FHIR Resources for MMM
FHIR resources for MMA
Functional resources – transaction content
- Get medications for a patient: medicationRequest http://build.fhir.org/medicationrequest.html
- Must have a specific parameter (medicationRequest.intent or other) to select only the lists of administrations planned, not the prescriptions and encoded orders, etc.
- Search criteria:
- Date of administration
- Send report of administration: medicationAdministration http://build.fhir.org/medicationadministration.html
- Must include non-administrations, as well as other information
- Do we include perfusion administration?
- Do we need to differentiate already-dispensed medication with to-be-dispensed medication? Suggestion: perhaps we later have to append a “dispense” resource.
- Later: Delivery and not administration (supplyDelivery? Dispense?)
- Later: consume 2 items to administer only 1.
Technical transport: How to get information from server to client
- Option 1: REST PULL
- Nurse app must retrieve the medication administrations planned for the treatment.
- Search parameters in medicationRequest , search criteria same as above:
- GET, https://www.hl7.org/fhir/medicationorder.html#search
Possible gap: how can we search for only this nurse? It is not in the search criteria. So..
- Client filtering from getting all records from all nurses
- IHE search extension
- Core: medicationrequest.Performer would be the best (not DispenseRequest.Performer).
IHE can add search parameters, but we will align with HL7 first. Gap: Query on date of planned administration – should be part of the search criteria. IHE extension or FHIR Core. Will propose and align.
- Option 2: Subscription
Search criteria are the same above Use http://build.fhir.org/subscription.html PUSH mechanism: Messaging or email. For messaging, we add messageheader. https://www.hl7.org/fhir/messageheader.html Question: how to handle these transport mechanisms? Jose will ask how ITI is handling it so far.