IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-03-17 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


  • Rick Butler - Eye Care Tech
  • Imran Chaudhri - Eye Care Tech
  • Jason Colquitt - QRPH Tech
  • Todd Cooper - PCD Tech
  • Patty Craig - QRPH Plan
  • Ana Esterlich - QRPH Plan
  • Steve Merrit - PCD PC
  • Manuel Metz - ITI Tech
  • Bill Majurski - ITI Tech (Guest)
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Plan
  • John Rhoads - PCD Tech
  • Tone Southerland - PCC Tech
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA


General Committee Business

1. Roll Call

2. Approval of Feb. 17 and March 3 teleconference minutes

  • Minutes from Feb. 17 and March 3 teleconferences approved as amended

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • Advanced Security Cookbook and URN Namespace items to 2009-03-31 meeting

4. Review Action Items List

  • Secretary to sort by date for future reference

Domain Milestone Announcements

1. Radiology Opening Public Comment

  • Publication Plan: March 22, Comment Deadline: May 1

2. Laboratory Opening Public Comment

  • Publication Plan: April 3, Comment Deadline: May 4
  • Inter-Laboratory Workflow This is the Word draft currently reviewed by LAB committee. The final pdf will be handed to Chris on March 26, for publication on ihe.net on April 3.

3. Radiation Oncology Public Comment

4. Review/Update Supplements In-Progress

Domain Coordination Issues

1. HL7 Review Task Force

  • Group drafting new appendix needs to have document prepared for review by 2009-05-01
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to organize call with Vassil Peytchev, Yonjian Bao and others to review progress and set next steps

2. RO vs R2 (R+, etc.)

  • Currently there is a table circulating summarizing the overlap and differences in the way these various optionality designations are used
  • Task group needs to develop narrative text describing application of optionality designations and decide whether to combine or eliminate any
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to organize call with task group working on the problem (Rob Horn, Kevin O'Donnell, Frank Oemig, etc.)

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Proposed IT Infrastructure Technical Frameworks page as model - Karen Witting and Manuel Metz

2. Domain Board Report Template and Schedule - Joan McMillen and Chris Carr

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

Next Tcon: Tues, March 31, 9-10:30am CT

Domain Coordination Committee