GDC Minutes 2015-07-14
From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 10:05, 14 July 2015 by Juergenbrandstaetter (Created page with "== Welcome == * Participants :* Jürgen Brandstätter :* Mike Nusbaum :* Jamie Kontos :* Nichole Drye-Mayo :* Evert Sanders :* Joan McMillen :* Harm-Jan Wessels :* Chris Carr :*...")
- Jürgen Brandstätter
- Mike Nusbaum
- Jamie Kontos
- Nichole Drye-Mayo
- Evert Sanders
- Joan McMillen
- Harm-Jan Wessels
- Chris Carr
- Stephane Spahni
- Charles Parisot
- Lapo Bertini
- Review and Approve Agenda
Strategic questions (Continued)
- How does it fit to CATs, HIMSS or other regional IHE events?
- Basic decision between two variants:
- Variant 1: Single (global) WS per year, hosted by a region responsible for 2/3 of the audience and a program which is principally global but with some regional hot-spots, with a single global organization team
- Supporters: Charles, Jürgen, Mike, Stephane, Harm-Jan, Chris, Evert, Joyce, Lapo, Joan
- Variant 2: Several (regional) WS per year, each hosted by a region with a regional program and different organizational teams (e.g. combined with regional CATs, etc.)
- Supporters: -
- Stephane: Doing the WS combined with a non-IHE event (e.g. eHealth Week, etc.) we could draw additional audience to IHE
- Harm-Jan: Agrees, bigger surrounding events (e.g. HIMSS, RSNA) are not preferred, because competition of the surrounding non-IHE event program with the WS program is a problem. Board meetings should be combined also to the WS to generate synergy.
- Chris: More than 1 WS per year is too much. Associating with CATs should be kept definitely as an option, also to increase global attendance at a CAT. Agrees to Harm-Jan that bigger surrounding non-IHE events are a problem.
- Decision: Variant 1
- What purpose and character should it have to make sense?
- Not discussed
- Possible dates/locations?
- Opportunity 1: eHealth week in Amsterdam http://www.ehealthweek.org
- Report of offline possibility check
- HIMSS is coordinating of the program planning for the e-Health week, which has several stakeholders: EC, Dutch government, WoHIT, etc.
- Sean Roberts is the right contact for this check. He routed us to his team members for working this out
- Principally we were received friendly as a good enrichment of the e-Health week program
- All variants are possible:
- (1) Tightly coupled: embedded in e-Health week as own track during the period the e-Health week takes place
- (2) Loosely coupled: before or after, etc.
- Currently check, if meeting room is available
- Pricing: All possible: bundled pricing, separate pricing
- Principall decision of GDC community needed, followed by detailed negotiations
- Joyce: Will be included in all communication to this topic to support within HIMSS
- Question: Tightly or loosely coupled
- Stephane: Tightly coupled has the advantage to draw "foreign" people to IHE
- Mike: Agrees, but pricing must include a reduced fee for "WS only"
- Charles: Possible "program competition" is depending on the length of the WS. Especially between 8-10 conflicts are easily possible.
- Decided preferences
- WS length: 1,5 days
- The group empowers the provisional working team (Evert, Jürgen, Mike, Joyce, + open for others) with evaluating options and coming back with recommendations
- Overlapping / Partial overlapping / Decoupled
- Pricing options
- Financial risks
- 1) Continuation of World Summit concept: Single (global) WS per year, hosted by a region responsible for 2/3 of the audience and a program which is principally global but with some regional hot-spots, with a single global organization team
- 2) Provisional working team continues to investigate e-Health week as candidate for WS 2016
- This discussion continues at: will be called in by the provisional working team