Card Tech Minutes 2018.07.09-11
- Chris Melo, Co-Chair, Philips Healthcare
- Nick Gawrit, Co-Chair, heartbase
- Rebecca Baker, ACC
- Bruce Bray, Univ of Utah
- Nakano Shinichi, Toshiba, IHE Japan
- Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
- Charles Thomas, University of Washington[WebEx]
- Christina Demure, GE Healthcare[WebEx]
Day 1 Minutes
- Introductions / Agenda review
- CPN Extensions - Charles Thomas
- Review of public comment feedback on CPN Extensions profile
Got comments from Siemens, Epic, Philips, ACC, and heartbase. ACC comments included on values in the Indications value set. Will address the corrections to the existing value set. Will not add new values but that work will be part of the separate focus on the specific clinical reports. Action: Bruce, Rebecca, Charles to review the issues raised and how to solve.
- Update on related cardiology standardization activities - Bruce Bray
- HSPC - Health Services Platform Consortium - is focused on implementation of standards.
- CIIC - Clinical Information Interoperability Council - is focused on implementation of standards. FDA, CMS are involved.
- HL7 Clinical Interoperability Council (CIC) - includes a project on registry data elements.
These are focused on US realm initially. But there is interest in expanding to international. There will be a meeting of HSPC and CIIC at the end of July. ACC Informatics task force is discussing how to link to these efforts.
- DICOM WG1 - Antje and Bruce are leading this. Exploring what to focus on - finding ourselves. How do echo templates support guidelines coming out or recently have come out.
Have interacted with European Society of Cardiology - for eCardiology to standardize reporting and workflows. Suggested to raise this with the Planning Committee.