Difference between revisions of "DEV Cochairs 2020-10-27 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Proposed Agenda)
(Meeting Purpose)
 
(8 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
== Meeting Purpose ==
 
== Meeting Purpose ==
''Joint DEV Domain Meeting (PCD, PCH, DPi): At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time''
+
''Cochairs DEV Domain Meeting (PCD, PCH, DPi): At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time''
  
 
== WebEx Information ==  
 
== WebEx Information ==  
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
:7. DEV Action Item Review  
 
:7. DEV Action Item Review  
::- Link to Action Items: https://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/DEV_Planning_Committee_Action_Items#Action_Items_001-009  
+
::- Link to Action Items: https://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/DEV_Planning_Committee_Action_Items#Action_Items_001-009
::- Link to DEV Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bASbQ802YbXVr--1kCiAGeyKCk6Om6Tv
+
:::- Action Item: Cochairs to update Milestones for Next Cycle
  
::- Action Item: Cochairs to update Milestones for Next Cycle
+
:::- Reference Only: Link to DEV Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bASbQ802YbXVr--1kCiAGeyKCk6Om6Tv
  
 
:8. Programs activities  
 
:8. Programs activities  
Line 46: Line 46:
 
::- Classify Change Proposal to Programs and Domain (Action item from F2F)
 
::- Classify Change Proposal to Programs and Domain (Action item from F2F)
 
::- Domain Board Report
 
::- Domain Board Report
 +
::- PCD Comments Google Group
  
 
:10. Next and Recent Meetings  
 
:10. Next and Recent Meetings  
Line 68: Line 69:
 
== Participants ==
 
== Participants ==
  
Cochairs: Kurt Elliason, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Todd Cooper, Rob Wilder
+
Cochairs:
Technical Project Manager: Michael J. Kirwan
+
:- Planning: Kurt Elliason, Thom Erickson, Ken Fuchs
Chair: Kurt Elliason
+
:- Technical: Tom Kowlczyk,  Javier Espina Perez, Stefan Schlichting
Guests: John Garguillo, Monroe Pattillo, Paul Schluter, Christophe FOURNIE, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, and Rob Wilder.
+
 
 +
Technical Project Manager: Michael J. Kirwan and Paul Sherman
 +
 
 +
Chair: Ken Fuchs
 +
 
 +
Guests: Monroe Pattillo, Paul Schluter.
  
 
'''placeholder'''
 
'''placeholder'''
: Todd Cooper, Kurt Elliason, Al Engelbert, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Christophe Fournier, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajac, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder, Brian Witkowski, Robert Canfield, James Jacobson, Tobias Klotz, Per Johansson, Kerin Klagges-Kingsbury, Peter Verstandig, , Jeanne Kraimer, David G, Erik Myklebust, Luke Goodwin, John Krupka, Victoria Tower, Peter Kranich, Matt Picinich, Stefan Schlicting, Ujjawal Kumar, Dan Lee, Steve Eberly, John Donnely, Michael Faughn, Neil Henry, David Pitts, Charles Perriot, Robert Smigielski
+
: Todd Cooper, Kurt Elliason, Al Engelbert, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Christophe Fournier, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajac, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder, Brian Witkowski, Robert Canfield, James Jacobson, Tobias Klotz, Per Johansson, Kerin Klagges-Kingsbury, Peter Verstandig, , Jeanne Kraimer, David G, Erik Myklebust, Luke Goodwin, John Krupka, Victoria Tower, Peter Kranich, Matt Picinich, Stefan Schlicting, Ujjawal Kumar, Dan Lee, Steve Eberly, John Donnely, Michael Faughn, Neil Henry, David Pitts, Charles Perriot, Robert Smigielski, Todd Cooper, Rob Wilder
 
: Chair: Thom Erickson
 
: Chair: Thom Erickson
  
Line 101: Line 107:
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
  
:- Accepted  
+
:- Accepted - Minutes approved.
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 118: Line 124:
  
 
  :3. Standards Coordination
 
  :3. Standards Coordination
 +
 +
::- Javier noted that the IEEE -10206. Bluetooth Generic Health Sensor service and profile functional requirements document was submitted to BARB. Once approved the spec development will start, likely around December time-frame. Additionally, HL7 working on publication of the IG, referenced by the PCH POU profile. It’s currently only referenced but never published.
 +
::- Ken noted that for the 11073 PoCD side, they are now more active with SDC. There have been three standards approved over last 3 years. They are now working on higher levels where a subgroup has been created. The subgroup has now met twice so they’re just getting started. Also, there is an additional nomenclature PAR -10101V related to SDC.
 +
::- Michael noted that the IEEE 11073 PHD group will start discussions on Spriomety on November 5th. This will be to draft the PAR. They do expect to need nomenclature codes but have already looked at this in the past. Currently assessing how the device specialization will work with their new -10206 ACOM work.
  
 
  :4. Ballots - None currently
 
  :4. Ballots - None currently
  
 
  :5. Marketing DEV, IHE
 
  :5. Marketing DEV, IHE
 +
 +
::- Quiet hospital: Tom noted that we have completed this and it’s been out there awhile. We’d like to know what we can improve. Todd will take our experiences to the Board. The big thing is the overall feeling that HIMSS did not support us. More important, now having gone through this, we’re not feeling that we were getting support from HIMSS. Would like to make this more accessible and advertised. Monroe agrees here but notes that HIMSS can’t show too much favoritism, so he never expected too much. Suggests to find out how to get on TV commercials (i.e., Masimo). Ken suggests that HIMSS set up a Webinar. Monroe noted that HIMSS typically would not showcase one vignette against others. There’s no special promotion beyond what the package offers. Tom notes that anything else outside of HIMSS. Monroe suggests promoter MD Expo, what would it cost to promote. Michael suggested to reach out to Amit (via Adam Bazer).
  
 
  :6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
 
  :6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
 +
 +
::- Calendar has been updated by Kurt making it more flexible for publication deadlines. We need to narrow down the dates. Ken noted that things are a bit out of sync as the events have changed (timing and virtual). Virual EU Connectathon is going through the first virtual event and may be a technical challenge. Monroe noted that they are offloading infrastructure and unfortunately large corporations don’t like testing on their corporate networks (related to IP addresses and qualified public/private domain names). They are asking corporations to whitelist within their firewall. It’s likely that participation will shrink. Ideally they should hold a trial run with three vendors plus gazelle (for DEV they could choose PIV and ACM as if these are successful then most everything else would be straight forward).
 +
 +
::- Detailed proposal December time-frame for submission.
  
 
  :7. DEV Action Item Review  
 
  :7. DEV Action Item Review  
 +
 +
::- Finishing the Board report still open (Todd working on it). In number 7 it has seven items. Add update to say all the above is done but the report.
  
 
  :8. Programs activities  
 
  :8. Programs activities  
 +
 
:- PCD
 
:- PCD
 +
::- Monroe noted that they are working through CPs for ACM for ballot. A few more to go this year. Not all will make the TF but they should make it for the March Connectathon.
 +
::- Tom commented that there was nothing more for quite hospital. See above.
 +
::- Monroe commented that the SDC effort for co-location recognition of location for security and interoperability of devices is starting. How they do this will be interesting. Crossover is expected.
 +
 
:- PCH
 
:- PCH
:- DPi
+
::- Javier noted that PCH will not provide a presentation at FHIR Developer Days (their proposal was not selected). They will have a virtual booth where their work will be mentioned and available for attendees to review.
 +
 
 +
:- Dpi
 +
::- Ken noted that there was not much on DPi and that the next two meetings dates may change due to holidays.
  
 
  :9.  Other Business
 
  :9.  Other Business
  
:10. Next and Recent Meetings  
+
:- Resolve Webex Meetings for DEV PC & TC (Clarify the invites)
::- DEV Cochairs September 22nd, 2020, [[DEV Cochairs 2020-09-22 Webex]]
+
::- Currently they are set for each week. Questioned if we want to delete those meetings. Due to holiday schedule, having them as they currently are, we will keep them as they are.
::- DEV Domain (Joint) September 23rd, 2020 [[DEV Joint 2020-09-23 Webex]]
+
:- Classify Change Proposal to Programs and Domain (Action item from F2F)
 +
::- Discussion started noting that PCD is a program, not a domain; however, it up to us to decide. Paul is inclined to have this as a program bucket. Questioned where the list of CP’s were kept and how the numbers were assigned. Paul noted that the list is really just a bunch of abstentions and a few votes. Noted that the Domains have to point to the IHE Governance, and a Domain consists of all programs.
 +
 
 +
::- Regarding quorum, it was questioned if it important that a CP goes out to all and how a ballot is calculated (is it a percentage of everything)? Noted that if it is at the Domain level then quorum is based on the Domain eligible members. Quorum must be over half of the eligible members (maintained attendance). Paul noted that typically, people not attending a Program aren’t prepared to vote, so they, must abstain. Noted that the activity to maintain eligibility across programs is difficult. Ken commented that the process is similar to the IEEE where most people vote and participate. Also questioned if the Program level was a Committee as the governance document note “decisions taken by a committee”. There was consensus that if someone wants to vote, that’s OK, but it’s not required. And, it’s acceptable for CP Ballots to go out at the program level so we will send them out to all going forward.  
 +
 
 +
:- Domain Board Report
 +
::- See above action items discussion note.
 +
 
 +
:- PCD Comments Google Group
 +
::- We generally agreed that what Paul wrote in email was good. We decided to defer to next meeting.
 +
 
 +
:- Meeting schedule in November and December
 +
::- Discussed November Cochair and Joint meetings. Currently they are slated during the week of Thanksgiving and may not be well attended. December is the same. We decided to cancel December’s meetings and, for November, we will meet the week before assuming Javier is able to adjust the PCH meetings that conflict with November 17th. Javier will work with Thom and advise the group.
  
 
== Next Meetings ==
 
== Next Meetings ==
 
''The next meetings are: ''
 
''The next meetings are: ''
  
::- DEV Domain Cochairs November 24, 2020  [[DEV Cochairs 2020-11-24 Webex]]
+
::- DEV Domain Cochairs November 17, 2020  [[DEV Cochairs 2020-11-17 Webex]]
::- DEV Domain (Joint) November 25, 2020  [[DEV Joint 2020-11-25 Webex]]
+
::- DEV Domain (Joint) November 18, 2020  [[DEV Joint 2020-11-18 Webex]]
  
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
 
[[Category:PCD Meeting]]
 
[[Category:PCD Meeting]]
 
[[Category:DEV Meeting]]
 
[[Category:DEV Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 08:32, 14 November 2020

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Cochairs DEV Domain Meeting (PCD, PCH, DPi): At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

WebEx Information

Topic: Joint DEV Domain Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

- Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
- Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: DEV_Cochairs_2020-09-22_Webex
3. Standards Coordination
4. Ballots - None currently
5. Marketing DEV, IHE
6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Status of Adopted Workitem Proposals DEV_Proposals: Cycle 15
7. DEV Action Item Review
- Link to Action Items: https://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/DEV_Planning_Committee_Action_Items#Action_Items_001-009
- Action Item: Cochairs to update Milestones for Next Cycle
- Reference Only: Link to DEV Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bASbQ802YbXVr--1kCiAGeyKCk6Om6Tv
8. Programs activities
- PCD
- Quiet Hospital
- New Profiles
- PCH
- DPi
9. Other Business
- Resolve Webex Meetings for DEV PC & TC (Clarify the invites)
- Classify Change Proposal to Programs and Domain (Action item from F2F)
- Domain Board Report
- PCD Comments Google Group
10. Next and Recent Meetings
- DEV Domain Cochairs November 24, 2020 DEV Cochairs 2020-11-24 Webex
- DEV Domain (Joint) November 25, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-11-25 Webex

Action Items from Previous Meetings

- See DEV Planning Committee Action Items and DEV Technical Committee Action Items
- Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Cochairs:

- Planning: Kurt Elliason, Thom Erickson, Ken Fuchs
- Technical: Tom Kowlczyk, Javier Espina Perez, Stefan Schlichting

Technical Project Manager: Michael J. Kirwan and Paul Sherman

Chair: Ken Fuchs

Guests: Monroe Pattillo, Paul Schluter.

placeholder

Todd Cooper, Kurt Elliason, Al Engelbert, Thom Erickson, Javier Espina, Christophe Fournier, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Tom Kowalczyk, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajac, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Rob Wilder, Brian Witkowski, Robert Canfield, James Jacobson, Tobias Klotz, Per Johansson, Kerin Klagges-Kingsbury, Peter Verstandig, , Jeanne Kraimer, David G, Erik Myklebust, Luke Goodwin, John Krupka, Victoria Tower, Peter Kranich, Matt Picinich, Stefan Schlicting, Ujjawal Kumar, Dan Lee, Steve Eberly, John Donnely, Michael Faughn, Neil Henry, David Pitts, Charles Perriot, Robert Smigielski, Todd Cooper, Rob Wilder
Chair: Thom Erickson

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
- Accepted - Minutes approved.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Status/Discussion:
- Kurt led today's discussion. No further additions to the agenda noted, the agenda was approved.
- Reviewed discussion/meeting summary from last month.

Placeholder

:3. Standards Coordination
- Javier noted that the IEEE -10206. Bluetooth Generic Health Sensor service and profile functional requirements document was submitted to BARB. Once approved the spec development will start, likely around December time-frame. Additionally, HL7 working on publication of the IG, referenced by the PCH POU profile. It’s currently only referenced but never published.
- Ken noted that for the 11073 PoCD side, they are now more active with SDC. There have been three standards approved over last 3 years. They are now working on higher levels where a subgroup has been created. The subgroup has now met twice so they’re just getting started. Also, there is an additional nomenclature PAR -10101V related to SDC.
- Michael noted that the IEEE 11073 PHD group will start discussions on Spriomety on November 5th. This will be to draft the PAR. They do expect to need nomenclature codes but have already looked at this in the past. Currently assessing how the device specialization will work with their new -10206 ACOM work.
:4. Ballots - None currently
:5. Marketing DEV, IHE
- Quiet hospital: Tom noted that we have completed this and it’s been out there awhile. We’d like to know what we can improve. Todd will take our experiences to the Board. The big thing is the overall feeling that HIMSS did not support us. More important, now having gone through this, we’re not feeling that we were getting support from HIMSS. Would like to make this more accessible and advertised. Monroe agrees here but notes that HIMSS can’t show too much favoritism, so he never expected too much. Suggests to find out how to get on TV commercials (i.e., Masimo). Ken suggests that HIMSS set up a Webinar. Monroe noted that HIMSS typically would not showcase one vignette against others. There’s no special promotion beyond what the package offers. Tom notes that anything else outside of HIMSS. Monroe suggests promoter MD Expo, what would it cost to promote. Michael suggested to reach out to Amit (via Adam Bazer).
:6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Domain_Milestone_Dates
- Calendar has been updated by Kurt making it more flexible for publication deadlines. We need to narrow down the dates. Ken noted that things are a bit out of sync as the events have changed (timing and virtual). Virual EU Connectathon is going through the first virtual event and may be a technical challenge. Monroe noted that they are offloading infrastructure and unfortunately large corporations don’t like testing on their corporate networks (related to IP addresses and qualified public/private domain names). They are asking corporations to whitelist within their firewall. It’s likely that participation will shrink. Ideally they should hold a trial run with three vendors plus gazelle (for DEV they could choose PIV and ACM as if these are successful then most everything else would be straight forward).
- Detailed proposal December time-frame for submission.
:7. DEV Action Item Review 
- Finishing the Board report still open (Todd working on it). In number 7 it has seven items. Add update to say all the above is done but the report.
:8. Programs activities 
- PCD
- Monroe noted that they are working through CPs for ACM for ballot. A few more to go this year. Not all will make the TF but they should make it for the March Connectathon.
- Tom commented that there was nothing more for quite hospital. See above.
- Monroe commented that the SDC effort for co-location recognition of location for security and interoperability of devices is starting. How they do this will be interesting. Crossover is expected.
- PCH
- Javier noted that PCH will not provide a presentation at FHIR Developer Days (their proposal was not selected). They will have a virtual booth where their work will be mentioned and available for attendees to review.
- Dpi
- Ken noted that there was not much on DPi and that the next two meetings dates may change due to holidays.
:9.  Other Business
- Resolve Webex Meetings for DEV PC & TC (Clarify the invites)
- Currently they are set for each week. Questioned if we want to delete those meetings. Due to holiday schedule, having them as they currently are, we will keep them as they are.
- Classify Change Proposal to Programs and Domain (Action item from F2F)
- Discussion started noting that PCD is a program, not a domain; however, it up to us to decide. Paul is inclined to have this as a program bucket. Questioned where the list of CP’s were kept and how the numbers were assigned. Paul noted that the list is really just a bunch of abstentions and a few votes. Noted that the Domains have to point to the IHE Governance, and a Domain consists of all programs.
- Regarding quorum, it was questioned if it important that a CP goes out to all and how a ballot is calculated (is it a percentage of everything)? Noted that if it is at the Domain level then quorum is based on the Domain eligible members. Quorum must be over half of the eligible members (maintained attendance). Paul noted that typically, people not attending a Program aren’t prepared to vote, so they, must abstain. Noted that the activity to maintain eligibility across programs is difficult. Ken commented that the process is similar to the IEEE where most people vote and participate. Also questioned if the Program level was a Committee as the governance document note “decisions taken by a committee”. There was consensus that if someone wants to vote, that’s OK, but it’s not required. And, it’s acceptable for CP Ballots to go out at the program level so we will send them out to all going forward.
- Domain Board Report
- See above action items discussion note.
- PCD Comments Google Group
- We generally agreed that what Paul wrote in email was good. We decided to defer to next meeting.
- Meeting schedule in November and December
- Discussed November Cochair and Joint meetings. Currently they are slated during the week of Thanksgiving and may not be well attended. December is the same. We decided to cancel December’s meetings and, for November, we will meet the week before assuming Javier is able to adjust the PCH meetings that conflict with November 17th. Javier will work with Thom and advise the group.

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- DEV Domain Cochairs November 17, 2020 DEV Cochairs 2020-11-17 Webex
- DEV Domain (Joint) November 18, 2020 DEV Joint 2020-11-18 Webex

PCD Home