Card Tech Minutes 2018.05.09
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Chris Melo, Co-chair, Philips Healthcare
- Nick Gawrit, Co-Chair, heartbase
- Paul Dow, Secretary, ACC
- Rebecca Baker, ACC
- Andrea Price, Indiana University
- Dan Murphy, Epic
- Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
- Charles Thomas, University of Washington
- Jon Fast, ACC
- Sophia Chaidez, HCA
- CPN Profile for Public Comment
- Charles Thomas has completed the update of content for the Public Comment. The document has been forwarded to the Tech Committee for final edits to return to Charles Thomas by the COB 5/9/.
- SNOMED Code Update - Chris Melo
- We have received approve to use SNOMED codes from the international version published in 2018. Charles Thomas will send Chris the list of codes names and numbers used in his latest updates.
- July 2018 Meeting Update
- We have confirmed the dates of July 9-11, 2018 for the next face to face at Heart House in Washington DC.
- Review of Data Harmonization Meeting
- Overall positive reviews from the attendees. The next priority is to ,
- One large question is what the costs of projects may be for technology adoption. Some of the medical terminology projects may work with other groups such as CIIC, which will require some resources. There were some concerns raised about vendors possibly being over extended from a financial perspective. A clear business plan, and infrastructural will We will need to be sure that we communicate effectively that 3rd party vendors. We will need to ensure that the people who contribute time and financial resources to these efforts realize the benefits. We will push John and Jeff to begin planning in June/July rather than waiting until September.
- CPN Companion Guide: Review Clinical Document
- This document has been thought several rounds of edits with the writing group. We've also received feedback from two CMIOs who offered other insights. The audience for this document is very time-constrained. Adding any extraneous detail will make it less likely the document will be completely read. They will most likely delegate this to another staff person for research. The emphasis will be on communicating the message of CPN as efficiently as possible. We will apply the edits that were suggested during today's meeting and Paul will send to Sarah and Brian for review. We hope to have a draft completed by the end of May 2018.