Difference between revisions of "IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2011-11-22"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Domain Coordination Issues)
(Documentation, Websites and Public Information)
Line 69: Line 69:
 
* Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
 
* Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
 
:* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r2fgTpeoy1qD2jKGLuweSxf9hlxM3DWBGwFzAY3_BgI/edit NameSpace White paper] comments were due Nov 15th
 
:* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r2fgTpeoy1qD2jKGLuweSxf9hlxM3DWBGwFzAY3_BgI/edit NameSpace White paper] comments were due Nov 15th
::* Very little comment received so far. Extend deadline to Dec. 6.
+
::* No comments received so far. Extend deadline to Dec. 6.
 +
::* Domains should start thinking about/planning for how to gather NameSpace info for eventual implementation.
 
:* Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates
 
:* Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates
 +
::* New Supplement Template should be used for all 2012 Profiles!  Transaction based Supplement template, General Intro underway.
 
::* Cardiology has developed a good model for content module template in its CIRC profile. Teri will distribute for review and use as input for the content module template.
 
::* Cardiology has developed a good model for content module template in its CIRC profile. Teri will distribute for review and use as input for the content module template.
  
 
::* Discussed; everyone agreed that this is a better way forward.  Teri to email out to DCC.
 
::* Discussed; everyone agreed that this is a better way forward.  Teri to email out to DCC.
  
* FDA standards gathering initiative update (deferred)
+
* FDA standards gathering initiative update (deferred).
 
+
 
+
'''Documentation Workgroup Revised Plan:'''
+
(This will be documented on the DCC wiki page, but is presented here for discussion.)
+
 
+
Problem Stmt:  Trying to adopt all of the templates simultaneously is too aggressive and not all of the material is currently ready.
+
+
A.) We recognize that the following items will not be ready:
+
:** 1. The NameSpace system will not be completed in time for the next round of supplement development.
+
:** 2. The Content Module Supplement (Section Z) will not be completed in time for the next round of supplement development.
+
:** 3. Possibly the General Introduction Appendix E (Profiling) and Appendix F (Integration Statements) may not be completed.
+
+
B.) We propose the following adoption process:
+
:** 1. Beginning January, 2012, any NEW Supplements will use the new Supplement Template (except for Content Module section, see C.3).
+
:** 2. Beginning January, 2012, any new Technical Framework will use the new Vol 1-4  templates (except for Content Module section, see C.3).
+
:** 3. The General Intro (aka Vol 0) will be published on the web and referencable (except Appendix E and F, see A.3).  Volume 0 will be updated as new Supplements are moved to Trial Implementation status.  The process for this is TBA.
+
+
C.) Proposed way forward includes:
+
:** 1. Existing Supplements do not need to be converted in this cycle, but conversion work can begin if desired.
+
:** 2. Existing Technical Frameworks do not need to be converted in this cycle, but conversion work can begin if desired.
+
:** 3. As a note, it is currently planned that the Content Module template will be partly based upon the Cardiology CIRC Profile.
+
:** 4. The timeframe for the required adoption of the new templates into existing published documents will be determined in the future.
+
  
 
===Governance Implementation===
 
===Governance Implementation===

Revision as of 14:58, 22 November 2011

Attendees

  • Ken Fuchs
  • Flora Lum
  • Joan McMillen
  • Karen Witting
  • LaVerne Palmer
  • Mary Jungers
  • Mary Kennedy
  • Simon Letellier (Pharmacy)
  • Jacqueline Surugue
  • Sondra Renly (lab tc)
  • Antje Schroeder
  • Celina Roth
  • Geoff Pascoe
  • Kevin O'Donnell
  • Sidrah Abdul
  • Teri Schippel Schmidt
  • Jim St. Clair
  • Did Davis
  • La Shawn Edwards

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of October 25 Minutes; Nov. 8 minutes. - see Agenda or wiki for proper links. Motion by Kevin O; Second by Karen W on both. No absentions.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page (deferred)

4. Review Action Items List (deferred)

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestones (reminder - follow the link above for simple templates for announcements)

    • Input/use cases welcome from other imaging-oriented domains
  • ITI - Selected Profiles
  • Pharmacy call for proposals: Responses due Dec. 13. Goal is to participate in North American Connectathon 2013. Attempting to engage US and Canadian firms more. Currently uptake is in Europe.


2. Domain Milestone Dates

Doument reviewed. There are still several domains which have not completed this input to the publication cycle. QRPH is having problems with linear format. (they have several due dates). QRPH may have in the ballpark of 20 documents (many re-publishes) this cycle. AnaPath, RO (no call for proposals from PlanComm yet), Dental, Endoscopy not yet updated. Mary Jungers will verify there is a row for each domain.


3. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)

Pharmacy - delivery to board 11/30 Board_Report_IHE_Pharmacy-2011-11-21.doc Updates from previous DCC tcon made, per Jurgen. Cardiology - due to DCC 12/8 - Cardiology has already started.

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group (update - Chris Carr - 15 min)
    • Many domains have already submitted info. See wiki for complete list. If you have not yet submitted info, the domain should do so ASAP. Will be picked up again after RSNA tradeshow.

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
  • No comments received so far. Extend deadline to Dec. 6.
  • Domains should start thinking about/planning for how to gather NameSpace info for eventual implementation.
  • Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates
  • New Supplement Template should be used for all 2012 Profiles! Transaction based Supplement template, General Intro underway.
  • Cardiology has developed a good model for content module template in its CIRC profile. Teri will distribute for review and use as input for the content module template.
  • Discussed; everyone agreed that this is a better way forward. Teri to email out to DCC.
  • FDA standards gathering initiative update (deferred).

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Call Dec. 6, 2011

Domain Coordination Committee

Minutes