GDC Minutes 2016-02-01

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Participants
  • Jürgen Brandstätter
  • Mike Nusbaum
  • Chris Carr
  • Jamie Kontos
  • Stephane Spahni
  • Charles Parisot
  • Approval of agenda
  • Approved

Report on e-HealthWeek program planning

  • by Jürgen
  • Action item: Re-ask about status (Jürgen)

WS Program planning - current status

  • Open issues preventing from publishing
  • 1) EU keynote speech not yet confirmed by Gerald Cultot
  • 2) Panel 6 needs to be defined
  • 3) Title and abstracts of all panels need to be finalized

WS Program planning

  • Group work
  • New panel chair for Panel 5
  • Chris Carr instead of Mike Nusbaum
  • Panel 6
  • Proposed topic by Jürgen: IHE methodology – makes its way?
  • Abstract: Standards are the basis for interoperability, but the IHE methodology to profile such standards is an essential complementary for making use-cases interoperable in “real”. Originating from healthcare it has been already successfully applied in the healthcare IT sector, but does it also have the ability to serve for other domains as healthcare as well? Actually it has! This panel discusses the question, where and how the IHE methodology, as an approved ISO standard, made its way into other verticals and domains.
  • Decision: The topic is strategically important, but not suitable for the IHE World Summit (since its in conjunction with the e-HealthWeek we expect mostly Healthcare audience)
  • Proposed topic by Charles: Something about mobile Health
  • Decision: Suitable topic, needs someone to work it out
  • We ask Didi Davis for chairing
  • Action item: EMail to Didi (Jürgen)
  • Action item: Create instructions for panel chairs (Jürgen)
  • New version of program:

Starting marketing

  • Registration is already open, we need to start marketing
  • Global marketing
  • Action item: Creating a marketing message on the IHE channels this week (Chris Carr)
  • Marketing on national level
  • National Deployment Committees should be informed/triggered etc.
  • Action item: Inform/Activate/instruct DCs (Jürgen)
  • Sponsors
  • We've got asked by HIMSS if we can generate some sponsors. They should be routed to them.
  • How shall we fish for sponsors (formally, informal, ...)?
  • Decision: informal

Any other business

  • None

Next meeting

  • Feb 8, 2016, 2pm - 3pm CT (= 21:00 Paris time)

Global Deployment Coordination Committee