Card Tech Minutes 2018.07.09-11
- Chris Melo, Co-Chair, Philips Healthcare
- Nick Gawrit, Co-Chair, heartbase
- Rebecca Baker, ACC
- Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
- Bruce Bray, Univ of Utah
- Nakano Shinichi, Canon, IHE Japan
- Takeshi Oozeki,Canon , IHE Japan
- Charles Thomas, University of Washington[WebEx]
- Jim McRae, University of Washington[WebEx]
- Christina Demur, GE Healthcare[WebEx]
- Andrea Price, Indiana University [WebEx]
- Sophia Chaidez, HCA [WebEx]
Day 1 Minutes
- Introductions / Agenda review
- CPN Extensions - Charles Thomas
- Review of public comment feedback on CPN Extensions profile
Got comments from Siemens, Epic, Philips, ACC, and heartbase. ACC comments included on values in the Indications value set. Will address the corrections to the existing value set. Will not add new values but that work will be part of the separate focus on the specific clinical reports. Action: Bruce, Rebecca, Charles to review the issues raised and how to solve.
- Update on related cardiology standardization activities - Bruce Bray
- HSPC - Health Services Platform Consortium - is focused on implementation of standards.
- CIIC - Clinical Information Interoperability Council - is focused on implementation of standards. FDA, CMS are involved.
- HL7 Clinical Interoperability Council (CIC) - includes a project on registry data elements.
These are focused on US realm initially. But there is interest in expanding to international. There will be a meeting of HSPC and CIIC at the end of July. ACC Informatics task force is discussing how to link to these efforts.
- DICOM WG1 - Antje and Bruce are leading this. Exploring what to focus on - finding ourselves. How do echo templates support guidelines coming out or recently have come out. One topic is support for echo reporting. This is not covered by CPN curently.
Have interacted with European Society of Cardiology - for eCardiology to standardize reporting and workflows. Suggested to raise this with the Planning Committee.
- CPN Companion Guide - current status - Rebecca
- Rebecca reviewed the current status of the documents. Discussion about what should be in the technical document. There is need for a document/template for use in the RFI process.
- Nick suggested only publishing the executive and clinical documents. These would be used to help in the RFI process. Not for vendors to implement the profile.
- Andrea suggests putting links into the clinical document to the CPN profile. Example of how to model a lesion. Driven by the content of the clinical document. When review the clinical document, find out where information is needed. When all the clinical document is reviewed, the supportive material is complete.
- Began review of clinical document. Rebecca will post the updated document to the ftp site.
- Homework for all - review clinical and see where additional explanation is needed in the clinical portion of this document.
- CPN Extension - triage feedback - Charles
- Collated public comments - only 51 comments.
- Addressed comments from Siemens and Philips.
- Homework:Charles to review the remaining comments. Will propose resolutions for discusson on Tuesday.
Day 2 Minutes
- CPN Companion Guide - review of clinical document - Rebecca
- Question - how will we publish this? We will need to check with Mary on ways to do this. We will plan to publish for public comment as a PDF document generated from MS Word. Chris to check with Mary for best way to do this.
- Nick to create example of representing lesions and using lesion information from previous CPN documents.
- This document will be reviewed by the non-technical audience. Andrea has contacts to review. Also will have David Slotwiner Jerry Serwer as Planning Committee reps to review. This document should be published by the Planning Committee.
- Charge capture - procedure and equipment information can be included in CPN but is not explicitly described as how to use the information for charge capture. Andrea will draft a short summary of how to use CPN for this use case to support charge capturing.
- Inventory management - the Procedure Description section with a device organizer is used to list the devices used. These devices can be associated with the specific procedures where they are used.
- Suggestion to have a single writing style for the entire document. Will be reviewed when content is complete to make consistent.
- CPN Extensions - Charles Thomas
- Review/discussion of public comment feedback on CPN Extensions profile
- Review of comments from heartbase.
- Question about requiring support for all procedure types for Structural Heart Intervention option. Nick will follow-up with David/Jerry for clarification.
- Support for pacemakers as a procedure type? There is a code for pacemaker implantation as a procedure activity procedure, but not one for pacemaker explant. Does CPN support data needed for pacemaker procedures? Will add pacemaker codes to EP procedure activity procedure value set. Will also add open issue explaining further detailed analysis is required to determine if pacemaker procedures are fully supported.
- Review of comments from Epic.
- Need further clarification on comments from Epic. Will look to schedule next weekly t-con to discuss these comments.
- playingDevice - is classCode=MMAT acceptable by CDA? Gazelle indicates this is not valid. This is in ProcedureDeviceOrganizer template. Chris will look into this