Difference between revisions of "IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2010-03-16 Teleconference Minutes"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(15 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 11: Line 11:
 
* Mike Nusbaum (ITI Plan)
 
* Mike Nusbaum (ITI Plan)
 
* Rick Butler (EC TC)
 
* Rick Butler (EC TC)
* Rob Horn (Agfa)
+
* Rob Horn (ITI Tech)
 
* Sondra Renly (Lab TC)
 
* Sondra Renly (Lab TC)
 
* Steve Merritt (PCD PC)
 
* Steve Merritt (PCD PC)
Line 41: Line 41:
 
** no specific review requested
 
** no specific review requested
  
 +
* '''LAB - Call for Profile Proposals'''
 +
:* Plan to schedule profile development meeting this summer (in Chicago)
 +
 +
* '''RO - Issuing RFP for Test Tools'''
 +
:* Dose Compositing and Treatment Delivery Workflow Profiles
 +
 +
* '''PCC - Perinatal Workflow Profile Published for Public Comment'''
 +
:* Comments due April 15
 +
 +
* '''QRPH - meeting April 25 to review Diabetes White Paper; will issue for public comment'''
  
 
* [[Domain Milestone Dates]]
 
* [[Domain Milestone Dates]]
Line 46: Line 56:
 
===Domain Coordination Issues===
 
===Domain Coordination Issues===
  
 +
* '''ITI Strategic Planning Process'''
 +
:* Effort to rationalize solicitation of profiles to support needs of other domains
 +
::* Initial goal: adopt at least one profile proposal to support another domain
 +
:* Establish liaison relationships with other domains and national deployment committees
 +
:* Developing educational presentation for other committees
 +
:* ITI Liaisons will communicate with domains by early April
 +
:* Meeting next week to complete designation of liaisons
 +
:* Communication will focus on how ITI's long-range planning can meet broader domain and deployment needs
  
 
===Documentation, Websites and Public Information===
 
===Documentation, Websites and Public Information===
 +
 +
* Namespace Process
 +
:* Rob Horn presented information on ISO RFC 2434 process for assigning consistent values and interpretations
 +
:* RFC 3406 defines structure of URNs; eg ISBN numbers
 +
:* A namespace domain provides unique identifiers within defined domain
 +
:* Need to obtain namespace from Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and Internet Agency for Number Assignment (IANA)
 +
::* Define the process by which numbers will be assigned and tracked
 +
::* Define what kinds of resources will be identified
 +
::* Define what kinds of services will be supported
 +
:* IHE naming model: committee name/year of assignment/document name
 +
:* DCC to take committee responsibility for oversight of process
 +
:* Designate a Librarian (and backup) to manage
 +
::* Update data dictionary at time of Trial Implementation?
 +
:* Need a spreadsheet with four columns
 +
::* urn name
 +
::* description, including citation
 +
::* status
 +
:* Process for reporting to DCC
 +
::* Authors responsible for assigning terminal string
 +
:* '''<Action Item>''': Rob Horn will write up description of resources and services
 +
:* '''<Action Item>''': Chris Carr will work with sponsors to name librarian and back up
 +
:* '''<Action Item>''': Chris Carr will develop spreadsheet and a few paragraphs of text describing process for curating URNs
 +
:* '''<Action Item>''': Rob and Chris to present proposed materials to DCC on April 13
  
 
* Review Draft Domain [[Board Reports]]
 
* Review Draft Domain [[Board Reports]]
 
:* [ftp://iheyr2@ftp.ihe.net/Board/DomainReports/Board_Report_IHE_Cardiology-2010-01-28-PC-review.docx Cardiology]
 
:* [ftp://iheyr2@ftp.ihe.net/Board/DomainReports/Board_Report_IHE_Cardiology-2010-01-28-PC-review.docx Cardiology]
 
+
::* Ready for presentation to the IHE Board;
 +
::* '''<Action Item>''': Chris Carr will add to April Board agenda
  
 
* [[Patent Disclaimer| Patent Disclaimer Language for Supplements and Technical Frameworks]]
 
* [[Patent Disclaimer| Patent Disclaimer Language for Supplements and Technical Frameworks]]
 +
:* '''<Action Item>''': Chris Carr to add link to Patent Disclosure form to www.ihe.net/governance
 +
:* Make clear on Patent Disclosure Process page that duty to disclose applies only to patents held by company
 +
:* Fix links on Announcement Slides; create redirect at www.ihe.net/patent
  
 
===Next Meeting===
 
===Next Meeting===
 
* March 30, 9:00am - 10:30am
 
* March 30, 9:00am - 10:30am
 
* Agenda Items:
 
* Agenda Items:
 +
:* Review and reconciliation of supplement templates including patent disclaimers
  
  

Latest revision as of 23:06, 12 April 2010

Attendees

  • Chris Carr (RSNA)
  • Joan McMillen (RSNA)
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo (RSNA)
  • Bruce Curran (RO)
  • Jason Colquitt (QRPH)
  • John Rhoades (PCD Tech)
  • Karen Witting (ITI Tech)
  • Michael McCoy (PCC Plan)
  • Mike Nusbaum (ITI Plan)
  • Rick Butler (EC TC)
  • Rob Horn (ITI Tech)
  • Sondra Renly (Lab TC)
  • Steve Merritt (PCD PC)
  • Todd Cooper (PCD TC)
  • Tom Dolan (IHE-C)
  • Tone Southerland (PCC Tech)

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Approved unanimously

3. Schedule Future Agenda Topics for future meetings

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

  • RAD - Opening Public Comment
    • Chest X-Ray CAD Display (CXCAD) - Specifies how DICOM Chest CAD evidence objects are applied to images for display. Follows similar material in Mammo profile.
    • Deadline: 2010-04-01 (Meeting starts April 6)
    • no specific review requested
  • LAB - Call for Profile Proposals
  • Plan to schedule profile development meeting this summer (in Chicago)
  • RO - Issuing RFP for Test Tools
  • Dose Compositing and Treatment Delivery Workflow Profiles
  • PCC - Perinatal Workflow Profile Published for Public Comment
  • Comments due April 15
  • QRPH - meeting April 25 to review Diabetes White Paper; will issue for public comment

Domain Coordination Issues

  • ITI Strategic Planning Process
  • Effort to rationalize solicitation of profiles to support needs of other domains
  • Initial goal: adopt at least one profile proposal to support another domain
  • Establish liaison relationships with other domains and national deployment committees
  • Developing educational presentation for other committees
  • ITI Liaisons will communicate with domains by early April
  • Meeting next week to complete designation of liaisons
  • Communication will focus on how ITI's long-range planning can meet broader domain and deployment needs

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Namespace Process
  • Rob Horn presented information on ISO RFC 2434 process for assigning consistent values and interpretations
  • RFC 3406 defines structure of URNs; eg ISBN numbers
  • A namespace domain provides unique identifiers within defined domain
  • Need to obtain namespace from Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and Internet Agency for Number Assignment (IANA)
  • Define the process by which numbers will be assigned and tracked
  • Define what kinds of resources will be identified
  • Define what kinds of services will be supported
  • IHE naming model: committee name/year of assignment/document name
  • DCC to take committee responsibility for oversight of process
  • Designate a Librarian (and backup) to manage
  • Update data dictionary at time of Trial Implementation?
  • Need a spreadsheet with four columns
  • urn name
  • description, including citation
  • status
  • Process for reporting to DCC
  • Authors responsible for assigning terminal string
  • <Action Item>: Rob Horn will write up description of resources and services
  • <Action Item>: Chris Carr will work with sponsors to name librarian and back up
  • <Action Item>: Chris Carr will develop spreadsheet and a few paragraphs of text describing process for curating URNs
  • <Action Item>: Rob and Chris to present proposed materials to DCC on April 13
  • Ready for presentation to the IHE Board;
  • <Action Item>: Chris Carr will add to April Board agenda
  • <Action Item>: Chris Carr to add link to Patent Disclosure form to www.ihe.net/governance
  • Make clear on Patent Disclosure Process page that duty to disclose applies only to patents held by company
  • Fix links on Announcement Slides; create redirect at www.ihe.net/patent

Next Meeting

  • March 30, 9:00am - 10:30am
  • Agenda Items:
  • Review and reconciliation of supplement templates including patent disclaimers


Domain Coordination Committee