Card Tech Minutes 2018.04.18
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Chris Melo, Co-Chair, Philips Healthcare
- Nick Gawrit, Co-Chair, heartbase
- Paul Dow, Secretary, ACC
- Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
- Charles Thomas, University of Washington
- Rebecca Baker, ACC
- Jon Fast, ACC
- Dan Murphy, Epic
- Jeff Westcott, Swedish Medical Center
- Andrea Price, Indiana University
- Sophia Chaidez, HCA
- CPN Extensions Review, Status Update Discussion - Charles Thomas [41 min]
- The challenge of coding severity within the procedure as well as in post-procedure diagnosis. A brief review of the template in Art Decor and the gaps where severity entry within the documentation. This may not be completed within this cycle, as all of the severity scales are variable. Consolidated CDA does have the capacity to cite this information. This may be a data governance issue. There are options for representing different levels of specificity. Historically, we have been more cautious about adding this level of granular detail, mainly due to lack of representation from other societies. We may end up creating a severity table that has various entries to keep it as generic as possible to ensure that it is manageable for ongoing maintenance.
- Next Steps:
- Dan, with some assistance from Chris will model this in Art Decor later today.
- Charles will finalize his documents for review later today to allow for comment within the committee by next Wednesday's T-con.
- CPN Companion Guide Check-In - Rebecca Baker [19 min]
- Technical Companion Guide Group Met last week. Executive version was created as a two-page outline that has been sent for review. This should help define the scope and purpose of the technical document. The final document most likely will include all three setions and readers will select the information appropriate levels of interest.
- Next Steps:
- Rebecca will send the document to the group for a high-level review. If the Tech Committee approves of the general format it could become the style of who, what, where, when, why, suitable for all of the documents created for this effort.