DEV Joint 2020-04-29 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:57, 4 May 2020 by PaulSherman (Talk | contribs) (Discussion)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint DEV Domain Meeting (PCD, PCH, SDPi): At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

WebEx Information

Topic: Joint DEV Domain Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

- Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
- Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: DEV Joint 2020-03-25 Webex
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals: DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
Quiet Hospital
New Profiles
7. DEV Action Item Review
8. Subdomain activities
- PCD Subdomain:
- PCH Subdomain:
- DPi Subdomain:
  • General Updates
  • Gemini Project White Paper Proposals
- "Safe, Effective & Secure Device Interoperability using SDC/SDPi+FHIR"
- "What is a 'Device'?!"
9. Other Business
- Operationalizing Devices Domain
- Review F2F summary DEV_Domain_F2F_Apr_21-24,_2020_Webex
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- Dev Cochair May 26, 2020
- Dev Domain May 27, 2020

Action Items from Previous Meetings

None currently

See DEV Planning Committee Action Items and DEV Technical Committee Action Items

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Al Englebert, Monroe Pattillo, Todd Cooper, Paul Sherman, Christophe Fournier. Tom Kowalczyk, John Garaguilo, Rob Wilder, John Rhoads, Ken Fuchs, Kurt Elliason
Chair: Kurt Elliason

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
3. Standards Coordination
- Launched Gemini Project, Joint IHE and HL7 effort for device interoperability using FHIR and SDPi.
4. Ballots - None currently
- Tiger Team working on the process righr now.
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
- Town Hall meeting. Many of the takeaways – we have a good story to tell. Many RFQs require PCD connectivity. Should be able to come up with some copy to use. Good excange with ECRI and AAMI, hope to get them more engaged again.
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
- Need to update for Cycle 15
Quiet Hospital – Can edit files without using Google docs to do so. The loss of the Showcase has inspired additional ideas. Have an opportunity to to redo how the process is developed and formalized. Workflow requirements and results need to be enhanced for this use. Input from ECRI and AAMI will help this process immensely. SDPi’s goal is to create a 510K compliant document from test results.
New Profiles
7. DEV Action Item Review
- 001 - First meeting tomorrow. Review in May.
8. Subdomain activities
- PCD Subdomain:
Koreas’s work getting a lot of traction with the pandemic.
- PCH Subdomain:
- DPi Subdomain:
Busy, getting busier. A white paper can be approved quickly.
  • General Updates
  • Gemini Project White Paper Proposals
"Safe, Effective & Secure Device Interoperability using SDC/SDPi+FHIR"
"What is a 'Device'?!" A device is not what it was 25-30 years ago. Need to update and migrate into Vol. 1. Similar to last April’s Tucson work.
  • Discussion of voting process. This is not a voting meeting, unlike the F2F. We usually don’t have quorum for that level of voting. To go forward with the proposals doesn’t require a full ballot, it can be a cochair vote. Todd proposed approval to go forward, Kurt seconded, approved. Todd will provide written proposals to Paul Sherman for distribution and comment. Paul Sherman – The WP process may not require much to get going, we’ll need formal acceptance of the results. Todd will send Paul a “Call for Participation” to send to the Domain.
9. Other Business
- Operationalizing Devices Domain
Can delete from future calls since Tiger Team will start working. First report by end of June.
- Review F2F summary DEV_Domain_F2F_Apr_21-24,_2020_Webex
Only item remaining there is Tiger Team Formation.
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- Dev Cochair May 26, 2020
- Dev Domain May 27, 2020

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- DEV Cochairs May 26, 2020 DEV Cochairs 2020-05-26 Webex
- DEV Domain May 27, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-05-27 Webex

PCD Home