea)
- 3. Standards area to be created on Wiki. Items of interest related to standards will be posted. (Andrea/Sabrina)
- 4. Follow up with Orchard Software (Rob Bush) regarding contribution interest to LOINC codes (Ed)
The next IHE lab call will be held on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 from 8-9am Eastern Standard Time (US- New York City).