IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-06-09 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 16:33, 11 June 2009 by Chrisdcarr (Talk | contribs) (9. Next steps and New Actions Items)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Rick Butler - Eye Care Tech
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • John Donnelly - PCC Plan
  • Ana Estelrich - QRPH Plan
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
  • Chris Lindop - Radiology Tech
  • Flora Lum, MD - Eye Care Plan
  • Mike McCoy, MD - PCC Plan
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Plan
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Steve Moore - MIR
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Chris Carr - RSNA


1. General Committee Business

2. New Business: from Domain Coord - Future Agenda Topics Page

3. Review Action Items List

4. Domain Milestone Announcements

  • ITI will move XDS.b to Final Text with the August 2009 TF release
  • ITI released for public comment: (Comments due by July 1)
  • Document Metadata Subscription (DSUB)
  • Multi-Patient Queries (MPQ)
  • Retrieve Form for Data Capture (RFD)
  • Cross-Community Patient Discovery (XCPD)
  • White Paper: Access Control
  • White Paper: A Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) View of IHE Profiles
  • No domain specific feedback requested
  • QRPH released for public comment: (comments due July 6)
  • Clinical Research Data Capture (CRD)
  • Drug Safety Content (DSC)
  • Mother and Child Health (MCH)
  • Retrieve Protocol for Execution (RPE)
  • White Paper: Newborn Screening
  • Additional White Papers due June 30:
  • Chronic Disease Management (was planned as profile); will require CP on PCC profile; Vassil Peytchev will propose
  • Performance Quality Report: status uncertain; dependent on work going on in HITSP and NQF
  • Pseudonymization: Ana Estelrich working with author; status uncertain, possible for June 30
  • PCC and PCD publications will be described in detail on June 23 tcon

5. Domain Coordination Issues

  • ITI Change Proposals with potential impact on other domains:
  • CP 426 deprecates XDS.a; removes some references others will be changed later
  • CP 421 breakup of ITI Volume 2 into four separate documents: other domains will need to change references
  • Cross Domain Dependencies - 1.5 years ago a table of cross-domain dependencies was started (see Cross_Domain_Dependencies beware, out of date material there). Does IHE need this type of information? If yes, how should it be created and managed?
  • We need a table of dependencies referenced between domains
  • Each domain would maintain its own dependencies table
  • Would inform profile editors what ripple effects would be caused by changes to profiles
  • May lend itself to a Google Spreadsheet with multiple tabs
  • Producing a single, searchable repository of all technical frameworks would facilitate discovery of dependencies
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to develop spreadsheet based on existing draft table and share with Karen Witting and Kevin O'Donnell for review
  • Review of updates to CP Process page (made January 2009) pursuant to Action Item.
  • Decide whether updates should be accepted as standard procedure or left to domain discretion.
  • Standard procedure includes file version codes of FT and IN to indicate CPs that have reached the Final Text and Incorporated states respectively

the update adds codes RJ, CA and CM for CPs that have reached the Rejected, Cancelled and Complete (for ballot) states. the update clarifies <version #> as "starting at 00 and incrementing for each revision of the CP including when it is sent back to Assigned due to comments in ballot".

  • CP Publication advice request from Radiology

6. Webinar Series - Kick off Webinar, June 11, 1-2pm CDT

  • Radiology scheduled for June 25 (may conflict with DICOM WG6)
  • Chris Carr and Lisa Spellman to consult with Domain Planning Committee Co-chairs to schedule and plan remaining Webinars

7. Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • ITI Report Due for IHE Board meeting
  • Chris Carr will consult with Charles Parisot and Mike Nusbaum about providing
  • Add PCC Report to next Board Agenda: John Donnelly will prepare

8. Governance Implementation

  • Patent disclosure process and materials
  • Chris Carr to update current draft of Patent Disclosure Process and supply related materials for review by Board and implementation by Secretaries

9. Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next call, Tues., June 23, 9-10:30am CDT
  • Add to agenda:
  • Vote on CP Process
  • Call to non-participating domains

Domain Coordination Committee