Difference between revisions of "DEV Joint 2020-06-24 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Participants)
(Discussion)
Line 146: Line 146:
 
:9.  Other Business
 
:9.  Other Business
 
:- Tiger Team update
 
:- Tiger Team update
::- Todd presented slides on the Tiger Team report out detailing several areas of progress (such as New roster(s), One Domain, Three Program Areas, governance,  recurrence of meetings and a single TF) all aimed to make their more clear, more consistent and simplified. Next Actions: Will need to finalize domain leadership, finish standing up programs, update wiki & web content, sync IHE Devices TF 2020 edition, update TF supplements with new organization and update IHE International Governance. A copy of the slides may be found here:
+
::- Todd presented slides on the Tiger Team report out detailing several areas of progress (such as New roster(s), One Domain, Three Program Areas, governance,  recurrence of meetings and a single TF) all aimed to make their more clear, more consistent and simplified. Next Actions: Will need to finalize domain leadership, finish standing up programs, update wiki & web content, sync IHE Devices TF 2020 edition, update TF supplements with new organization and update IHE International Governance. A copy of the slides may be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6bX_VYa_24-f6i_6mDWRaygNGZsCpcK/view?usp=sharing
 
:::- No further comments or questions to Todd. Todd further noted that this has been vetted with the Board and DCC level adn they liked it. He expects that this will move forward quickly.  
 
:::- No further comments or questions to Todd. Todd further noted that this has been vetted with the Board and DCC level adn they liked it. He expects that this will move forward quickly.  
  

Revision as of 15:09, 29 June 2020

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint DEV Domain Meeting (PCD, PCH, DPi): At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

WebEx Information

Topic: Joint DEV Domain Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

- Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
- Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: DEV Joint 2020-05-27 Webex
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
Quiet Hospital
New Profiles
7. DEV Action Item Review
8. Programs activities
- PCD
- PCH
- DPi
9. Other Business
- Tiger Team update
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- Dev Cochair July 21, 2020
- Dev Domain July 22, 2020

Action Items from Previous Meetings

None currently

See DEV Planning Committee Action Items and DEV Technical Committee Action Items

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Cochairs: Kurt Elliason, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Todd Cooper, Rob Wilder
Technical Project Manager: Michael J. Kirwan
Chair: Kurt Elliason
Guests: John Garguillo, Monroe Pattillo, Isabel Tejero(FDA), Paul Schluter, Christophe FOURNIE

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
- Kurt led today's discussion. No further additions to the agenda noted, the agenda was approved.
- Reviewed discussion/meeting summary from last month.

placeholder

3. Standards Coordination
- Isabel introduced herself to the group noting that she will be the FDA liaison with the IHE DEV group going forward. She is looking forward to helping to harmonize efforts across IHE and IEEE 11073.
- Paul noted their recent progress with Nomenclature, specifically ventilator vocabulary and their ability to adopt and support additional concerns. All is going well. He also noted that they a wrapping up on -10101B now.
- Thom noted further progress on the Information Model for IEEE (10208) which is aimed to simplify the model for devices compliant to 11073. He also noted that the Bluetooth generic health sensor profile/service is also moving forward. The Bluetooth SIG will vote on this new work proposal next Tuesday, June 30th. The new profile and service will use Bluetooth LE to communicate IEEE 11073 data over GATT.
4. Ballots - None currently
- No ballots open for DEV domain.
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
- Thom mentioned that the pilot effort in the PCHAlliance program to capture the value proposition for IHE International is moving forward. This is also for the PCH domain as well. Once complete, it can structured as a template for other domains in the future.
- Rob noted that there is a PCD Webinar in mid-August (~15th). Thom noted that PCH will also have a Webinar, August 18th. Going forward we will sync the Webinars. The content of these Webinars will be minimal, so less than 1 hour. Rob noted that these are targeted ahead of Connectathon registration (so helps in getting organizations involved).
- Todd noted a couple other Webinars: one for IHE Devices and another for the Gemini plus FHIR story. Rob suggests working with Todd on these. These are to be part of a Devices domain Webinar series. Typically there are no Q & A portions. Rob noted that IHE has a channel on Youtube so content can be reviewed there. Rob to send link to Thom.
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
Quiet Hospital (QH)
- QH items: Rob noted he is working with Ken Fuchs in developing scripting workflows for models and other diagrams. They have done some basic technical work including swim lane workflows. They have a Confluence area defined and its growing rapidly with content. The site is publicly available. He noted that demo's were planned for HIMSS (cancelled) so they are now looking at ways to get the word out on the demo's to the community.
- SDPi items: Todd to do report out on this shortly but he notes that it is actively moving this forward. He notes that quiet hospital is one narrative and also so is silent hospital. The hope is that by joining workitems we will have levers in-place for the next generation of technology to handle the environment of care.
- Christophe questioned the the status of the TCI into the IPEC profile (are they waiting on anything?). Kurt noted that there is an approved change proposal.Next step is to start making changes in the TF. They are also merging into one DEV group. Christophe to work with John on this. Todd noted that John maintains a GitHub for IHE, which has 4 repositories. He will take this and add it to one of the repos (so will migrate into the IHE GitHub org). Todd suggests to reach out to John on this. Paul recommended that Christophe utilize a containment tree to incorporate TCI (and can be used for validation). Also noted that Brian is working on this workitem.
New Profiles
- Reviewed calendar milestones. We will need to update this table.
7. DEV Action Item Review
- Reviewed Action Items. One action from tiger team (Todd will discuss shortly). Also no actions in DEV Technical Committee.
8. Subdomain activities
- PCD Subdomain:
- No updates.
- PCH Subdomain:
- Thom noted that PCHAlliance was involved in last week's FHIR DevDays and that Stefan Schlichting provided a presentation on their behalf (PHD Devices Reduces Anxiety and Saves Lives).Todd asked if they are sharing reporting of DevDays? Thom noted it may be a couple of months but we may be able to get the slide deck. He will request these from Fire.ly.
- Thom noted that they still need to identify support for funding test tools for the S. Korea Connectathon.
- DPi Subdomain:
- Todd noted that with the current lockdown and travel restrictions the plan for the testing and tools for the January Connectathon is still a topic of discussion. He noted that the EU Connectathon is still planned for early November; however, it's not yet know if this will be in-person or remote. This is currently being discussed. He noted that the next PCD meeting is in mid-July where we will finalize. We can report out on the next DEV calls. Thom and Todd will report out the state of the IHE Connectathons next month.
- Todd presented the Web pages related to the Gemini project (joint IHE and HL7 project). Currently they are working on the Implementation Guide and SDC mapping. (e.g., device alerts, what works or not). He noted that the SDpi profile turned a corner with the Device TF and draft supplement. They are now in the weeds such as UML models within the Confluence page (Volume 1 topology and interactions). They now have 3 white papers. He noted that the SES MDI meets every Tuesday. This workitem has been approved as ISO TC-215. Also SES Remote Care and Mobile Health is an FDA led paper. If you'd like weekly updates send Todd a note. Paul questions if reps from PHD WG are involved and if not the work should be aligned. Todd noted Brian was involved. Isabel can bring this up with John. Noted also that the IEEE PHD WG is revising multiple aspects of their protocol and we may need to anticipate additional needs (of both groups). Todd noted that this work is with IHE/HL7 then afterward will be fast-tracked to ISO, so not really an ISO thing. Their calls are 1pm Pacific Thursdays weekly and they are looking at how to risk manage remote care. So, if a rapid response - is it safe, secure and effective enough for remote care. It's not just remote monitoring, so deals with when you don't have the time or bandwidth. Isabel noted that she spoke to Costa and that he's reaching out to us to help align. Now working on drafting the supplement.
9. Other Business
- Tiger Team update
- Todd presented slides on the Tiger Team report out detailing several areas of progress (such as New roster(s), One Domain, Three Program Areas, governance, recurrence of meetings and a single TF) all aimed to make their more clear, more consistent and simplified. Next Actions: Will need to finalize domain leadership, finish standing up programs, update wiki & web content, sync IHE Devices TF 2020 edition, update TF supplements with new organization and update IHE International Governance. A copy of the slides may be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6bX_VYa_24-f6i_6mDWRaygNGZsCpcK/view?usp=sharing
- No further comments or questions to Todd. Todd further noted that this has been vetted with the Board and DCC level adn they liked it. He expects that this will move forward quickly.
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- Dev Cochair July 21, 2020
- Dev Domain July 22, 2020

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- DEV Cochairs July 21, 2020 DEV Cochairs 2020-07-21 Webex
- DEV Domain July 22, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-07-22 Webex
- DEV Domain F2F Sept 2020 DEV Domain F2F Sep 2020 Webex

PCD Home