Difference between revisions of "Enhanced SOLE for AI"
m (→5. Discussion)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
a : to the and to .
the IHE to
is the .
Revision as of 12:24, 24 June 2022
1. Proposed Workitem: Enhanced SOLE for AI
- Proposal Editor: Chris Lindop, Neil Tenenholtz, Rob Horn, Brian Bialecki
- Editor: <Name of candidate Lead Editor for the Profile, if known>
- Date: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Version: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Domain: <Domain name Radiology
2. The Problem
Healthcare providers have a strong desire to increase throughput and efficiency, both to improve the quality and timeliness of care and to control costs which include:
- Workflow restructuring/optimization (existing in SOLE)
- Disaster support/readiness (existing in SOLE)
- Performance tracking and bottleneck identification (extended)
- Resource allocation for new machines, upgrades (new)
- Software/Network Fault isolation/troubleshooting (new)
3. Key Use Case
A study is acquired. An Orchestrator/Task Manager invokes one or more applications. I need to know:
- Right-size the resources for an AI Application
- Allocate the resource allocation to optimize the algorithm performance
- How much CPU, what kind of accelerator, memory, bandwidth storage
- What is the uptime, latency, requests/algorithm utilization
- How to troubleshoot a problem
- Licensing deployment model assessment
4. Standards and Systems
SOLE, Standardize Operational Logging of Events
W3C Trace Context
- / www.w3.org/TR/trace-context-1 (V1, status: recommendation)
- / w3c.github.io/trace-context (v2, status: draft)
- This proposal is a result of an ad hoc committee formed within IHE/ACR to address “CP-458 SOLE: Add events to support AIR and AIW-I”. #Detailed proposed changes were initially discussed as part of the IHE Maintenance and to be included in this workitem.
- With many proprietary methods available today and W3C developing the common standard, the timing is good for IHE to converge on promoting a single industry-wide method that benefits community at large.
- Technical Approach is to include the existing actors/transactions in SOLE with enhancements that address the AI workflow and used case outlined earlier.
Risks, Open Issues
- What to do about non-http transports. (out-of-scope?)