Difference between revisions of "DEV Domain F2F Sep 2020 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with " PCD Home Category:PCD Meeting {{TOCright}} '''Please NOTE: PLACEHOLDER AGENDA''' Paul Sherman, PCD TPM == Meeting Objectives == : These fa...")
(No difference)

Revision as of 16:12, 24 June 2020

PCD Home

Please NOTE: PLACEHOLDER AGENDA

Paul Sherman, PCD TPM

Meeting Objectives

These face-to-face meetings have a number of objectives depending on the committees involved:
  • DEV Domain level Discussions
  • DPi Program Discussions
  • PCD Program Discussion
Planning Committee: Review, plan and initiate PCD activities; contribute to planning of the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and other Showcases and events; recruit vendors and users.
Technical Committee: Review and adopt brief profile proposals;Adjourn Joint PC&TC meeting. contribute to Connectathon test tools, tests, and procedures.
  • PCH Program Discussions

Location & General Schedule

Location:
- TBD, possible virtual


Dates
- To assist European participants, all meetings will be morning meetings, with a meeting on Friday.
the times will be 9AM EDT - 1PM EDT
Tuesday : Pump Working Group
Wednesday : Joint PCD/PCHA meeting, PCD Planning Committee, PCH Meeting
Thursday, : PCD Planning and Technical Committees, PCH Meeting
Friday, : PCD Technical Committee
The schedule is proposed; actual meeting times may change during the week.
Daily Schedule - All times Eastern Daylight Time (US)
  • 09:00 - 11:15 Session #1
  • 11:30 - 14:00 Session #2

Draft stopped 6/24/20 PRS

Agenda Suggestions

Please submit suggestions for agenda topics here or through emails to the committee co-chairs.

From the PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items:

172 DEV Domain Implementation
173 Update TF for DEV Domain

From the TC Action Items: PCD Technical Committee Action Items:

196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
201 Pump utilization - publicizing
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional

Webex Support

Because of COVID-19, these meetings will be held via Webex. The links will are provided below.

Reminders: the IP agreement is in force, and participation counts toward voting rights.

Please note: the log in and phone number for each meeting is the same as for our WG meetings. The password is included in the email sent to participants. These are not provided here for security reasons (this is a public Wiki page).

The HIMSS Webex page is [HIMSS Webex]

PCD Meetings
- Tuesday, April 21: Pump WG: Meeting Number: 922 682 629
- Wednesday April 22: DEV joint and PC: Meeting Number: 922 036 096
- Thursday April 23: Joint PC&TC and TC: Meeting Number: 921 597 565
- Friday, April 24: TC: Meeting Number: 929 476 319
PCH Meetings:
- Wednesday morning, April 22: Meeting Number:
- Thursday morning April 23: Meeting Number:
- Friday morning, April 24: Meeting Number:

Attachments / Materials

Documents related to the meeting when available will be found at the [New Devices Google Drive] unless otherwise noted. Documents are available without a password.

Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones

PCD PC Action Items PCD Planning Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

PCD TC Action Items PCD Technical Committee Action Items. Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Detailed Schedule & Agenda

Tuesday, April 21 (Pump Workgroup)

Date Hours Committees Topics


Tuesday 09:00 - 2:00 Pump workgroup
  • Morning (09:00-2:00)
  • 9:15
MEMDMC terms for pumps - 30 min
2020-02-24.DMC.1d.2020-03-30T16.IPv4-IPv6.xls
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DTGH766Q5dOoeL2kM3JRjbjkH9KE9Gup
MEMDMC Battery status - 30 min
2020-02-24.DMC.1d.2020-03-30T16.IPv4-IPv6.xls
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DTGH766Q5dOoeL2kM3JRjbjkH9KE9Gup
Bolus from existing Infusion - 30 min
  • Break (10:55-11:05)
Pump Terms containment model update - 1.5hr
  • Break (12:10-12:30)
Pump alert/alarm events - 30 min
ACM state changes - 30 min
Mapping of detailed pump events to broader 11073 terms - 30 min
  • 2:00 > Meeting Adjournment

Wednesday April 22, 2020

Date Hours Committees Topics


Wednesday Pt. 1 09:00 - 11:15 Joint IHE Devices Meeting
  • 09:00 > IHE IP Management Process (Kurt)
  • 09:05 > Introductions and Agenda Review (Kurt and Thom)
  • 09:20 > Welcome (15 minutes)
  • 10:35 > Subdomain Reports (20 minutes each)
PCD
PCH
DPI
  • 10:35 > DEV Domain Guidance and AOB (15 minutes)
Feedback from Kevin O'Donnell
IEEE P2733 Overview
Move future DEV meeting to end of F2F?
  • 10:50 > Next steps and wrap up
  • 11:00 > Adjourn Joint DEV Meeting
Break 11:00 - 11:15 AM
Wednesday Pt. 2 11:15 AM - 2:00 PM PCD Planning Committee (PC)
  • 11:15 > Start PC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)(Kurt)
- Review & Approve PC Agenda (Kurt)
General PCD Work Program Review (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Rob W for Monroe P)
- MEM DMC (Rob W for Monroe P)
- MEM LS (Rob W for Monroe P)
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
- Vent (Paul Schluter)
- PIV (Jeff R)
- Pump (Kurt, Jeff R.)
- IPEC (Kurt)
- PCIM (John R)
- Physio monitor (John R)
- DEC
  • General update PCD TF) (John R)
  • DEC OPTION: FHIR (Todd C)
- EC (John R)
- DCM Pulse Oximetry
Currently waiting for someone to take it to FT.
- Review current Action Item: PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
172 DEV Domain Implementation
173 Update TF for DEV Domain
2:00 > Adjourn Planning Committee meeting


Thursday April 23, 2020

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Thursday Pt. 1 09:00 - 11:15 AM
  • 09:00 > Joint PC/TC meeting
  • Introduction
- IHE IP Management Process (5 minutes)(Kurt)
- Review & Approve Joint PC&TC Agenda (Kurt)


  • IHE International Board - Update & Feedback (Todd)
  • Review 2020 Milestones - [1]
  • Five year plan
No current plan
- 2017 Roadmap
- and 2011 Plan Notes
  • Cochair Action item - 106 - Activities Promoting PCD.
  • Location, Dates of the DEV PCD 2020 Fall F2F

Adjourn Joint PC&TC meeting.

Break 11:15 - 11:30 AM
Thursday Pt. 2 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
11:30 > Open PCD Technical Committee (TC)
TC Welcome and Agenda Review (Tom Kowalczyk)
Announcement – Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)
Proposals -


  • PCD Program review:
ACM (Rob W for Monroe P)
MEM DMC (Rob W for Monroe P)
MEM LS (Rob W for Monroe P)
DEC (John R)
EC (John R)
IPEC (Al E, Jeff R)
PIV (Al E)
Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
DPI (John R)
Physio monitor (John R)
PCIM (John R)
Vent (Paul Schluter)
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
RTM (Paul Schluter)
Quiet Hospital
- Standards Coordination
IEEE 11073 SC & PARs & EMBS SC (mobile, IoT, AI/ML)
HL7
Devices on FHIR


Friday, April 24, 2020

Quarter Time Lead Agenda Items
Friday Pt. 1 09:00 - 11:15 AM
  • 09:00 > Continue TC Meeting
TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
201 Pump utilization - publicizing
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional
  • 09:45 > RTM and IEEE P11073-10101b draft standard (Paul Schluter)
Overview of where we are and process to begin “ballot group formation” for IEEE P11073-10101b
  • 10:45 > Containment modeling (Paul Schluter)
Key items needed for more rigorous message definition and validation, focusing on containment trees and essential next steps to improve IHE PCD DEC HL7 V2 message conformance testing.


Break 11:15 - 11:30 AM
Friday, Pt. 2 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM PCD Technical Committee (TC)
  • 11:30 > Continued topic discussions
RTMMS update given by NIST contractor Michael Faughn
F2F Action Review (from this week)
- DEV
Proposed agendas for Fall F2F
- If Virtual
Tuesday AM Pump WG
Wed AM PC and Joint PC/TC
Thurs AM TC
Friday AM Joint DEV
- If Live
Tuesday Pump WG
Wed AM PC and Joint PC/TC
Wed PM and Thurs AM TC
Thurs PM Joint DEV
PC
PC&TC
TC


  • > TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)



Note: Time slot TBD: IDCO

Participants

Tuesday, April 21

Kurt Elliason(Smiths Medical), Al Engelbert (BBraun), Andrea Robertson (Smiths Medical), Bill Haralson(Smiths Medical), Brian Witkowski (BBraun), Christophe Fournier (Fresenius), Jeff Rinda (ICU Medical), Marufur Rahmen (ICU), Nathan Berg (Smiths Medical), Paul Schluter (CMI), Tom Kowalczyk (BBraun), Michael Faughn(Prometheus), Dalibor Pokrajac(GuardRFID), John Krupka


Wednesday, April 22 Todd Cooper, Kurt Elliason, Al Engelbert, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Michael Faughn, Christophe Fournier, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bill Harrelson, Dan Kernan, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, Marufur Rahman, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Kumi Terai, Rob Wilder, Brian Witkowski


Thursday, April 23 Todd Cooper, Kurt Elliason, Al Engelbert, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Michael Faughn, Christophe Fournier, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bill Harrelson, Dan Kernan, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, Marufur Rahman, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Kumi Terai, Rob Wilder, Brian Witkowski

Friday, April 24 Nicholas Crouzier, Kurt Elliason, Javier Espina, Michael Faughn, Christophe Fournier, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bill Harrelson, Dan Kernan, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajac, Marufur Rahman, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder, Brian Witkowski

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Tuesday Pump WG Meeting

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed IHE IP Management Process

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 MEMDMC terms for pumps and MEMDMC Battery status
Status/Discussion:
Added MDS terms to VMD as optional if there multiple modules.
MDC_ATTR_ID_SOFT term needs to be checked. Looked in 10201 for definition.
From 10201 "Soft-Id. MDC_ATTR_ID_SOFT. OCTET STRING. Settable, e.g., hospital inventory number."
Discussion of battery terms, Dalibor expressed need for Low battery indication. We have terms for Battery charge level and time remaining. Also have events for battery low and depleted that could be used.


3 Bolus from existing Infusion
Status/Discussion:
Given Clinician Bolus (CH)
Need clarification on whether the ‘O’ on Bolus from existing infusion table should really be ‘X’
Should be 'O', since some EMR vendors always send TQ1.
Confirm: MDCX_INFUSION_PROGRAM_TYPE to be used to signify type, while RXG-15/16, TQ1, and MDC_FLOW_FLUID_PUMP to define values
Need clarification on what MDCX_INFUSION_PROGRAM_TYPE “continuous” is expected to be used for -- Need CP Should be OBX-3 with enumeration of "clinician dose"
Titration (XO)
Remove “not valid for PCA” means not valid for PCA device type, revisit in the future if it should be for PCA Basal rate only. Need input from EMR vendors. Typically a change to a PCA pump would be a new order.
Intermittent Bolus
Need these segments available for PCD-03
MDC_TIME_PD_DOSE_START_INTERVAL
MDCX_TIME_PROG_NEXT_DOSE
MDCX_TIME_REMAIN_NEXT_DOSE
Need clarification on whether “MDC_TIME_PD_PROG” is needed
defer to pump terms discussion later today


4 Pump Terms containment model update
Status/Discussion:
Brian working with a MongoDB. Created a pump MDS containment generator supports 01, 10, need to add 03. Could support others
could put it on a website so the group can review and comment


5 Pump alert/alarm events and Mapping of detailed pump events to broader 11073 terms
Status/Discussion:
Reviewed content of ListParSrcEvt.3o.x3u.2020-04-20T16.P3-expanded-displayText.xls
Targeting August to start ballot process
Would like description of infusion pump for standard. Dialysis has 8 page description
6 ACM state changes
Status/Discussion:
Need to make sure REFIDs work well with state machines


Action(s): See above

Wednesday Joint PCD/PCHA Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Kurt Elliason reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
DEV Domain Mar 25, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-03-25 Webex

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:


  • 08:05 > Introductions and Agenda Review (Kurt and Thom)
  • Subdomain Reports
Presentations will be on the ftp site.
PCD -
- Many products using DEC profile. IPEC moved into FT. Provided summary of Profile’s progress. Discussing sterilizer Profile. 10101B – terms under review for update and balloting. Working a lot on Quiet Hospital, had planned demos at HIMSS2020. SDPi and Quiet Hospital groups merged, this is going very well. Looking for regulatory and clinical input. Discussed ECRI participation. MEM – looking at remote command/control. Will update our report for DEV – Need to meet and discuss how to proceed
PCH
- POU
TF published, wiki launched.
- Paul Sherman and Mary are working on DEV page redirects as needed.
- Working on Direct to Cloud operation, lightweight DIM.
- Reviewed Direct to Cloud; stack, simplified DIM and prototype protocol stack.
Simplified DIM: looking to simplify for personal health devices, could move beyond to D2C and Bluetooth LE. Hope to have best of both worlds. Currently under Board of Directors review. IEEE group discussed this on Monday, will want to review/change model title. Still looking at how to change it in official PAR. Will need to review and discuss further.
Mobile Health apps – Not yet launched and working on the charter. Looking to involve new participants (Apple, etc.)
- Test and Tools
Maintenance release in May, Gazelle integration complete. Some other items pending funding.
- Marcom review. Developed common message, feel free to use or share it. Wrote a number of blogs, ID markets, ID’d vendors to represent, collaborate with Global eHealth Consortium.. Discussed comms strategy. Discussed reporting this to Board.
DPI
- Rebranding HL7 to HL7 Device Workgroup. Balklot closes 4/26.
- Launched WP last April, finished Oct. Ken summarized history and flow. Question on using going forward, more of a living document.
- Reviewed ISO/IEEE 11073 SDC
- Reviewed/highlighted Use Cases. In process is Remote Monitoring during COVID-!9 response. (FDA initiated).
- SDPi Supplement – Developing 4 profiles, include TF 1, 2, and 3 material and testing at Korean CN. Profiles are Plug and Play, Repoorting, Alerting, External Control.
- Reviewed Supplement Developement. Will build on existing momentum, SDPi 1.0 foundation, work streams/teams, then white papers.
- Presented/recorded HIMSS presentation, will share link when it’s available.
- Proposed Joint Joint HL7-IHE Gemini Program. Deliverables – SDPi Supplement, HL7 DoF IG, and joint white papers. Goal – Leverage the resources to create deployable products that are regulatory compliant.
- Create a set of Collaboration Tooling.
- Question about Military/Disaster casualty care. How to decide where to evacuate to? That is part of this process, but not the main focus.
Link to [Saner Project] as discussed.
  • DEV Domain Guidance and AOB (15 minutes)
Feedback from Kevin O'Donnell
- He’s voiced some concerns on how we’re organizing,, but has no specific info on what we’re violating. Todd has asked for specifics, no response. He’ll ask again. Could be sour grapes or fear of change. We should proceed.
- Ballot – Create Tiger Team to address remaining items finalizing DEV structure. Passed unanimously. Todd will convene the group
IEEE P2733 Overview
- View unavailable, Ken reviewing verbally. Slides will be available. Group struggling to find its way forward.
Move future DEV meeting to end of F2F?
- Some discussion, will bear in mind
  • Next steps and wrap up
DEV Tiger Team – Todd will start that.

Adjourn Joint DEV Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):


Wednesday PC Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Kurt Elliason reviewed the IHE IP Management Process
Introductions and Agenda Review

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Minutes approved

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
General PCD Work Program Review (statuses, plans only, details during TC sessions):
- ACM (Rob W for Monroe P)
Current status; In FT, 19 vendors at Connectathon, Showcase cancelled.
Quiet Hospital and SPDi merged, 34 members 10 organizations.
Lab results and Rad Workflow pushed to 2021
- MEM DMC (Rob W for Monroe P)
TI, in Connectatrhons No updates planned this cycle
- MEM LS (Rob W for Monroe P)
TI, in Connectatrhons No updates planned this cycle
- RDC – still out there. Not much work, but white paper is available.
- WCM (Paul Schluter)
Not a lot of news, vendors have implemented. Nomenclature will be able to support vent info.
- IDCO (Paul Schluter)
Meeting each Friday and updating. Working with Heart Rhythm Society EMR vendors. Hope to be at Connectathon, will work with Paul Sherman to prep.
- RTM (Paul Schluter)
Summary, more detail at TC. Significant 10101b update, everything not in gray will have codes. Asked vendors to supply event strings. Three vendors contributed so far, helpful info. Working with Dialysis vendors to get terms into 10101b. Formalized MEM DMC terms. Nurse call and beds are moving along, but not ready to add to the list.
10101b – Talked to IEEE Steering Committee and staff. Hope to have ballot ready late August. Hope we can join and participate. An invitation will go out late summer, please join.
- Vent (Paul Schluter) – Keep adding terms, hoping to get more and add them to the terms.
- PIV (Kurt, for Jeff R) – Not a lot going on. Have some minor tweaks due. 1 or 2 CPs
- Pump (Kurt, Jeff R.) - A lot of MEMDMC terms, most not pump specific. Collecting a lot of alarm events, some specific ones.
- IPEC (Kurt) – Final Text, in Technical Framework. Can work on other Profiles.
- PCIM (John R) – On hold, limited resources right now. Discussing, possible that HL7 v2 won’t quite address needs. FHIR may be a better fit. Some work by Ioana, but doesn’t quite fit our needs.
- Physio monitor (John R) – Continual flow of input capabilities, managed in terminology management. Will want to look at it as we rethink TF organization. May want to enrich physio monitoring terms.
- DEC
  • General update PCD TF) (John R) – Pretty stable, new capabilities pretty well covered. Exercised well in Connectathons.
  • DEC OPTION: FHIR (Todd C) – A lot of advances, in good position to leverage that work into FHIR implementation. Planning Korean Connectathon, will work with them for a CP to implement it. Not a lot of work, will be able to claim FHIR implementation across whole Domain.
- EC (John R) - ‘Parent’ of IPEC.
- DCM Pulse Oximetry
Currently waiting for someone to take it to FT. Needs formatting. Developers don’t wish to move it into FT. John is willing to help when he has the time.
- Review current Action Item: PCD Planning Committee Action Items:
172 DEV Domain Implementation
- Close this and create an Action Item for PCD Coordination with the Tiger Team. Let Todd know of any questions. Report at next DEV meeting.
173 Update TF for DEV Domain
- Close this and create an Action Item for PCD Coordination with the Tiger Team. Let Todd know of any questions. Report at next DEV meeting.
Further topics Todd)
- Virtual Connectathons – Is the PC part of this discussion? We haven’t discussed it. Would be very challenging. Gazelle is the easiest parts. Theoretically could use a 4G router to divorce from corporate IT limitations. Epic has a HIMSS system separate from their own regular systems.
- How to officially add a sponsor to an existing Domain. IHE has no process separate from Domain creation. Domain management should have a way to vet sponsors. Make this a Domain Action Item.


Adjourn PCD Planning Committee (PC)


Decisions/Issues:


Action(s):

Close existing PC Action items and roll them into a DEV Tiger Team Action Item
Create DEV Action Item on creating a process to add a sponsor to a Domain.


Thursday Joint PC&TC Meeting Summary

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
IHE IP Management Process

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:
  • IHE International Board - Update & Feedback (Todd)
Good handle on the programs. Unsure is to know how IHE supports member organizations.
Membership – about 180, steady and growing a bit. The paid membership seems to be working.
Funding – Down a bit. Affects document staff.
Global ehealth Consortium – Started in January, expected announcement at HIMSS. Goal is to clarify interoperability. Still very early in the process. Real world impact; For us, pretty clear, outside of IHE, still needs fleshing out.
Covid-19 – Have a page and press release stating what we’ve been doing.
Global support – WHO deployment, World summit, deployment committees
Testing and Tools – Connectathon, Connectathon seal, certification. Also looks at tools, especially looking at virtualizing Connectathons and consistent testing.
- Question – See these announcements, but customers may not see value. It takes many years, and they don’t see the long view. How do we keep them interested? Trying to get the message out to those that decide to implement or purchase systems.
- Membership Value/Challenges – Transitioned from Steve Moore for CN support to IHE Europe. How to effectively manage virtualization.
- Is the message getting out well enough? Generally, so far. Is the Product Registry valuable? Somewhat, but not hugely. Good to point to for reference, But it’s not comprehensive and accurate. Our Commercially Available list is more useful. The Connectathon Results page helps. Don’t know how to increase viability of the Registry. Extensive discussion of how to make it more useful. Where do customers come up with requirements? Unsure. Definite uptick in IHE requirements by customers.

(left 8:50 for IDCO help)

- (back 9:07) Tiger Team - Reviewed Domain Page, discussed framework and internal operations. Other big pieces for our ‘top 10’ list.
  • Review 2019 Milestones - [2]
Ken – Seems compressed. Discussed timelines, resolved concerns.
  • Five year plan
No current plan
- 2017 Roadmap
- and 2011 Plan Notes
Architecture – Revamp Vol 1 to reflect new structure of Devices.
DEC – Tested PCD-05 at 2020 CN. Add FHIR option (Todd).
ACM – add PCD-07 (Tom K). Is PCD-06 affected at all? Anyone remember the ePHI ? Smart Alarms – Leave for now, but is likely will be absorbed into Quiet Hospital.
Device Context Management – PCIM will be addressed in Dpi
Point of Care – Should this move into DPi? Likely, will need to triage.
Quality – Will be a proposal coming soon from DPi White Paper this cycle. SESMDI – Safe, Effective and Secure Medical Device Interoperability.
IEC 60601
  • Cochair Action item - 106 - Activities Promoting PCD.
Close, refer to Tiger Team and start as a DEV Action Item.
  • Location, Dates of the DEV PCD 2020 Fall F2F
Unlikely to get to a hospital by the next meeting.
Hotels may be desperate for our business.
Dates – Oct 6, Sept 29, Sept 16
HIMSS event Sept 16-19 in San Francisco.
Could set up close to a provider at a hotel.
September may be challenging for international members.
Bring up with Tiger Team.
We have enough to start.


Joint PC&TC Meeting Adjourned


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Cochair Action item - 106 - Activities Promoting PCD.
Close, refer to Tiger Team and start as a DEV Action Item.
  • Fall F2F
DEV decision refer to Tiger Team



Thursday/Friday TC Meeting Summary

Action(s):
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved
IHE IP Management Process
Announcements –
- Decision Making meeting (TC Co-Chairs)


Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
-

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
-
Status/Discussion:

PCD Program review:

ACM (Rob W for Monroe P)
- Many CPs last cycle and some term clarification for SDC/ACM
- Three CPs in queue for this cycle, including one to support Quiet Hospital
- Working with other Domains on some Quiet Hospital actions.
- Pushed out – Add documentation for PCD-06 WCTP XML element.
- Concerns about test consistency at Connectathons, esp with XML and WCTP.
- Keep-alive – Applies to all Profiles, achieved via optional transactions. Discussion over managing the noise level; creating a new transaction vs. leaving it. The concern is adding ‘noise’ to the network. Explained how the process works.
MEM DMC (Rob W for Monroe P)
- CMI did some ACK work, will incorporate.
- NEED non-PID/PV1 message templates.
MEM LS (Rob W for Monroe P)
- Need additional PL data type clarifications. Need some codes – pretty much done. MDS and VMD also in Paul Schluter’s list. Pretty much done, Paul will send list to Dalibor.
DEC (John R)
- Pretty mature, well used. Can discuss MDC/VMD structure later.
EC (John R)
- Somewhat Proto-Profile, could address more than IPEC. Alarm/Alert closely related. Slides highlight this process and use. Can build on mature work done for IPEC. Discussed how to generalize. There is an event professional group with useful information we could incorporate. What’s a good path forward. Unsure, but if we do, we need to be careful to use common processes. Can be a form of clinical decision support. The equipment is pretty sophisticated, it can do a lot of it, a challenge would be getting clinicians to support this vs. using what they have. Is there a client for this?
IPEC (Al E, Tom)
- In FT, depending on terms updates.
PIV (Brian WAl E)
- Progress on programming a bolus and syringe pumps.
Pump (Al E, Jeff R.)
- Trying to get the new terms and visual representation of contianment model. In a good spot to get things done before the next F2F
DPI (John R)
- Brand new world. Meetings going on for a long time. Now have a new set of DPI and SDC standards, will hear a lot more. Stay tuned at relevant meetings.
Physio monitor (John R)
- What to do with Volume 3 in Profiles. It’s been dormant for a while. Good time to look at Vol. 3 again and what we want it to do for us. Basic maps are in there for basic models, could be a lot more. A good item to discuss at the DEV Domain level. What do implementers want? Thoughts? Can use Michael Faughn’s work to move forward (MS Word document not useful), let implementers to focus on what’s important to them, especially a computational document to build a model. Michael is about to send out a document for this type of a model. Is this Vol 3 only or does it affect the other volumes? Vol 1 is very public facing, not detailed. Vol 2 needs to be improved as a learning tool, grown a bit haphazardly, takes a lot of work to find specific content. Instead of V 2a, 2b, 2c, have them separated into DPi, PCD and PCD. Word can be used, with proper templates (legal uses them). Would need instructions to do this. A good item for the Tiger Team.
PCIM (John R)
- 80001 has some templates to manage the risk. Have found we can’t rely on patient data admin packages. Need human verification. HL7 v2 isn’t great at patient queries. Ready to be implemented, but there are very limited resources to do so. FHIR may be better suited to this, we may want to move it there. Are there any real customers for this yet? VA is using Ioana’s work to manage implantables. Not a lot of interest from CMI members yet, just higher priorities for now.
Vent (Paul Schluter)
IDCO (Paul Schluter)
RTM (Paul Schluter)


- Standards Coordination, RTM and IEEE P11073-10101b draft standard (Paul Schluter)
Overview of where we are and process to begin “ballot group formation” for IEEE P11073-10101b
IEEE 11073 SC & PARs & EMBS SC (mobile, IoT, AI/ML)
- Very good progress on 10101b. Have captured a lot of what implementers want. Infusion pumps was a big contributor. Plan is to have rigorous models for everyone to build on. Excellent progress with Dialysis terms as well. New groups prefer tightly defined documents. Could add a lot of bed terms if the vendors are interested. Dialysis has asked for two items, he will drafted Cps to support it. Need to provided status updates, Monroe found a term to add for data logging. Want to add event codes in a PCD-01 message, mostly notifications (not alerts). Will send out a ballot review group this August. If you join, your input will matter a lot.
- IDCO making excellent progress. They hope for Jan 2020 NA CN, but definitely for the 2021 CN.
- Should we have Technical Alert ‘severity’ codes? Some examples on the slide. Monroe – not fan of ‘severity’
- Standards Coordination (Cont.)
 : Dalibor - IEEE P1847 (RTLS) standard moving along, incorporated MEMLS info.
HL7
- Canceled May meetings, working on virtual meetings. IEEE POC group may also meet virtually.
Devices on FHIR
- Two successfully implemented guides, PHD and POC. PHD is close to publication. Meet every week. Working to incorporate SDC into Point of Care documentation. Adjusting POC Device to reflect tech advances. Recognizing HL7/IHE skirmishes, the Gemini projects hope to address it. Todd pitched Devices on FHIR and POC as a project, was well received.
  • PCD Program review (cont):
Quiet Hospital Note – Check recording until 8:13)
- Tom … Logistics for demo is a bit challenging. It’s VERY well staged with back story, etc. Rob – it would be good to use this year’s use cases for next year’s HIMSS.


TC Action item review
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78
- Not much of an update right now. Ted Klein and John’s group hope to submit changes. Move to end of May
200 MDS and VMD Requirements
- Containment modeling important, can resolve problems, especially during Connectathon. Asking those that need terms to create containment models. This limits the need for inspecting messages by hand, as computers are much better at it. He, Michael, and Brian are working on consistent output data as well. NIST is working with CDC on a similar issues regarding COVID-19 tracking. Inconsistent data quality is an issue for them as well. John G – Nicholas will have some info that will help later during F2F. Move to next F2F.
201 Pump utilization – publicizing
- IEEE 1847 will help this effort. Due to schedule conflict, Paul didn’t submit to MDExpo April. Move to May TC.
202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional
- Once triggers are officially committed by HL7, they can implement it. Monroe isn’t sure should be actually owner of this. John Rhoads talks to O&O a lot. They have a lot to do with limited resources. He will take ownership. Move to next F2F.
  • 10:45 > Containment modeling (Paul Schluter)
Containment models play an essential role for our work, want to emulate physical devices as much as possible. Models device subsystems very well. Not fully embraced for rigorous validation. Need solid models. PCD is a leader, but we still have a ways to go.
Key items needed for more rigorous message definition and validation, focusing on containment trees and essential next steps to improve IHE PCD DEC HL7 V2 message conformance testing.
He worked with a group that hadn’t heard of IHE, but are a good fit with what we do.
The group worked on an easily shareable model (Engineers, clinicians, even marketing). Though simple, it’s unambiguous. Helps drive NIST test tools. Showed and described containment model, the Dialysis group found it very useful. Paul reviewed how the Dialysis group used the model. Messages are insensitive to sibling node order. Order doesn’t matter, this helps speed up testing. Many of the fields and models are used in other devices, which makes this process very portable. Discussed event models they used, able to consider all events at the same time. The group plans to adopt the HL7v2 ‘Batch’ term to consolidate all events in a session. Many ways to ‘skin this cat’, this was one that worked very well. Want to adopt 1-2 models, make sure we don’t splinter our efforts. Will delve into more issues, such as cardinality and containment.

Continued topic discussions

RTMMS update given by NIST contractor Michael Faughn
- Building out Ver. 2. Migrating existing terms into new framework, then other terms from Word docs into the framework. Will then ask us to ‘test drive’ the new framework. He demonstrated the framework, searching terms, units, etc. Want feedback – what other things do we want out of the web application? Please let him know. Plan to build up to be more useful. Will generalize Brian’s pump work for other devices.
- Can you tag a metric in a search? Yes, just not exposed right now. Would take an hour or so if the tags are applied.
- Hope to get to the Profiling tool by this fall.
- One nice extension – show enumerated values and units. It does that now, just not pretty right now.
Conformance Tools/IGAMT (John G and Nicholas)
- John showed their Resource Portal. Wanted to show look and feel of tools. IGAMT lets subject matter experts create the messages and Profiles. IGAMT is at the forefront of this. Nicholas has incorporated our Profiles into IGAMT. Working on IGAMT2, has some power users, they’ll recruit some more soon (Al E?).
- Nicholas demonstrated IGAMT. Not populated with PCD yet. More powerful, should be tool used in the future. If interested in being a beta user, let them know. Suggest a lead from each working group. Open registration right now. It has most of the existing message structure. Has built in structure for Implementation Guides. HL7 is looking at adopting this and requiring their users to follow this process. Can mix and match from different HL7v2 versions. We will be able add some segments ourselves. Now able to generate TF ready performance requirement documentation.
- There’s a lot more functionality, gives the SME a thorough toolbox. Nicholas will create first version of our Profiles, we can then come in and modify as desired. Can develop sophisticated test cases, even down to make and model to help with development.
- How do you overlay this onto a containment tree? Can build it into the conformance rules.


F2F Action Review (from this week)
PC
Close existing PC Action items and roll them into a DEV Tiger Team Action Item
Create DEV Action Item on creating a process to add a sponsor to a Domain.


PC&TC
  • Cochair Action item - 106 - Activities Promoting PCD.
Close, refer to Tiger Team and start as a DEV Action Item.
  • Fall F2F
DEV decision refer to Tiger Team


TC
No Follow-up action for TC, most relevant are at DEV level.


TC Meeting Wrap up and Adjournment (Kowalczyk)


TC Meeting Adjourned


Decisions/Issues:


Action Items - PC

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Action Items - TC and WGs

The Action Items that follow and approved in subsequent committee meetings will be added to the committee Action Item page.

Next Meetings

Technical Committee: PCD TC 2020-05-06 Webex

Planning Committee: PCD PC 2020-05-13 Webex

Joint Planning and Technical Committee: PCD PC&TC 2020-04-29 Webex