IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-12-06
- Ken Fuchs
- Flora Lum
- Joan McMillen
- Karen Witting
- LaVerne Palmer
- Mary Jungers
- Mary Kennedy
- Simon Letellier (Pharm)
- Jacqueline Surugue (Pharm)
- Jürgen Brandstätter (Pharm)
- Sondra Renly (lab tc)
- Antje Schroeder
- Celina Roth
- Geoff Pascoe
- Kevin O'Donnell
- Sidrah Abdul
- Teri Schippel Schmidt
- Jim St. Clair
- Did Davis
- La Shawn Edwards
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
2. Approval of October 25 Minutes; Nov. 8 minutes. - see Agenda or wiki for proper links. Motion by Kevin O; Second by Karen W on both. No absentions.
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page (deferred)
4. Review Action Items List (deferred)
1. Domain Milestones (reminder - follow the link above for simple templates for announcements)
- RAD - Selected Profiles
- Foreign Exam Management - Support reconciliation/reporting/archiving policies for images from other sites - extension of IRWF, incorporating requests from VA
- Unified Post-Processing Workflow - Mirror DICOM replacement of GPWL by UPS, and support hosted DICOM applications
- Radiology Report Templates - Exchange templates between report creators for use when generating reports
- XDR-I (Below the Line; may drop if time constraints become unmanagable) - Adapt XDR for Imaging (similar to XDS-I, XCA-I)
- Input/use cases welcome from other imaging-oriented domains
- ITI - Selected Profiles
- XD* Documentation - update documentation for document sharing profiles, XDS, XDR, XDM, XCA, etc. - no normative changes planned; rather refactoring and document restructing; clarifications of technical details
- Critical & Important Results White Paper - explore needs of notification and auditing for management of critical and important results. Specific request from Brigham and Women's and other sites. Addresses case where secondary diagnosis (e.g., lump found while looking for something else) may not be followed up on.
- Documents for Mobile Health - support document sharing on mobile devices
- Patient Encounter Tracking Query - NEEDS EDITOR TO CONTINUE
- Device Management Infrastructure White Paper
- Pharmacy call for proposals: Responses due Dec. 13. Goal is to participate in North American Connectathon 2013. Attempting to engage US and Canadian firms more. Currently uptake is in Europe.
2. Domain Milestone Dates
Doument reviewed. There are still several domains which have not completed this input to the publication cycle. QRPH is having problems with linear format. (they have several due dates). QRPH may have in the ballpark of 20 documents (many re-publishes) this cycle. AnaPath, RO (no call for proposals from PlanComm yet), Dental, Endoscopy not yet updated. Mary Jungers will verify there is a row for each domain.
3. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)
Pharmacy - delivery to board 11/30 Board_Report_IHE_Pharmacy-2011-11-21.doc Updates from previous DCC tcon made, per Jürgen. Cardiology - due to DCC 12/8 - Cardiology has already started.
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group (update - Chris Carr - 15 min)
- Many domains have already submitted info. See wiki for complete list. If you have not yet submitted info, the domain should do so ASAP. Will be picked up again after RSNA tradeshow.
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
- NameSpace White paper comments were due Nov 15th
- One comment received so far (re. URNs). Extend deadline to Dec. 6.
- Domains should start thinking about/planning for how to gather NameSpace info for eventual implementation.
- Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates
- New Supplement Template should be used for all 2012 Profiles! Transaction based Supplement template, General Intro underway.
- Cardiology has developed a good model for content module template in its CIRC profile. Teri will distribute for review and use as input for the content module template.
- Discussed; everyone agreed that this is a better way forward. Teri to email out to DCC.
- Update from Nov 17th CDA Training program in Oak Brook - over 35 people attended. Given by Keith Boone/GE. Focused on CDA documents, not IHE profiles. IHE Content Profile Template discussed at length based on CIRC profile over lunch/breaks.
- FDA standards gathering initiative update (deferred).