Difference between revisions of "IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-11-22"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Domain Announcements)
(Attendees)
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
*Ken Fuchs
+
*Sidrah Abdul (ASTRO)
*Flora Lum
+
*Jürgen Brandstätter (Pharm)
*Joan McMillen
+
*Didi Davis (QRPH)
*Karen Witting
+
*La Shawn Edwards (RSNA)
*LaVerne Palmer
+
*Ken Fuchs (PCD)
*Mary Jungers
+
*Mary Jungers (Doc Specialist)
*Mary Kennedy
+
*Mary Kennedy (CAP)
*Simon Letellier (Pharmacy)
+
*Simon Letellier (Pharm)
*Jacqueline Surugue
+
*Flora Lum (AA0)
*Sondra Renly (lab tc)
+
*Joan McMillen (RSNA)
*Antje Schroeder
+
*Kevin O'Donnell (Rad)
*Celina Roth
+
*LaVerne Palmer (HIMSS)
*Geoff Pascoe
+
*Geoff Pascoe (ITI)
*Kevin O'Donnell
+
*Sondra Renly (Lab)
*Sidrah Abdul
+
*Celina Roth (HIMSS)
*Teri Schippel Schmidt
+
*Jim St. Clair (HIMSS)
*Jim St. Clair
+
*Antje Schroeder (Cardio)
*Did Davis
+
*Teri Sippel Schmidt (Process Specialist)
*La Shawn Edwards
+
*Jacqueline Surugue (Pharm)
 +
*Karen Witting (ITI)
 +
 
 +
''Absent domains: Dental, Endoscopy.''
  
 
===General Committee Business===
 
===General Committee Business===
Line 52: Line 55:
  
  
2. Domain [[Board Reports]]  (10 min - Karen Witting)
+
2. Domain Milestone Dates
  
===Domain Coordination Issues===
+
Doument reviewed. There are still several domains which have not completed this input to the publication cycleQRPH is having problems with linear format. (they have several due dates)QRPH may have in the ballpark of 20 documents (many re-publishes) this cycle.   AnaPath, RO (no call for proposals from PlanComm yet), Dental, Endoscopy not yet updatedMary Jungers will verify there is a row for each domain.
* [[Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group]] (update - Karen Witting -  5 min)
+
:*responses from all Domains due November 21st, 2011.
+
:* There was significant confusion about the format of the report and/or existence of a templateThere is NO template or required format or mechanismEach domain is free to chose method, e.g., wiki or Word file.   
+
:* Instructions were sent out in an email from Chris Carr on Oct 3rd.  Also now posted on DCC wiki page. Action: Karen to resend to DCC list with explanation that format/template is not specified.
+
  
* Profile Maturity Metric Proposal (Kevin O'Donnell - 15 min)
+
 
:*Kevin suggests that people take a look and if there are any comments/suggestions please let him know.  
+
3. Domain [[Board Reports]]  (10 min - Karen Witting)
::** https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkfpWndrzLS2dEJnTmo3VlVIbHpEbmowcG1pamxUN3c&authkey=CID59tIJ&hl=en_US&authkey=CID59tIJ
+
 
::** Go to Profile Maturity and Domain Portfolio tabs.
+
Pharmacy - delivery to board 11/30 Board_Report_IHE_Pharmacy-2011-11-21.doc    Updates from previous DCC tcon made, per Jürgen.
:*Goal is to identify "failed" profiles and also introduce the concept of "Maturity Level".
+
Cardiology - due to DCC 12/8 - Cardiology has already started.
:*Why do this?:
+
 
::* Flag profile trajectory (adoption going along or does it need help?)
+
===Domain Coordination Issues===
::* Manage profile flow through a domain; if there are already a significant number of unadopted profiles, perhaps focus should be on productization, not development of more Supplements(use resources wisely)
+
* [[Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group]]  (update - Chris Carr -  15 min)
:* Geoff P.: Dormant profiles still take bandwidth and lowers credibility if there is "junk" hanging aroundAs such also a good idea for smaller domains as well.
+
**Many domains have already submitted infoSee wiki for complete listIf you have not yet submitted info, the domain should do so ASAPWill be picked up again after RSNA tradeshow.
:* Assessment is a good idea, just watch the danger of it becomes more than an assessment tool, as an end unto itself.
+
:* Switch PMM 6 and 7 states? Are these the right metrics?  What else can be used?
+
:* Currently voluntary for Co-Chairs to go update/use.  Will reassess after NA Connectathon.  Revisit at that point.
+
:* Action: Kevin to email link to doc with explanation to DCC.
+
  
 
===Documentation, Websites and Public Information===
 
===Documentation, Websites and Public Information===
 
* Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
 
* Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
 
:* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r2fgTpeoy1qD2jKGLuweSxf9hlxM3DWBGwFzAY3_BgI/edit NameSpace White paper] comments were due Nov 15th
 
:* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r2fgTpeoy1qD2jKGLuweSxf9hlxM3DWBGwFzAY3_BgI/edit NameSpace White paper] comments were due Nov 15th
::* Very little comment received so far. Extend deadline to Dec. 6.
+
::* One comment received so far (re. URNs). Extend deadline to Dec. 6.
 +
::* Domains should start thinking about/planning for how to gather NameSpace info for eventual implementation.
 
:* Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates
 
:* Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates
 +
::* New Supplement Template should be used for all 2012 Profiles!  Transaction based Supplement template, General Intro underway.
 
::* Cardiology has developed a good model for content module template in its CIRC profile. Teri will distribute for review and use as input for the content module template.
 
::* Cardiology has developed a good model for content module template in its CIRC profile. Teri will distribute for review and use as input for the content module template.
  
 
::* Discussed; everyone agreed that this is a better way forward.  Teri to email out to DCC.
 
::* Discussed; everyone agreed that this is a better way forward.  Teri to email out to DCC.
  
* FDA standards gathering initiative update (deferred)
+
* Update from Nov 17th CDA Training program in Oak Brook - over 35 people attended.  Given by Keith Boone/GE.  Focused on CDA documents, not IHE profiles.  IHE Content Profile Template discussed at length based on CIRC profile over lunch/breaks.
 
+
 
+
'''Documentation Workgroup Revised Plan:'''
+
(This will be documented on the DCC wiki page, but is presented here for discussion.)
+
  
Problem Stmt:  Trying to adopt all of the templates simultaneously is too aggressive and not all of the material is currently ready.
+
* FDA standards gathering initiative update (deferred).
+
A.) We recognize that the following items will not be ready:
+
:** 1. The NameSpace system will not be completed in time for the next round of supplement development.
+
:** 2. The Content Module Supplement (Section Z) will not be completed in time for the next round of supplement development.
+
:** 3. Possibly the General Introduction Appendix E (Profiling) and Appendix F (Integration Statements) may not be completed.
+
+
B.) We propose the following adoption process:
+
:** 1. Beginning January, 2012, any NEW Supplements will use the new Supplement Template (except for Content Module section, see C.3).
+
:** 2. Beginning January, 2012, any new Technical Framework will use the new Vol 1-4  templates (except for Content Module section, see C.3).
+
:** 3. The General Intro (aka Vol 0) will be published on the web and referencable (except Appendix E and F, see A.3).  Volume 0 will be updated as new Supplements are moved to Trial Implementation status.  The process for this is TBA.
+
+
C.) Proposed way forward includes:
+
:** 1. Existing Supplements do not need to be converted in this cycle, but conversion work can begin if desired.
+
:** 2. Existing Technical Frameworks do not need to be converted in this cycle, but conversion work can begin if desired.
+
:** 3. As a note, it is currently planned that the Content Module template will be partly based upon the Cardiology CIRC Profile.
+
:** 4. The timeframe for the required adoption of the new templates into existing published documents will be determined in the future.
+
  
 
===Governance Implementation===
 
===Governance Implementation===

Latest revision as of 15:42, 6 December 2011

Attendees

  • Sidrah Abdul (ASTRO)
  • Jürgen Brandstätter (Pharm)
  • Didi Davis (QRPH)
  • La Shawn Edwards (RSNA)
  • Ken Fuchs (PCD)
  • Mary Jungers (Doc Specialist)
  • Mary Kennedy (CAP)
  • Simon Letellier (Pharm)
  • Flora Lum (AA0)
  • Joan McMillen (RSNA)
  • Kevin O'Donnell (Rad)
  • LaVerne Palmer (HIMSS)
  • Geoff Pascoe (ITI)
  • Sondra Renly (Lab)
  • Celina Roth (HIMSS)
  • Jim St. Clair (HIMSS)
  • Antje Schroeder (Cardio)
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt (Process Specialist)
  • Jacqueline Surugue (Pharm)
  • Karen Witting (ITI)

Absent domains: Dental, Endoscopy.

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of October 25 Minutes; Nov. 8 minutes. - see Agenda or wiki for proper links. Motion by Kevin O; Second by Karen W on both. No absentions.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page (deferred)

4. Review Action Items List (deferred)

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestones (reminder - follow the link above for simple templates for announcements)

    • Input/use cases welcome from other imaging-oriented domains
  • ITI - Selected Profiles
  • Pharmacy call for proposals: Responses due Dec. 13. Goal is to participate in North American Connectathon 2013. Attempting to engage US and Canadian firms more. Currently uptake is in Europe.


2. Domain Milestone Dates

Doument reviewed. There are still several domains which have not completed this input to the publication cycle. QRPH is having problems with linear format. (they have several due dates). QRPH may have in the ballpark of 20 documents (many re-publishes) this cycle. AnaPath, RO (no call for proposals from PlanComm yet), Dental, Endoscopy not yet updated. Mary Jungers will verify there is a row for each domain.


3. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)

Pharmacy - delivery to board 11/30 Board_Report_IHE_Pharmacy-2011-11-21.doc Updates from previous DCC tcon made, per Jürgen. Cardiology - due to DCC 12/8 - Cardiology has already started.

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group (update - Chris Carr - 15 min)
    • Many domains have already submitted info. See wiki for complete list. If you have not yet submitted info, the domain should do so ASAP. Will be picked up again after RSNA tradeshow.

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
  • One comment received so far (re. URNs). Extend deadline to Dec. 6.
  • Domains should start thinking about/planning for how to gather NameSpace info for eventual implementation.
  • Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates
  • New Supplement Template should be used for all 2012 Profiles! Transaction based Supplement template, General Intro underway.
  • Cardiology has developed a good model for content module template in its CIRC profile. Teri will distribute for review and use as input for the content module template.
  • Discussed; everyone agreed that this is a better way forward. Teri to email out to DCC.
  • Update from Nov 17th CDA Training program in Oak Brook - over 35 people attended. Given by Keith Boone/GE. Focused on CDA documents, not IHE profiles. IHE Content Profile Template discussed at length based on CIRC profile over lunch/breaks.
  • FDA standards gathering initiative update (deferred).

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Call Dec. 6, 2011

Domain Coordination Committee

Minutes