IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2008-08-04 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Manuel Metz,Karen Witting, Todd Cooper, Francois Macary, Ken Fuchs, John Donnelly, Richard Kasama, PhD, Floyd Eisenberg, PhD, Ana Estelrich, Mike Schmidt, Steve Moore, Bruce Curran, MD, Keith Boone, Didi Davis, Lisa Spellman, Nichole Drye-Mayo

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call

2. Approval of Minutes - Minutes approved unanimously.

3. Schedule Future Agenda Topics for upcoming meetings, as appropriate.

4. Review previous action items

Domain Coordination Checkpoints

  • ITI
    • Publishing Final Text: Appendix V, ITI-18, XDM, XUA, BPPC, XDS-SD
      • <link to evaluation results?>
      • Will be published in three phases:
        • 8/15 - release of new 2008 TI Supplements
        • 9/1 - release of updated TI Supplements
        • 10/6 - release of Version 5.0 of ITI Technical Framework
  • Lab
    • Action - Technical Framework Volumes 3 and 4 will be published by August 11.
  • R2 Definitions
    • Action - PCC will invite QRPH to participate in a call on 14th to further discuss. Keith Boone will produce document August 18 to be discussed on next DCC call, August 19.

Domain Coordination Issues

1. Domain Timeline Coordination

  • We were unsuccessful at pacing public comment in 2007-2008.
  • March (2 docs - RAD), April (none), May (none) June (18 docs - ITI, PCC, PCD, QRPH)
  • Lets coordinate 2008-2009 timelines.
  • Action - All domain co-chairs along with secretariats need to update the 2008-2009 timeline.
  • Change column header to publish current year trial implementation and add a new column to this table republish previous years trial implementations.

2. Review Lab Vol 3

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Implementation support material

  • How to make it easily available for developers
  • IHE Connectathon registration opens August 26 and closes September 30.
  • Specialized part of the wiki ordered by domain and profile? (e.g. the Implementation section of the Wiki)
  • Action - Update template we use for implementation page to make cross links to domain pages.
  • Domain co-chairs need to edit the implementation page and add the bullet links to the domain pages.
  • Suggestion from ITI Tech to facilitate access to support material for developers (WSDLs, schemas, examples). Example at ftp:/ftp.ihe.net/TF_Support_Material

2. List domain tool kits. Provide links that vendors new to the IHE process can reference.

3. Recruitment message for clinicians to participate in Domain Committees

4. Process refinements to encourage and facilitate clinical participation

Governance Implementation

1. Develop process for inviting experts to domain committee meeting. A Wiki page and draft strawman will be created, by sponsors, for review on August 19 call.

2. Vote on proposal to change the way the pluses are used in rosters for voting purposes.

Example http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=ITI_Technical_Committee_Roster

3. IHE Membership Requirements

  • Review of requirements
  • Schedule update of rosters
    • All members of rosters should now be representing an IHE Member Organization
    • IHE Membership went live in January. We've allowed a 6 month grace period.
    • Suggested Action: Each Committee Secretary to update roster for next meeting and work with cochairs to remind/encourage laggard members.

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • August 19, 10am - 11am CDT

Domain Coordination Committee