GDC Agenda 2015-06-30
From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 07:54, 30 June 2015 by Juergenbrandstaetter
- Review and Approve Agenda
World Summit Status Quo
- The World Summit could be the one “truly international” IHE event to give IHE an international touching base.
- A spot to "meet" and "feel" IHE
- Bring people together and create communication
- Among IHE Deployment Committees
- Between IHE people and IHE-interested parties (gov, projects, ...)
- Demonstrate the "excellence" of IHE
- Raise the image and reputation of IHE
- Celebrate ourselves
- Let participants from Deployment Committees feel as an "IHE Family"
- Strategy to fulfill the mission
- Provide a high-class program, venue and atmosphere
- Not "Working Group Meeting" character
- To attract high-class speakers, IHE champions and audience
- Past events
- Successfully held in Istanbul 2013
- Two times cancelled in 2014 (Orlando, Chicago)
- Skipped for 2015
- Next time 2016?
- Event concept (in Istanbul)
- Key notes held by IHE Internals + Panel sessions to certain topics + Social events included (even hotel booking)
- Panellists were recruited out of participants -> no additional costs, no blocking because of waiting for speaker confirmation
- People felt convenient and not just as listener but a kind of "active part of the community" -> teambuilding factor ("we are IHE family")
- Lessons learned
- Start to plan and announce early
- Having good marketing and communication
- Liaison organizations must be used for marketing (HL7, ISO, ...)
- For cost coverage: 70% of the audience must be activated by the region, rest can be filled international
- Deployment Committees must be strongly enchoraged to activate their members
- IHE people have to be treated same as external participants (no bonus for the "own" event)
- Organizing team must be solid, champion needed to lead!
- A lot of work -> financing concept is needed
- Do we need such an event?
- How does it fit to CATs, HIMSS or other regional IHE events?
- What purpose and character should it have to make sense?
- Possible dates/locations?
- Which region (Europe, US, Asia, ...)?
- Opportunity 1: eHealth week in Amsterdam http://www.ehealthweek.org
- Jun 8-10, 2016 (Wed-Fri) -> we could place it Mon/Tue
- Q: Other surrounding events conflicting?