Cross-Community Document Reliable Interchange (XCDR)
XCDR introduces the capability to send documents from a source Community with sufficient information to direct the documents through gateways to a designated target Community.
The Cross-Community Document Reliable Interchange (XCDR) Profile provides the capability to send a set of documents in a Cross-Community environment. The XCDR Profile specifies the transaction to push documents from an Initiating Gateway of a source Community to the Responding Gateway of a target Community. XCDR extends the deployment of a community organized around an XDS Document Registry and Repository(s) by allowing both Document Source Actors within this XDS based community, and also those in different communities to act as a source of documents.
The XCDR Profile:
- has similar deployment characteristics to the IHE Cross-Community Access (XCA) Profile and is easily combined and deployed in an environment that is already using XCA.
- fully specifies the combined use with the IHE Cross-Enterprise Document Reliable Interchange (XDR) Profile, enabling XDR Document Source and Document Recipient Actors in separate communities to become connected. End-to-end acknowledgement is assured. A Document Source receives acknowledgment only when the Document Recipient in a remote community has received the document.
- extends the deployment of a community organized around an XDS Document Registry and Repository(s) by allowing both Document Sources Actors within this XDS based community, and also those in different communities to act as a source of documents.
XCDR supports the exchange of documents within a Cross-Community environment with Web-Services as transport. The routing of the document set relies on an Initiating Gateway in the source community and Responding Gateway(s) in one or more remote communities.
This profile would be implemented in systems using XCA gateways.
Actors & Transactions:
Profile Status: Trial Implementation
<Provide direct links to the specific volumes or supplements, and list the volume sections relevant to this profile. This is a simple inventory of official normative and informative text. If you would like to provide a reading guide or walkthrough of what is in each of the different sections for implementers or users, do that in the Profile FAQ or the Profile Implementation Page linked below. If the profile uses transactions from multiple Tech. Frameworks, repeat the structure below.>
<List profiles this one depends on, profiles that depend on this one, profiles that are synergistic with this one. Start with the name of the other profile as a link and then explain the relationship.>
- Cross-Community_Access [XCA] Basis for Cross Community data interchange.
- Cross-enterprise Document Reliable Interchange [XDR] PRofile that describes basic push between communities.
- Cross-enterprise Document Sharing [XDS] facilitates the registration, distribution and access across health enterprises of patient electronic health records.
This page is based on the Profile Overview Template